Ranmaru by Flam released (08/01/2015)

Kazagami

I hope he is less cheap than the other one, who spammed instadeath. I can't remember the author of the other one.

;RANMARU (battlefield [day & sunset])
;    cpu1,     ;CPU Ranmaru by Nobun
;    noAI1,     ;Ranmaru by Nobun
Ranmaru1, stages/NIN_RANMARUBG.def, music=sound/NM_-_Amphichrome_(Ranmaru).mp3    ;Ranmaru by Nobun, (TUW)
    ;stages/NIN_RANMARU'BG.def    ;day

Nobun?

Ranmaru is a young man who was a protegee of the Oda clan. He was a loyal warrior and served as a retainer for Nobunaga during the Sengoku Jidai.

He was very young and this is why they crank his bishonen style up to eleven. He died alongside Nobunaga, so this is why he is generally his subboss on games Nobunaga is featured.

He is designed the same way as Amakusa, who is based on the historical Amakusa, a japanese born man who adopted Catholicism and became a sort of messiah in certain regions of japan at a very young age. He died during a hostile takeover of his village, as he was responsible for starting farmer revolts against the emperor for better treatment of the working class.

To those connecting the dots, Ambrosia, the demon that takes over him in the Samurai Shodown series is hinted at being the Catholic God, and Amakusa's possession and brainwashing powers are a deturpation of his missionary work, saying his faith was actually a brainwashing demon.

Go figure.

To those connecting the dots, Ambrosia, the demon that takes over him in the Samurai Shodown series is hinted at being the Catholic God, and Amakusa's possession and brainwashing powers are a deturpation of his missionary work, saying his faith was actually a brainwashing demon.

Go figure.

The fact that Goenitz, designed after a Christian priest, is an important villian in the Orochi saga of KOF doesn't really help either.

Seriously, why did SNK hated christianity so damn much?

The fact that Goenitz, designed after a Christian priest, is an important villian in the Orochi saga of KOF doesn't really help either.

Seriously, why did SNK hated christianity so damn much?

Damn straight. Contrary to other series who just either a pro/counter religion standpoint all around or deals with all religions with a similar curiosity, SNK has a thing for using the Catholic God (Might I point out, the Catholic god specifically, not the Hebrew one) as a brainwashing demon.

But cultural differences, I can't say much of anything about how they view it as even among japaneses their own history is up for debate.