Varik (Earthbound Halloween hack)

EndercreeperMugen

The bounty hunter from Radiation's Halloween hack is coming to Mugen! I've been working on this guy for a while now, and he is just about ready! I just need to fix some collisions, finish the gethits, and do a few last bug tests.

Preview (Some of the images look miscolored for some reason):

ek5dIlI.gif

I expect to release him tomorrow or early November, seeing as I have finished all the sprites already. He uses four buttons and, despite having heavy armor, he is rather quick, just as art of him depicts. I had very little to work off of, since not much is said about Varik in the hack or by Radiation himself, so I just based him off what he can do in the hack (Mainly physical attacks along with some PSI). Oh yeah, he also has a bit of a gameplay gimmick that those of you who played the hack should know about.

He was meant to be released alongside Silly Spooo, another Halloween character that I released today. However, since Varik was not finished and Silly Spooo was, I decided to release them separately. A stage will be included with him; Twoson in Autumn (Seen in one image in the preview). It's a recolour of Drowin's  Twoson stage to match the palette of the Halloween hack. There are also two special modes (Shown in the last screenshot), but there is an alternate DEF file that disables them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...