SINISTAR (William's Greatest Hits)

DJ HANNIBALROYCE

SpbdXNA.png
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiIlJNIg13I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu7k12jIK6E
BEWARE I LIVE...
YES! I'm back...and ready to get into some awesome creations. This one is now my all time favorite. I promise you guys I'll finish this. as well as Kirby, Spawn & Blue Ranger. Hope you enjoy...He will be a 6-button character and have 4 hypers & 4 supers.

Hope you guys enjoy!

UPDATES:
adding all of William's Greatest Hits games...(Defender 2, Robotron & Joust)
added one super move for Defender plane helper
all required sprites done.
defeated states done.

FUTURE STUFF:
Palettes.
Win Quotes. Intros & taunt.
crouching & air attacks.
counter move.
parry system.
2 more supers.
2 more hypers.

*note*
Joust will be hyper.
Robotron will be hyper and added in Sinistar's guard states.

Meh, not worth it...

If you do not like, do not tell and keep the comments for yourself.

Anyone who shits on a release without providing some kind of constructive criticism as to why you feel that way is subject to an infraction point. Don't do this. That includes you, TMC55 (I know you're only trying to help but to be frank, you're only making the situation worse).

even if you have reason ricepigeon, you should use a more appropriate tone and not use vulgar words, and remember "a moderator maintains a cordial and pleasant environment for all its users."

I hope you do not take it wrong.

Sorry I didn't mean to be rude and i totally forgot to explain why i didn't like it. I can't like every creation everyone makes all the time.

Anyway here's my feedback/criticism or whatever....

On my first impression it seems like the character isn't doing anything. Metroid by n64mario did more and that was just a single animation. I would advise to be more creative and add more activity then just standing there laughing.

EDIT:

@TMC55, i respect your opinion about my work.

did u even watch the video ax? he has 3 regular attacks, one super that evolves him hopping on opponent and 2 hypers. u r entitled to ur own opinion...but to say a single animation does more than my character ATM is just mean. but i will try to be more "creative" since im lacking that. smh. 

as far as creativity I think you have more of it than anyone, while I may not agree with everything you do for chars saying it lacks creativity is as far from true as it gets lol.

On the one hand, this really plays down what made Sinistar so awesome back in the day.  He was a terrifying, nearly-unstoppable planet-sized menace that utterly dwarfed your tiny ship and could kill you in a single hit while it took multiple hits (with a special weapon with limited ammo, no less) to take him down.  (To give some perspective: most games at the time didn't have bosses at all, and the ones that did had bosses that died in a single hit)

Reduced to human size (and given, from what I can tell, normal character mechanics - i.e., he flinches, can be knocked down, thrown, etc., as opposed to Apocalypse-like boss mechanics), he's not anywhere near as menacing. Maybe he should be a bit larger and have some form of super armor, to really recreate that "oh, crap, HERE IT COMES" feel.  (Also, it seems a little odd that his death scream is used for his victory pose, but that's really nitpicking)

On the other hand... WOO, SINISTAR!  I love the sheer variety of attacks, and that he has eating his opponent as a super attack.  (For those who never played the original game, that was his only attack)

So, all in all, despite the nitpicks, I'm seriously looking forward to this.

Reduced to human size (and given, from what I can tell, normal character mechanics - i.e., he flinches, can be knocked down, thrown, etc., as opposed to Apocalypse-like boss mechanics), he's not anywhere near as menacing. Maybe he should be a bit larger and have some form of super armor, to really recreate that "oh, crap, HERE IT COMES" feel.  (Also, it seems a little odd that his death scream is used for his victory pose, but that's really nitpicking)

i totally agree with the size issue. i wanted him to be a character that is combo heavy...and him being huge doesnt really work well....so what ill do is make  him 4x bigger when you choose the 11th palette (like duck hunt dog's 11th palette where he mimics Clifford) and will also double his defense. as far as the death scream when knocked out, he does the exact same scream when he dies...i see the awkwardness in that so i reversed the scream upon death. u gotta really listen closely..lol.

Laharl is a great example of honest criticism. We butt heads but at least he has valid explanations .

this is proof that he doesnt just stand there and laugh. There's also video proof of this...but i guess u have to watch it to find out.

1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

It's still lacking then, he probably needs more than what he has right now if he is going to be as good as Metroid, if it's possible to add more. Also he's 1 dimensional so he needs to have a 3/4 view turn or something, it's just the same sprite laughing. Maybe you could try spriting his back side or making him rotate a little. It needs a bit more.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/170/1/4/Megaman_retro_3D_by_cezkid.gif

A lot more could be done. I'm not feeling this at all. I rather play Omegatomhanks. :S

This is too alpha, go back and do more!

i totally agree with the size issue. i wanted him to be a character that is combo heavy...and him being huge doesnt really work well....so what ill do is make  him 4x bigger when you choose the 11th palette (like duck hunt dog's 11th palette where he mimics Clifford) and will also double his defense. as far as the death scream when knocked out, he does the exact same scream when he dies...i see the awkwardness in that so i reversed the scream upon death. u gotta really listen closely..lol.

That sounds great.  Still looking forward to this.

If you've played Smash TV (and you probably have), you'd know what I'd suggest for projectiles.

Um... those little star-shaped shots that Scarface's second form shoots?

... if that's not your suggestion, it's still an interesting suggestion.  (Scarface reminds me a lot of Sinistar)

That sounds great.  Still looking forward to this.

Um... those little star-shaped shots that Scarface's second form shoots?

... if that's not your suggestion, it's still an interesting suggestion.  (Scarface reminds me a lot of Sinistar)

Close, I was actually thinking of the many streams of projectiles ranging from flam to rockets to lasers from the eyes and anything deadly....