Should I start over?

Big Green

I'm considering starting all over with my MUGEN roster. I really don't have any rare characters, and those that I have were uploaded to either my MEGA or The MUGEN Archive. I feel that I've downloaded too many characters, filling up my roster too much.

I'm also going to get a new setup for testing and ripping characters for the MUGEN Database, by grabbing the basic Win, 1.0, and 1.1 versions of MUGEN. In order to start over, I also need a large 1.1 screenpack that is easy to add characters to (so that you won't screw up the look if you keep a slot empty or delete anything). I'm currently using EOF converted by OldGamer to 1.1.

Thoughts?

You know, if there's anything you want to keep, just copy the names, chars & stages from your old roster to your new one, that'll make it easier to transfer. Don't delete everything you have. But if you do get rid of stuff, just keep what you need for your new roster. 

ever thought of just copying and pasting every stage an character that you want on a notepad save it as a text file so whenever you want to start over your have it and also make a clean select file for your mugen so if you did mess anything up you have a back up of the original one

ripping characters for the MUGEN Database

Assuming you mean animations, those who do rip them actually use a separate 1.1 folder to their main one that's deliberately bare-bones and contains nothing but the default stuff, The Test Stage of Testiness and Invisichar.

I get what you mean when you want to start your roster afresh, though I've had problems in the past deciding which characters to keep and which to toss, so starting from a completely blank canvas actually works better in that regard.

Double check to make sure that the stuff is still available in the archives first.  If you got the disk space it might be best to start a fresh MUGEN and go from there leaving your current one as a backup just in case.  My original DBZ roster was really a mess so back when (around 2002) I started over again to get rid of a lot of junk I really didn't want.