[DBFC] Tomoka Minoto

Ultra Fatality

I think making sure that the Basketball transformation is as compatible as possible is the bigger priority.

What about characters that don't have sprites for the basketball transformation? What if someone wants to include basketball transformation sprites in his own character? What if a character uses the animation number for the basketball transformation for something else (like Quilty Gear staggering or Midnight Bliss)?

That all needs to be considered.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool to see you working on more DBFC chars :D I recently made Taiga (but she's still on progress). So when you got it well, just tell me which are the anims to get the basketball transform. Maybe you can use the same state than Darkstalkers' Zabel/Lord Raptor, which has a super where also transform his enemy into a basketball ;)

9 hours ago, Basara-kun said:

Cool to see you working on more DBFC chars :D I recently made Taiga (but she's still on progress). So when you got it well, just tell me which are the anims to get the basketball transform. Maybe you can use the same state than Darkstalkers' Zabel/Lord Raptor, which has a super where also transform his enemy into a basketball ;)

No need to my friend its all built in with my character all i need is your characters file name so it can properly work with her ^_^

1 minute ago, Captain Papyrus said:

Uh...that's a very bad way to implement the basketball transform.

Seriously, it's much easier through my suggestion.

Trust me I've seen what you post and I'm long beyond that point i been took all that into consideration the moment i started working on her i for one love doing custom states and realize it can really make or break a character i'm very skilled at it and i believe my method is the most simple and easy the reason why i would need someone's name is for Dengeki characters only which i downloaded all of them so far just so i can perfect this move but yeah or someone who just so happens to have there very own custom basketball sprites but if they don't have any type of b ball sprite then its already covered Trust ;-)

Okay, here is the thing.

The way you try to do things would require to update your character non-stop with new triggers for new character names and author names, cluttering up your code on the process.

However, there exist a very useful and attractive alternative: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/optional-animation-standards-138791.0.html

That way, instead of checking for the character name or author name of the opponent, your character instead checks if the opponent has the anim numbers required for the basketball transformation.

In order to avoid as many errors as possible, you should choose an obscure number that is not listed on this topic yet, then just tell others on this thread about your new animation standard, so it can be noted down so everyone else can make his/her characters compatible with your animation standard for Tomoka's basketball transformation.

It's also pretty easy to do, thankfully.

2 minutes ago, Captain Papyrus said:

Okay, here is the thing.

The way you try to do things would require to update your character non-stop with new triggers for new character names and author names, cluttering up your code on the process.

However, there exist a very useful and attractive alternative: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/optional-animation-standards-138791.0.html

That way, instead of checking for the character name or author name of the opponent, your character instead checks if the opponent has the anim numbers required for the basketball transformation.

In order to avoid as many errors as possible, you should choose an obscure number that is not listed on this topic yet, then just tell others on this thread about your new animation standard, so it can be noted down so everyone else can make his/her characters compatible with your animation standard for Tomoka's basketball transformation.

It's also pretty easy to do, thankfully.

Ahhh i see what you mean now and ok i'll look into that good to see theres a topic for stuff like this 

• 6 months later...
23 hours ago, Ultra Fatality said:

I Know its been a long time im going threw some troubling times on my end my friend but don't worry she is very much still alive along with all my other DBFC Projects ;) 

Thumbs up man and good luck! (Soon another for the collection!):OhYeah:

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Misana1598 said:

Hey how's everything coming along?:goodmood:

Just fine my friend only thing i really need to do is her specials and supers after that shes ready oh and her helper its taking so long because of personal issues on my end so yeah sorry for the wait wish i could get her and a lot of my other projects released sooner >_<

8 hours ago, Ultra Fatality said:

Just fine my friend only thing i really need to do is her specials and supers after that shes ready oh and her helper its taking so long because of personal issues on my end so yeah sorry for the wait wish i could get her and a lot of my other projects released sooner >_<

No prob. (Also could you consider maybe thinking about doing Kuroyukime?)

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Misana1598 said:

Hello again... just wanted to know of progress or any time Tomaka will be released, but take your time because the HYPE is real. You are fantastic, your brilliant, your Ultra Fatality! :youre_winner:

I Wish i bring her to you sooner dude but sadly yeah things are still going slow i'll maybe try to post something of her for you bro like a video or screenshot something you know but like i said sadly  shes going to take awhile aside from personal life a lot of people are requesting my other WIPS instead of her you bring in more hype and love for her i'll prioritize her more 

• 1 month later...