Uncle Plas' BGM Loops

When you get so enthralled by adding in new music to Smash 4, you forget about looping stuff. Sorry :P

@Eclaire Farron
Nope, they're brand new requests; never looped these before!

Yer music

bgmloopstart = 812247
bgmloopend = 4486745

Doesn't loop. Where one might think it loops has a different beat to it.

Time for a little push, wouldn't you say?

Zangief Stage

bgmloopstart = 459286
bgmloopend = 2590908

@Sans
You requested this:

And I responded with this:

On 07/05/2016 at 0:32 PM, GarchompMatt said:

[...]this music could potentially loop in more than one place:

-Everything before the weird bitcrushed segment.

-The segment just before the weird bitcrushed segment up until the end.

-The entire thing.

I ask this because the music plays through a segment, then repeats that segment again before going all bitcrushed, then repeats the segment once more before fading out. Which one would you like?

@Zio
Yer music

bgmloopstart = 311688
bgmloopend = 2373571

Yer music

bgmloopstart = 1065983
bgmloopend = 10190367

Deceptive little bugger, this one; it plays roughly the same tune three times before actually looping, though the waveforms had me believe it was only two.

@Sans
Yer music

bgmloopstart = 132897
bgmloopend = 5219445

Not a fan of music with heavy bass, especially when it spikes.

BGM looping works in MUGEN by telling the engine which two points to loop between (A (intro) -> B (loop start) <-> C (loop end)). You know how video game music typically loops indefinitely? Same principle.

Requested music has to naturally loop instead of being one long piece of music, meaning I can't find loop points in a piece of music that doesn't actually loop, and I don't create custom loops (well, I sometimes do, but on my own accord and not via request).

As for your request, it doesn't loop. It plays the same melody a few times, but the instruments are different.

Maybe I could do it myself. I'll loop the most "heavy metal" part of it.

Looking at your BGM points, they seem a little confusing. One question I have is, how do you calculate Mugen's BGM start and end point from the actual song's timeline? (Let's say I want to loop 2:30 to 3:00 (Just picked random timeframes) )

1 hour ago, Montblanc said:

Looking at your BGM points, they seem a little confusing. One question I have is, how do you calculate Mugen's BGM start and end point from the actual song's timeline? (Let's say I want to loop 2:30 to 3:00 (Just picked random timeframes) )

MUGEN reads what's known as samples, which is a measurement of time that's dependant on the sample rate of the audio (all music featured in the OP is 44100 hz, which translates to 44100 samples per second); Audacity is capable of displaying samples, hence why I use it to loop music.