What do you guys think about my M.U.G.E.N Site?

Dhillon521

Well, I don't usually do this, but since I make websites for a living, I've got some feedback for you:

• The logo neither looks good nor belongs in the background. Background elements should not draw you to the background away from the content that matters. Consider a solid color or subtle gradient if you must.
  • If you're going to trademark the brand, then it's a good idea to use the proper "spelling" : M.U.G.E.N
  • Grey text on a transparent black background makes the text hard to read, despite the size.
  • The main navigation, which actually looks nice, doesn't fit content or vice versa.
  • If you're going to make a direct quote (eg. what-is-mugen.html), you should use a <blockquote> tag instead.
  • On /news-archive, the blue "# Comments" link is extremely hard to read due to the transparent black background. It's more apparent in the smaller instance on the same page, near the bottom. The same goes for the header "WEBSITE OPENED!"
  • On the fighters page, the brick wall background image is completely out of place. You need to establish a consistent theme throughout the site. The "Fighters" page looks like a different site in and of itself. The layout of the text, header for each character, image all needs to be adjusted to look neater. It's very messy currently.
  • The "Stages" section probably looks the best of everything and I'd follow suit for the rest of the site as you did here. Seriously consider coming up with a new logo idea.
  • Just a word of warning, on the "Contact" section, you have your email directly listed there. Search engines will index this content and bots can pull that information leading to successful attempts at spamming you. A form with a CAPTCHA (or some other method such as honeypot) would be safer for you. Granted people could still spam you, but less directly. There's only so much one can do to prevent those things of course.

Overall, it needs a lot of work, but it's better than some other sites I've seen that have been done professionally at one point or another. Keep at it and I'm sure you'll get a nice looking site.

Nice sig, and your new site looks darker and you added a new logo, pretty cool. I ment to tell you that I love your stages, like the Windows ones and that Mewtwo stage is nostalgic, I still have an old N64 actually.

So do I.

I also like the new look, other than the Genesis style MUGEN logo looking a little blurry.

So do I.

I also like the new look, other than the Genesis style MUGEN logo looking a little blurry.

The blurryness is a special effect.

Nice sig, and your new site looks darker and you added a new logo, pretty cool. I ment to tell you that I love your stages, like the Windows ones and that Mewtwo stage is nostalgic, I still have an old N64 actually.

Thanks for all the kind feedback! I also still have a N64.