(1.0+) 2.5D Ridley (Metroid) released (last update: 04.12.16)

Ridley "MOTHERF_____"

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/basfxk78ybqdf5q/RidleyGeoform187.rar?dl=0
Video preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo_MBhBGGF4[/youtube
Video preview 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh_TQGPhQX4
Welp, after a week or two of some work, i made this thing. This is a 4-buttoned character, so, C and Z are not used anyhow. Features following things:

• Smooth and detailed animations with only one or two exceptions.
  • 6 palettes, 16 win quotes, 3 victory animations, 7 specials, 4 hypers and flight mode.
  • Very agressive AI that will devour you within seconds unless you are using cheap character, you are really good or you learn how to exploit it.
  • Frozen, burned and Pharaoh Curse-d animations.

-The sprites are uncropped. If you had cropped your sprites, the file size would be a lot smaller.

-No damage dampner.

-I cropped them as much as i could. The problem is that there is one or two pixels (which use one of the colors that are not transparent on the sprites and usually use white color and that one is frequently used) in bottom right corner that prevent crop function from removing that empty space, so, i have to manually remove it, but this is very annoying and frustrating when there are 4000+ of them.

-I don't know how to do this thing. What is it for anyway?

To make sure that the damage output from a combo doesn't end up like this:

HAjCEyy.png

(Well I mean unless your character has a 100% or something)

...still not exactly sure what it means...but how exactly did you pull off 107 hits anyway? Opponent should automatically get up after landing after 1 re-launch and opponent is invincible while doing so (well, at least in 1.1 - never really paid attention in 1.0), which means combo should be interrupted. Unless this amount of hits was dealt through hypers.

-I don't know how to do this thing. What is it for anyway?

for the combo/multi hit type characters the damage should be lower after a skill after skill similar to songfu's senna pulls alot of combo has dmg limit the longer combo you make similar to SBX characters the more hits doing the next attack is weakened or lower dmg on the skill you used and its very noticeable in every fighting games until now they have dmg limit and juggle limits too

-I cropped them as much as i could. The problem is that there is one or two pixels (which use one of the colors that are not transparent on the sprites and usually use white color and that one is frequently used) in bottom right corner that prevent crop function from removing that empty space, so, i have to manually remove it, but this is very annoying and frustrating when there are 4000+ of them.

Do you use Gimp?

...still not exactly sure what it means...but how exactly did you pull off 107 hits anyway? Opponent should automatically get up after landing after 1 re-launch and opponent is invincible while doing so (well, at least in 1.1 - never really paid attention in 1.0), which means combo should be interrupted. Unless this amount of hits was dealt through hypers.

It was dealt through hypers.

for the combo/multi hit type characters the damage should be lower after a skill after skill similar to songfu's senna pulls alot of combo has dmg limit the longer combo you make similar to SBX characters the more hits doing the next attack is weakened or lower dmg on the skill you used and its very noticeable in every fighting games until now they have dmg limit and juggle limits too

Thanks for explaining. Now just need to figure out how its done in the coding.

Do you use Gimp?

No. Only what already is in Fighter Factory.

It was dealt through hypers.

That makes sense if its true.

Thanks for explaining. Now just need to figure out how its done in the coding.

Generally fairly simple, in your -2 or -3 states, you apply an attackmulset controller to one of your fvars, which starts at 1.0 and decreases with each hit (which can be handled either in the -2/-3 states or in each attacking state) and then reset that value back to 1.0 once the opponent recovers or otherwise returns to a non-hit state.

Generally fairly simple, in your -2 or -3 states, you apply an attackmulset controller to one of your fvars, which starts at 1.0 and decreases with each hit (which can be handled either in the -2/-3 states or in each attacking state) and then reset that value back to 1.0 once the opponent recovers or otherwise returns to a non-hit state.

Thanks for help. Will be added in the next update. But im not sure if it will work properly in fights against 2 characters when only one of them was hit...but Ridley dies in those quickly anyway.

Damage dampeners are widely used and still function properly in simuls.

There are a few different ways to implement a damage dampener, most notably the way Rice specified, though you may run into complications when using AttackMulSet elsewhere in the character. Another way is to use a variable that decreases with each successful hit and resets back to 1 when the opponent recovers; damage is multiplied by said variable, thus reducing it through consecutive hits (damage = ceil(15*fvar(12)), 0).

Damage dampeners are widely used and still function properly in simuls.

There are a few different ways to implement a damage dampener, most notably the way Rice specified, though you may run into complications when using AttackMulSet elsewhere in the character. Another way is to use a variable that decreases with each successful hit and resets back to 1 when the opponent recovers; damage is multiplied by said variable, thus reducing it through consecutive hits (damage = ceil(15*fvar(12)), 0).

Very well then. Will keep it in mind.

Elecbyte's tools? (sffextract-sprmaker(2)-sffextract-sprmaker(2)?)

No. Crop function in Fighter Factory.

Try using the erase tool to erase that pixel in the bottom right corner and cropping it again.

This is what i was doing for first 300 sprites and it worked. Took me about a whole hour. And i have around 3000-4000 more to crop. Would be far easier if i could change commands like "Save" and "Open from next sprite" to ">" and "?" instead of Ctrl+S and Ctrl+Shift+Left, but nope. Its not possible.

• 1 year later...

It's been a while, huh? Anyway, this update has been...collecting dust for a lack of a better term. I haven't worked on it for months. Today I decided to fix whatever problem I can find in it and release it. This isn't the final version, but it's not a beta now. I guess this is a full version? I don't know how to call it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/basfxk78ybqdf5q/RidleyGeoform187.rar?dl=0

What's new?

-Added damage dampener

-Added 1 new special (QCF, LK/SK)

-Added 1 new hyper (LV5, QBC, QFC, SP+SK)

-Added 1 new aerial throw and fixed the old one

-Reduced hitsparks' size to half of their original size

-Replaced frozen sprite
-Minor bug fixes
-Slightly modified AI

-Fixed few things in the readme
-Fixed his name (can't really call this balanced and it's Geoform 187, not 128)

Unfortunately, I might be unable to update this for a while unless it's something minor. Don't have much free time for now.