Working on updating to v1.1 beta 1

GohanSSM2

Yup, looking to update all characters (30+) to the latest MUGEN 1.1 beta1. 8 updated so far.  Still making decisions about stuff yet but do have a kind of demo for now with Majin Buu from Super Butouden 3.  The original Super Butouden 3 and Hyper Dimension games had a 'free floating' flying system while the other games have been 'bi-level.

Anyway, this guy...

majinbuu.gif

In two versions, the first version is the bi-level fly version

The second version is the new 'free floating' fly version like in Super Butouden 3

http://www.gohanssm.com/buu3demo.html

The bi-level works as before.

The free floating version all you have to do is be in the air and use the 'z' key to start flying/floating.

I am thinking about doing the free floating versions with all characters but still not sure yet.

Works with MUGEN v1.0 and later but has been tested on v1.1 beta1 and works as well.

Any feedback appreciated and yeah, Majin Buu from sb3 is a bit basic play wise. And uses the SNES sprites so a little small.

Also, with MUGEN 1.0 and above, there is no longer a need for me to do the 'normal' and 'ai' defs anymore. These are for player vs. player but also have a form of AI for to play against and watch mode and such.

A bit of feedback (which version do you want it for?):

- QCF + MP produces no sound when it connects.

- I can't preform Rapid Punch and Rapid Kick.

- LP and MP have no cornerpush.

- The sounds are kinda grating.

- Buu twitches when moving up in the Free Flying mode.

- Tap HP repeatedly on the ground, and Buu dances!

I can see this coming together.

Cool thanks.

gonna redo the docs and change Punch 2 + Kick 2 to Light Punch + Light Kick

His air punch is actually a kick and the original didn't have an air punch, gonna work on that

Both Light Kick + Light Punch have no velocities on them for the 'rapid combo' stuff. Gonna make sure of that.

The rapid combo system takes a bit to get used to. You need a lot of power on the bar. The timing is within 5 game ticks. Definitely takes a bit of practice in Training Mode to get the timing down.  Have got it to over 100 before but takes practice.

That's right on the 'free floating' version where going up Buu has a graphic hitch in him. Gonna change the anims in the 50's to the ones in the 3's which should get rid of the hitch there (oops).

Probably a few others but thanks for the input Big Green. Still working on a lot of stuff but getting there. Got to Cell Genesis done, so 11 out of 30+ kinda done.

• 4 months later...

Been away for quite a while again.  Hired a new girl at work but she has 2,4, and 5 year olds so she tries to be flexible but doesn't usually work out.  As far as the WiPs, I was seeing 'going through the floor' and several other problems that seem to be from values in the game engine itself that can't be changed.  Would have to hack into the MUGEN 1.1 beta 1 executable (mugen.exe) and I just don't feel like doing it.  Makes me think about the old DOS MUGEN versions where things were kept 'hidden' in the game engine until the 04.14.2002 last DOS version.  But the 1.1 beta 1 version definitely has some values automated into the game engine again and I'm thinking "no work arounds" available.  I do know that the jump land state (52) has a default 'gamemakeanim' for ground spark anim 60 in the game engine.  I was able to kind of circumvent it in my second demo by shortening the time in the jump land state, but no way to remove the coding as it is part of the game engine itself.  Looks like v1.1 beta 1 MUGEN is a bust.  Oh well.  I don't have hardly any time to tinker any more anyway but maybe some day again.