EB Gohan BETA

FastFlash

Since I probably won't be able to work on this char much in the following weeks, I decided to release a BETA and try to get some feedback on what I have now:

Screenies:

JjBc96Z.png
5uSfFGL.png
uLlPtz6.png
qXyB02M.png

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/download/rcm0kd5067d7c57/gohan.zip

X and Y are light and strong punch, respectively
A and B is the same but for kicks
Z is heavy attack and C is used for dodge
Press Z after you dodge an attack to counter
Start is used for taunting, which gives you an attack boost for about 5 seconds
X-Y-Z/A-B-Z chains

Movelist:

D,DF,F, x - Fast Punch (press X or A to follow up with a flurry of punches or kicks, respectively)
F,D,DF,y - Shoryuken
F,F,a - Head Charge

D,DF,F,D,DF,F, x - Masenko (costs 1 power bar)
D,DB,B,D,DB,B, x - Air Masenko (costs 1 power bar) (AIR ONLY!)

The Masenko/Air Masenko effects are placeholders that I got from Vegeta Z2, so credit to Team Z2 for them
Also took some coding from Freeza Z2's elbow move for the Head Charge
TESTED ONLY ON MUGEN 1.1! PLEASE TELL ME IF IT DOESN'T WORK ON OTHER VERSIONS!

quick question? is it 1.1 because when i uploaded it in mugen 1.0 it crashed & said it couldnt load the Sff , if u adressed this that it was 1.1 in a WIP topic , than disregard the question

quick question? is it 1.1 because when i uploaded it in mugen 1.0 it crashed & said it couldnt load the Sff , if u adressed this that it was 1.1 in a WIP topic , than disregard the question

Re-download it, I keep forgetting to not save the sff as mugen 1.1 version =P

-Missing a hitbox from his "jump start" frame.

b0PRtst.png

-Slide Kick is an infinite (Needs crazy-ass timing, but I got up to 8 hits).

OaxCRfS.png

-This could have been better as a beam/projectile attack instead of "pushing the air".

fxrxSJB.png

-For a Beta, he feels like an alpha. No, I'm not saying that to insult you, I'm saying that because as of now, he feels... empty (Default sounds from KFM, default hitsounds, and the fact that his throw "morphs" him into KFM at one point).

HowRqSx.png

I thought he was 11 iirc? So technically he was still a kid. That is why they made him sound more like a kid in Dbz Kai. It's never really made sense to me though so yeah... Also the manga states he was 9 when he defeated cell

I thought he was 11 iirc? So technically he was still a kid. That is why they made him sound more like a kid in Dbz Kai. It's never really made sense to me though so yeah... Also the manga states he was 9 when he defeated cell

The Manga and the anime have different timelines due to filler. Gohan was four when the series started, 5 when vegeta arrived, 5 1/2 on namek, 7 when trunks arrives, he was supposed to be 10 when he beat cell but the time chamber made him 11, 18 when fought buu,and beerus due to inconsistences he is 20 in botg, 22 in revival of F if you go by movie canon, 28 the end of z, 32 in GT (East) 35 (West Dub). 36 at the end of GT. Nerd Moments all around:awesome

On another note. Why does everyone beat on hugo in these wip and release threads lol

Spoilered in case off-topic.

It's a feat of Training where you can choose either the large enemy (Hugo), Medium sized (Tenshi), small size (Prinny), or the standard KFM. Since Large is the best way to use, then Hugo's the man.

For what its worth I should mention this is not KID gohan this is TEEN GOHAN.

you could argue its older kid gohan, would still make him 13 at the time of cell saga. sorry nerd moment.

LOL! Yea, when I see this thread title, I though it was Gohan from early of DBZ/Saiyan/Frieza saga version of him. I was like "what da??? this is Teen Gohan!!!" XD

-Missing a hitbox from his "jump start" frame.

b0PRtst.png

-Slide Kick is an infinite (Needs crazy-ass timing, but I got up to 8 hits).

OaxCRfS.png

-This could have been better as a beam/projectile attack instead of "pushing the air".

fxrxSJB.png

-For a Beta, he feels like an alpha. No, I'm not saying that to insult you, I'm saying that because as of now, he feels... empty (Default sounds from KFM, default hitsounds, and the fact that his throw "morphs" him into KFM at one point).

HowRqSx.png

-Will fix

-Will fix

-I'm probably going to replace that move

-Like I said, I won't be able to work on him much for the next few weeks, so I pretty much just released what I had =P

Thanks for the feedback!

1. Your spritework is beautiful and leagues above what most people here can do. you are definitely a top tier spriter.

Your work gives me a KOF13 or SF4 feeling. Simply Epic and the animation is smooth.

2. The animation flows nicely. If this is just a draft or incomplete character, I fear what awesomeness you can produce with the moveset and skill FX. geezus

3. People don't want you to be confident but I beg to differ. You are a brilliant spriter and probably a good coder. I'd love to see more for this.

4. You have a new fan. Thnx for sharing.

Advice:

DBZ chars are infamous for being fast paced and flashy and are produced in bundles so there are various examples out there. Pick the template that makes you comfortable. I recommend MVC because I'm bias. hahaha.With spriting like yours I recommend seeking personal help with beta testing for breaks and etc with a buddy before releasing anything. Most people here are nowhere near as talented in spriting but thrive on mistakes like missing boxes and inconsistencies which I consider ignorant because this is incomplete, as you clearly noted. Anywho, Good Luck fellow artist. Hope to see more from you. adios.  

• 3 weeks later...