A practical teleportation code ?

Risotto

Question

Hey people,

Can I ask your help about teleportation skill in mugen ? I seek a code which would allow to determine the issue of a teleportation move by pressing buttons.

For exemple you do the move, the char disappears, he stay in this state and cannot attack or cannot be attacked until the player push the good button to reappear somewhere in the stage (two locations so two actions possible). Thats the first part of the move, second would be to include attacks.

I mean, you do the move the char disappears, you press a button he appears to attack at some spot and return in the "disappearance" state once the move is done (at a power cost, for sure), he could do this move as long as he has power, then the player should have to push the button to reappear.

To resume, this is how I would to code the "teleportation" skill of my WIP char : a skill to disappear, attack with power cost, and reappear at player choice locations.

I think this code shouldnt be too difficult to do but it would save time to me if someone has something like that to share here or at last indications.

Regards.

2 answers to this question

Oh thats easy. SO i'll write it out in english with minor code, and you try to piece it together.

ok so do your first state

State 1 Invisible

plays animation, make sure last frame of animation is -1 index (no sprite) with a -1 time, so you stay invisible "forever", also include 3 changestate, 1st changestate for command = "a" , 2nd changestate for command = "b", and a 3rd changestate for time, so even thought your invisible you can't stay that way forever and the 3rd one will send you to your not invisible state.

State 2 Attack A

use a posset code or a posadd code to position player 1 where you want them to attack, play your animation of course, and 1 changestate to send the player back to there stand.

State 3 Attack B

use a posset code or a posadd code to position player 1 where you want them to attack, play your animation of course, and 1 changestate to send the player back to there stand.
pretty much the same as A except this only works if you press B , of course I'm using A and B commands for example.

State 4 Exit

Just play an aanimation or explod to smoke screen it, and make the player reappear and 1 changestate to send back to stand.