Gast DBZ - Mugen Games WIP -

AxSeeker

The coder quit on me. Apparently he's in school or something.

Anyway,

A possible Thok wip design?

eLdPR20.png

Probably my favorite character in the game. This character appears with his brother in return of the jedi around Jabba's palace. I assumed he was a different character in the game but apparently it's the same guy.

I'ma try and finish vader myself.

Update:

Sounds are finally in, straight from the original trilogy plus masters of teras kasi. If anyone knows of another source, please let me know.

1 special is complete, the force move from empire strikes back where objects float at look to knock him outside.

Current;y working on grab, force choke!

15 hours ago, Laharl said:

Soul calibur 4 thats really the only voice you need honestly.

http://www.tzarsectus.com/sc4-speech/

grab vader

Thanks. I wasn't sure how to get these rips. I just started watching his fights yesterday. I was very disappointed with darth vader's presentation in soul calibur. It just felt like he was another mitsurigi, they even gave him an extra garment that resembled samurai. I did get an idea though for another move, the ever common force push from the sequels was in darth vader soul calibur.

I also saw screwattacks death battle darth vader vs dr.doom and it was very informative but I didn't get anything useful from that other than he did a force ball of electricity in the comics :P

I'm checking out wookiepedia to for a list of force based attacks.

Update:

Force choke is complete as well as darth vader's super, tracking spin lightsaber throw, popularized in the snes games, a move in masters of teras kasi, and shown in the original trilogy against luke skywalker!

Maybe gonna add a slightsaber spin trick attack. I am also considering a force enhanced saber slash, samurai style perhaps?

I'm seriously thinking of ditching force lightning. Perhaps he should have more objects flying instead, maybe from in front and behind?

After this i'll release and leave it at this. I may start another one or continue an old one, I don't know.

On 1/16/2016 at 0:01 PM, Sheriff Woody said:

I like how you are basing Vader of of Masters of Teras Kasi. It's about time we remember that game.

Anyways, good luck on this and all other future projects!

Thanks. I liked the game, it just had hard controls. If they were simple commands then the special moves would have made the game more fun for a wider audience. I let everything else slide in that game because it was like 90s era maybe, graphics were more blocky, 3d was new, it was more tekken like, a desired star wars game we finally got, and all that.

Though don't get too excited cause my coding skills and lack of effort show in this wip. I rarely ever put 100% effort into any of my wips and recently I've just lost interest in doing the extra work required.

You may very well be dissapointed; just a heads up. I wish I could do at least half-assed but I am finding that that's just too much work in itself. Mugen is a terrible hobby if you ever wanna take it beyond 2 character. It eventually drains you!

I did this though because I really wanted a darth vader mugen character, and even a full game; however I am not up to finishing all that because mugen in general can take years. I also mostly do it all alone since hardly anyone wants to do my work for me (then again, who wants to do work period....), so I'm in sleepwalking mode for the most part in mugen. I'm asleep while spriting and coding; so expect sleepspriting and sleepcoding.:confuse:

good night!

Just now, AxSeeker said:

Thanks. I liked the game, it just had hard controls. If they were simple commands then the special moves would have made the game more fun for a wider audience. I let everything else slide in that game because it was like 90s era maybe, graphics were more blocky, 3d was new, it was more tekken like, a desired star wars game we finally got, and all that.

Though don't get too excited cause my coding skills and lack of effort show in this wip. I rarely ever put 100% effort into any of my wips and recently I've just lost interest in doing the extra work required.

You may very well be dissapointed; just a heads up. I wish I could do at least half-assed but I am finding that that's just too much work in itself. Mugen is a terrible hobby if you ever wanna take it beyond 2 character. It eventually drains you!

I did this though because I really wanted a darth vader mugen character, and even a full game; however I am not up to finishing all that because mugen in general can take years. I also mostly do it all alone since hardly anyone wants to do my work for me (then again, who wants to do work period....), so I'm in sleepwalking mode for the most part in mugen. I'm asleep while spriting and coding; so expect sleepspriting and sleepcoding.:confuse:

good night!

giphy.gif

Don't worry. I do understand how hard coding a character can be (since I've got a couple WIPs myself). I still like the idea of Masters of Teras Kasi in Mugen.

You're too kind. Thank you. I hope it's pleasing at least to a small degree for some.

Update:

Okay, I'm goi9ng to finish this tonight, be on the look out for the release. Darth Vader has his sounds and they are splendid.

@Laharl,Your SC vader sounds were all but useless to my wip. Thanks anyway though for the helping hand. I like when staff/members are involved like this.

Darth Vader needed some sounds that SC didn't have but no worries, I ripped more from the original trilogy and i think i have it covered.

I have 1 super move left and 2 special attacks. I may try to increase the frames in a few attacks to with added lightsaber fxs. I might include an A.I. though.

The commands are gonna be a bit wonky since this isn't exactly like masters of teras kasi where you use R1 command or C to equip and unequip your lightsaber. I also don't have side stepping like in the 3D game. So a lot is reused. Hopefully i'll have a solution by then though but if not, it'll be in the final release.

QzWNYvr.png

On 1/19/2016 at 9:24 PM, TopKirby8305 said:

Darth Vader huh?  Once he gets done I'll give him a spin!  :3

Just in case you missed it, he has all ready been released. Check the releases section!

Okay, I'm shifting back to Gast from Dragon Ball Multiverse.

Update:

I finally got cracking on those basics and finished a set of sprites for this wip to get started.

ssBCUfC.png

I might recolor the pants down the line to be more vivid like the body portions. The next set will be blocks and get hits. I may scale him up so he's kinda giant sized. Right now he is about Broly's height but I think he might be taller though? I'm not sure???

mkcZagp.png

Okay i finished these now. Blocking and getting hit are complete. Next will be the falling sprites and then after that I can finally get started on the basics, the 6 button attacks!!!

I'm also looking for a voice to rip. I'll be checking out animes and old cartoon shows. I know I can find something really cool out there, maybe from a disney movie even XD

1 minute ago, RobotMonkeyHead said:

Good lookin!

Heh. I'm betting you're noticing the little touches in skin texture. I noticed piccolo had very lizard rough skin where you can see line crease details.

I put a lot of little detail in this, some stuff I learned when i worked on M.O.D.O.K. :P

After all this I may add some blood and ripped clothing to before release.  The Extreme Butoden rips are too awesome! This namek WIP is definitely exceeding my expectations. I can't wait to code this just to see it in my roster fighting other characters. I am crossing my fingers for a sequel to this 3DS game. If i can get more rips then I can do way more character project possibilities. I'd like to do Great kaioshin if I can get some Extreme Butoden Shin sprites. Just combine that with Buu's sprites and Bingo! Great kaioshin!!!

John_Morrison-great_kaioshin_by_caiomnrl_d4o7qod.jpg

maybe some Dabura sprites could help to?

Higher Res DBZ mugen is so awesome! I'm glad it's finally here.

isxmIqK.png

Falling animations are now complete. Next will be the basic attacks, starting with punching perhaps. Before I start coding this character, I'm gonna attempt to try and update my Goku first so as I can use the character as a base for this WIP. The less often i have to re-code something the easier these WIPs will be. I may attempt beam struggles again and ki parry and such. I'd also like to ditch the charging energy technique. It really is a terrible mechanic for a fighter to have. Perhaps i can reuse that somewhere-else in a non combat situation?

I'm so excited about making another DBZ WIP! Finally i can get an addiional character for my game's roster. I've been also thinking about Frieza 100% maximum power; maybe just a single sprite to see how it could look.

I saw this in the webcomic and I think this would be appealing for Frieza! It's a fan make of Frieza having another form like Cooler!

Frieza (Universe 3) - Dragon Ball Multiverse Wiki

I could maybe work him into my story for the game? Though I'm not sure if I prefer this one or the 100% version in the Frieza saga? In any case this will probably be a WIP for way later into the future. There's just too much to do right now and i don't know when I'll get tired again. :/

• 7 months later...

Long time no see MFFA. Just updating everyone here who is interested in these works that I'm currently working on a remix update of Goku. He's far more improved and has new fixes that are so far working well. Many of his moves have been expanded and some new ones are coming up and are in progress. This Goku will also do more things from the Z series!

I'm not calling this edit an update but rather just extra stuff to cram in this old release. I felt that the Goku I released before was as complete as I wanted it but now I'm going back to add some more bonus's.

I never expected this Goku to be so content filled and he's coming out much more refined and more difficult to defeat but still not impossible. You'll enjoy playing him and even more fighting against him. I'm also brainstorming for more ideas to experiment with. The character has been an amazing project and I feel that this remix will further perfect this project's goals. I would have never imagined that I would haven gotten what I got out of this Goku before when i started it. He truly is a unique project and I hope his fans out there will appreciate him the more when he gets another great re-release. You won't find another character like this one for a while until someone tries to top what was done with this one. I'm so excited and I can't wait to share him with all of you out here and also re-host him once again so future generations can enjoy this special edition of Goku unlike any before!

Goku_super_saiyan_battle_against_freeza.

COMING SOON

On 9/6/2016 at 10:05 PM, TMC55 said:

For coding Darth Vader I would recommend DMSderProgamer, he made an awesome edit of Samus and Donkey Kong. Maybe you can get into contact with him.

Anyone is welcome to re-code these characters.