A crashing issue, and a common.cns thing.

Gaulbetti

Question

Playing really old versions of Winmugen (I like to play compilations sometimes...) causes this computer (Toshiba Satellite C655 with Windows 7) to crash, like BSOD and everything. The computer boots back normally, but playing them for a little bit causes the computer to BSOD. Is that a error with the computer itself? I haven't played older compilations since the issue began, and I hope that I won't have to stop doing it, too.

Also, a "lighter" question: With a certain lifebar, which comes with a common.cns file, it lets characters smash craters in the ground during high impact hypers. I didn't notice any other changes with Mugen, so I think that was the only real change..I assume to change the way the crater looks is a fight.fx thing, which I never figured out how to do... I tried to read the new .cns to figure out the code that lets you smash craters, but I couldn't make heads or tails of anything in there. The lifebar/new .cns file I'm talking about is in this pack: http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/19375-mugen-liferbars-package/ and labeled as "lifebars kof memorial edit". I wanted to know what exactly I should copy from it so I can use the heavy smash code for my Mugen too, because it is awesome, and how to change the crater effect, what height triggers them, and the duration of the crater, because it stays far too long as is.

Thanks in advance...

4 answers to this question

You should right click on the program, click properties and there's a tab called Compatibility and you can choose a different operating system like Windows 2000, XP, etc to run it in. It helps me and my Winmugen stopped freeing when I did that, it should help you Spri.

Oh, if you have Fighter Factory 3 go to file and click Save As, you can save as and save all those characters in 1.0 format, so you can put them in that roster also.

Sometimes some coding is really bad so it would cause the game to crash.

as for the "crater" effect, its coded in the common1.cns as either a helper or a explod.

if you want to add it to your own character your better off just coding it in them. Its coded in this state.

;---------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Downed get-hit (hit ground from fall)
[Statedef 5100]
type    = L
movetype= H
physics = N

And this is the code under that

[State 5100, 8]
type = Explod
trigger1 = Time = 1
anim = F(60 + (sysvar(1) > Const720p(20)) + (sysvar(1) > Const720p(56)))
pos = 0, 0
sprpriority = ifelse (sysvar(1) <= Const720p(56), -10, 10)

That is the effect for the ground waves, so once a character falls from anything kind of velocity greater than 15 it will automatically appear.

as for making it yourself, if your coding it in a single character, just put a explod where p2 is.

The old Winmugen games cause the entire computer to crash, though.

Also, thanks for the crater help, but it's in the common1.cns, because everyone has it. So, that code is somewhere in the .cns?

as i said. look for

;---------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Downed get-hit (hit ground from fall)
[Statedef 5100]
type    = L
movetype= H
physics = N

this state is in the common1.cns and this is the state that tells people how to behave when they hit the ground that includes earth shattering hits.