Taiga Aisaka (updated 2-7-16)

Kohaku

Was gonna post this at Guild, but it was loading too slow for me (and as of typing this, gave me a "500" error). Anyway:

-Missing a hitbox on a frame of Sled Slam's recovery.
IjKrPrK.png

-EX Sled Slam gives back meter.

-The Slideback on Taiga during "T&D Connection" seems off. It's like Ryuuji's trying to pull Taiga away from her opponent, even though that doesn't happen in source (they both stay still on their position during the animation).Nevermind that.

From the Readme (minor nitpicks):

-"This is Senna from Toradora/Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax." instead of "This is Taiga from Toradora/Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax."

-"[Light Attack] - Z" instead of "[Light Attack] - X"

-Demonic Chao's command is wrong.

It's awesome seeing veteran creators join this site, Welcome to MFFA Kohaku. Here's a video where I play as Taiga, I think she's great. Her helpers give her a good advantage and she's a fun char and one of my new favorites to play as. I couldn't really do any air combos but she's a wonderfully done high res char.

Thanks for taking the time for making the video. My only real "gripe" about it was that you didn't utilize her Awakening mode since she has a passive ability called "Overlimit" which essentially makes her AP gauge a second power bar while in Awakening (though it's my fault for not explaining it in the read me, I'll be sure to add it in an update). 

I developed Taiga to be AP (and by extension Awakening) reliant to reflect her resource dependant playstyle in the source game. So while you can certainly play Taiga like a normal character, you'll be effectively handicapping yourself.

Taiga has been updated.

Taiga v1.1
- Adjusted hit boxes of Curbstomp Symphony
- You will no longer need to connect with Eye of the Tiger to gain the inital AP
- Tiger Raid damage increased
- Changed Tiger Raid's SP cancel from the third hit to any hit during the attack
- Sled Crasher damage increased
- Fixed Sled Crasher from gaining power
- Adjusted collision boxes of Sled Slam
- Basic attack damage increased
- Fixed several typos in the read me

I also added a more detail explanation regarding her Overlimit ability in the read me.

• 1 month later...

hey so sorry I haven't been able to do that voice thing yet... I am starting tech school soon and have been working my last 2 weeks at my job so been pretty busy. I will probably have some free time soon though.

• 3 months later...

Taiga has been updated.

Taiga v1.4
- Adjusted frame time of animations and enemy positioning of Curbstomp Symphony for better effect
- Curbstomp Symphony damage decreased
- Curbstomp Symphony start up increased
- Eye of the Tiger has the following changes:
   - Will now reduce the AP Cost of EX Drive attacks while in Awakening by 33%
   - Increase the AP gained from using EX Drive attacks outside of Awakening by 50%
   - Duration has been decreased from 15 to 10 seconds
- Opponent will no longer be able to air recover from the last hit of unawakened Demonic Chaos
- Ryuji will no longer drag knocked down opponents when attacking
- Ryuji run speed while attacking increased
- Adjusted transparency effect when summoning Ryuji
- Implemented Light and Medium versions of Demon Thrust
- Opponent will now fall faster when hit by the last attack of Demon Thrust
- Adjusted hit boxes of Demon Thrust
- Second hit of Tiger Raid will launch slightly higher
- Running forward jump distance increased
- Added special intro with Shana