How to replace character select character portraits

Johnstir

Question

Yeah, so I kinda downloaded Aphles Portraits, but I realized that I don't have the slightest clue as to how I'm supposed to put them in. I could probably use two for a KH2 Sora I have. (One for the select screen, another for the winquote)

I would appreciate someone's assistance in this task. Thank you.

15 answers to this question

open Fighter factory

click the folder icon 

find your character folder

then go to the sprite normal ports should be in 9000 , 0 (Group , Index)

PZKPdkF.png

to add add sprite click le silly white icon beneath that magnifier select the port you want to put make sure its png file or pcx format

group it to 9000, 0 while the old port make it 9000, 2 that should work

In case you need a more detailed explanation.

First off, you need Fighter Factory 3, that can be downloaded here: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/fighter-factory-3-0-1-final-137126.0.html

After it installed successfully, open the program.

thaflFz.png

1. Choose "project" tab and then select "open".

MCdKPN4.png

2. Browse through your Mugen folders and locate the desired character. Choose "open".

gmGnLbT.png

3. Hit the "sprites" tab (the button marked with red circle)

HKwNsZe.png pWuS78I.png

4. Now that we made it to the sprites section of the character, use the "find" option (magnifying glass icon). A form will appear on the very bottom of the program, type "9000,1" and hit "find".

Note: 9000,1 is common group and index number for a character select screen portrait. Victory portrait group and index number is 9000,2.

eKO5JE2.png

5. Now you can view his/her select screen portrait here.

RcGkHzi.png

6. Choose "load a new image for sprite from a file" option.

wthdqpP.png

7. Locate your .pcx image. When the program asks you to crop the image, choose "yes".

UgJuR9c.png

8. There you go, it's replaced now.

wVg9BU9.png

9. Click the "save sprites" option.

7AwR4pc.png

10. Profit.

And if I don't have Fighter Factory 3 or higher and am unable to download it simply because the laptop I'm using is blocking the download?

In case you need a more detailed explanation.

First off, you need Fighter Factory 3, that can be downloaded here: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/fighter-factory-3-0-1-final-137126.0.html

After it installed successfully, open the program.

Hidden Content

1. Choose "project" tab and then select "open".

Hidden Content

2. Browse through your Mugen folders and locate the desired character. Choose "open".

Hidden Content

3. Hit the "sprites" tab (the button marked with red circle)

Hidden Content

4. Now that we made it to the sprites section of the character, use the "find" option (magnifying glass icon). A form will appear on the very bottom of the program, type "9000,1" and hit "find".

Note: 9000,1 is common group and index number for a character select screen portrait. Victory portrait group and index number is 9000,2.

Hidden Content

5. Now you can view his/her select screen portrait here.

Hidden Content

6. Choose "load a new image for sprite from a file" option.

Hidden Content

7. Locate your .pcx image. When the program asks you to crop the image, choose "yes".

Hidden Content

8. There you go, it's replaced now.

Hidden Content

9. Click the "save sprites" option.

Hidden Content

10. Profit.

Also, was that Sanae_K that you used as an example? I have that same character.

It is Sanae_K

Unfortunately no, you have to use Fighter Factory to change character portraits.

Try downloading it with browser that arent chrome or firefox, they've been acting weird lately with blocking files and thinks it a virus while it is not.

Johnstir.... Did you REALLY have to quote him?? Your posting right below him.

I dunno.
Also,

It is Sanae_K

Unfortunately no, you have to use Fighter Factory to change character portraits.

Try downloading it with browser that arent chrome or firefox, they've been acting weird lately with blocking files and thinks it a virus while it is not.

I am on a laptop that has Parental controls preventing me from downloading Fighter Factory Anything. And yes, I do own my own laptop, but my mom is the only one in the house that knows how to reformat it (It went into "Virius Mode") and she needs a serious kick in the arse and told to get working.

Will it help if i try uploading it to mirror?

Phew, finally back here with my OWN laptop. Sorry if I kept everyone waiting, Kinda had to figure out why IE Kept opening Google Chrome, which-Due to my laptop being so f***ed up, crashes, then download Firefox.

Anyhow, It shouldn't matter too much Ryoucchi, I think I just need a safe place to download it from if anything.

Thanks Ryoucchi. For both the FF download and the extended, but more explainative-If that is even a word-Explanation.:goodmood:             And thank you Sima Shi for telling where the Character Portraits are.:bow:                                                                                                But I have one last question. Let's say I want to use a image for the portrait, but it's a .jpg or .png instead of a .pcx, would it still work? (Wasn't kidding about changing the character select portrait and Winquote Portrait for the only good KH2 Sora I have.)

EDIT: Also, apologies for everything being marked in Spoilers, I didn't know what I was doing until I posted, and I don't exactly know how to get rid of them quite yet.

Also, I have 32bit Windows 7...Guess I should've mentioned that sooner...