131 replies to this topic

#1 Black chaos

Black chaos

The Man Everyone Confuses for Someone Else

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:29 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9OqbiRLaho

The epic rematch looms in the distance as Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 prepares to take the battle to all-new heights. With new iconic characters from the Marvel and Capcom universes, 48 characters on disc, a refined fighting system and new modes, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the Capcom fighting game legacy when it releases this November for the low MSRP of $39.99.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3gRwvQnHe0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkyZMfgE6Pg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-JY6MFoBMc

Release dates for the DLC Packs (320MSP or $4.00 PSN) are below.
  • Rising Dead Pack (Phoenix, Frank, Nemesis, Ghost Rider) - Nov. 22nd
  • Evil Twin Pack (Spider-man, Deadpool, Hsien-Ko, Vergil) - Dec. 6th
  • Ancient Warrior Pack (Hulk, Magneto, Arthur, Firebrand) - Dec.20th
  • Brawler Pack (She-Hulk, Haggar, Spencer, Iron Fist) - Jan. 10th
  • Femme Fatale Pack (Morrigan, Storm, X-23, Chun-li) - Jan. 17th
  • Villain Pack (Super Skrull, Wesker, C.Viper, MODOK) - Jan. 17th
  • New Age of Heroes Pack (Dr. Doom, Sentinel, Strider, Akuma) - Jan. 17th
  • Animal Pack (Wolverine, Rocket Raccoon, Felicia, Amaterasu) - Jan. 24th
  • Weapon Expert Pack (Zero, Hawkeye, Taskmaster, Trish) - Feb. 7th
  • Viewtiful Strange Pack (Dr. Strange, Dormammu, Nova, Phoenix Wright, Viewtiful Joe, Tron Bonne) - Feb. 21st
  • Complete Pack (all 48, 20$ PSN, 1600MSP) - Mar. 6th

Overall General Gameplay

• X-factor has been nerfed. Damage boost seems lower, duration seems lower on XF 2 and 3.

• X-factor is usable in the air. This is, surprisingly, not a bad thing. It actually adds a whole new, and fun, dynamic to the mix.

• DHC trick is fixed.

• New voice over's when a character is forced in by another character's death.

• Down TAC still builds yourself 1 meter, but side TAC removes a meter from the opponent. Really irritating / scary.

ULTIMATE MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 BALANCE CHANGES DISCOVERED/SUSPECTED THUS FAR
PART 1

Disclaimer: Take most of these changes with a grain of salt. Not only is there insufficient time for people to be experimenting but some of these changes might be revised for the final game as well. Stuff like "X is a bit faster/slower" should also be taken lightly as some people may exaggerate minor changes in frame data.

Read changes as:
+ = Buff
- = Nerf
+/- = A change in mechanics that can be either a buff or a nerf and needs more experimentation to determine which it is

There are going to be additional notes in the changes concerning the implications of said changes. I think it's important for people to know why stuff was changed and which characters needed what. There will also be discussion on the implication of how a character's position in the tier list might change due to the changes. Tier list change will take into account other mechanics change like aerial X factor and TAC changes.

Spoiler

ULTIMATE MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 BALANCE CHANGES DISCOVERED/SUSPECTED THUS FAR
PART 2

Spoiler

Overall the game is much better then the first MvC3 but has its own problem but a fun game no the less.

#2 Laharl

Laharl

The Waifu Duo

• Global Moderators
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:58 PM

yeah UMVC3 is definitely on my list of games to get, gonna go online with wesker vergil and phoenix wright lol. OBJECTION!

#3 Black chaos

Black chaos

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:01 PM

phoenix wright is really hard to use because of his normal attack range

#4 Laharl

Laharl

The Waifu Duo

• Global Moderators
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:06 PM

yeah I have seen that, Ive seen many gameplay videos of him I learned how he works picking up evidence and whatnot, Once you figure him out hes pretty fun. His level 3 seems like a fullscreen super, and his maya shield assist is really nice it even absorbs special damage.

#5 Ultiɱℯciɑ

Ultiɱℯciɑ

Prinny Instructor

• Contributors
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:22 PM

I've played as Phoenix. He got really short attack range, it's pretty hard to use him... Well, played only 2 hours or so.

#6 NeoGeoKitsune

NeoGeoKitsune

Furry Magnet

• Members
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:31 AM

i may actually get this (though i absolutely loathed the vanilla one) but i'll probably play as a team of Rocket Raccoon, Chris Redfield and Vergil http://mugenfreefora...tyle_emoticons/default/smile.png

#7 Ultiɱℯciɑ

Ultiɱℯciɑ

Prinny Instructor

• Contributors
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:01 AM

BTW, I'm the only one who got some killing rage rising thanks to that wall with pictures of missing/slain characters? Or with Zero's DLC outfit?

#8 Rozalyne

Rozalyne

MFFA's Lurker

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:08 PM

I like using Trish, Felicia and Morrigan a lot... Mainly Morrigan, cuz I sorta have a thing for her. o3o I've tried fighting as Phoenix Wright, and he's definitely not easy to use and I will not enjoy fighting against him.. -.- *CoughLaharlCough* I also hate those that play as Wolverine and spam 'Swiss Cheese'. Ugh. =-=

#9 Noside

Noside

Foxhound Soldier

• Members
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:54 PM

Actually, i have Call of Duty: Black Ops, Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2, Castlevania: Lord of Shadows and Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition edited by Laharl for posting piracy content

#10 Laharl

Laharl

The Waifu Duo

• Global Moderators
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:20 PM

uh you can't post that here noside im giving you a warning

#11 Noside

Noside

Foxhound Soldier

• Members
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:58 PM

Oh sorry Laharl, didn't know about that, so that means i can't share Isos, Mp3, Movies and stuff here?

#12 Laharl

Laharl

The Waifu Duo

• Global Moderators
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:09 PM

that would be correct no piracy is allowed idk about mp3s though

#13 Ultiɱℯciɑ

Ultiɱℯciɑ

Prinny Instructor

• Contributors
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:16 PM

I don't think mp3 is allowed either Unlike the fallen GFFA, this forum got some traffic so to avoid possible problems it's better to avoid talking about piracy.

#14 Noside

Noside

Foxhound Soldier

• Members
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:28 PM

That's a shame cuz' i have a Billion things to share, well, rules are rules, peace.

#15 Chelnov

Chelnov

Know My Name And Fear It. I. Am. *********

• Administrators
  • 4,491 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:22 PM

we all have alot of things to share. but yes. the last thing you need is someone to walk by say oh look a movie! time to shut down mugen free for all!

#16 Ultiɱℯciɑ

Ultiɱℯciɑ

Prinny Instructor

• Contributors
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:04 PM

Trolling level : asshole

Posted Image

#17 Laharl

Laharl

The Waifu Duo

• Global Moderators
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:08 PM

yeah i just love how they did that ruby heart is there so is megaman its like all of the mvc2 characters then zeros lovely X pallete is trolling to the max XD

#18 Ultiɱℯciɑ

Ultiɱℯciɑ

Prinny Instructor

• Contributors
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:25 PM

Some I understand: Marrow is a no-factor character for many years now (and wasn't too popular to begin with), Cable is dead (actually he just got back and just kicked Cap America's ass, as usual) and Venom is very different from the older one and his status quo is changing right now at the comics (btw, he's currently Flash Thompson and he just kicked Cap America's ass too. Even Aunt May hit him) But I don't see a reason why Cyclops, Iceman, Psyloque, Rogue or Colossus are out. Okay, Colossus kinda of merged with Juggernaut and I don't have any idea what the hell is going on, but whatever. Some other new members are odd choices, like the raccoon. I actually like Dr Strange and was happy he was included, I still got to test him. On Capcom side I miss mostly MegaMan and Captain Commando. I enjoyed to play as Hayato too and it could have been nice if they added Batsu from TvC but I guess we can't have it all

#19 Chelnov

Chelnov

Know My Name And Fear It. I. Am. *********

• Administrators
  • 4,491 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:58 PM

omfg your right. and they leave megamans picture just there like that. he isnt dead or slain. so the fuck.

#20 Ultiɱℯciɑ

Ultiɱℯciɑ

Prinny Instructor

• Contributors
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:00 PM

I'm going to play a bit to see if I can check this stage, but I think he's listed as "slain" (I found out this stage by playing) EDIT: btw, as far I can tell the character endings that had a cameo in MvC3 which is now playable in UMvC3 (example: Ryu's ending had Iron First and Dante got Ghost Rider) got new endings. Others with cameos that are still cameos ( Trish's ending with Nightcrawler) the ending are the same. With the exception of Hulk (Nemesis is now a playable character but the ending is still the same) and Captain America (instead of the President, is Nick Fury, the ULTIMATES one)

#21 Black chaos

Black chaos

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:42 PM

megaman has 5 cameos in UMvC3 and 2 I believe in MvC3

#22 Ultiɱℯciɑ

Ultiɱℯciɑ

Prinny Instructor

• Contributors
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:59 PM

Who cares about cameos? I want the real deal. It's not cameos, it's more like teasing or trolling http://mugenfreefora...tyle_emoticons/default/sleep.png

#23 Black chaos

Black chaos

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:08 PM

I believe on that stage with the poster Megaman and one other character doesn't have anything on there picture, which could indicate he could possible be DLC if they do any.

#24 Ultiɱℯciɑ

Ultiɱℯciɑ

Prinny Instructor

• Contributors
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:09 PM

There is DLC: Jill and Shuma Gorath, the same as the regular MvC3 The only thing you get for having a copy of old plain MvC3 is being able to play as Galactus from the get-go

#25 Black chaos

Black chaos

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:12 PM

Jill and Shuma are DLC from MvC3 I don't count them as DLC characters for UMvC3