Goho Li + Forest Dojo (Day) released

Trinitronity

Okay, I'll start with Goho Li:

*The pixelated Focus Attack exists as a "low-hitting" version of the Focus Attack. It's extra-useful against crouching opponents and very small opponents.

*Regarding the projectile hitting sound, I wasn't 100% sure if it was a hit or just the projectile bursting away, hence why you hear both the hitsound and the guardsound when guarding. But yeah, I guess it's actually more a hit sound than the projectile bursting away...also, the red collision during the attack frame of Energy Spark probably has a reason there, because Rober-Pasta had that as well, and Rober-Pasta was started by D The Red Cloak (but I still did a lot of work in his Rober, since his Rober was very alpha). I also buffed the damage now.

*Fixed both the crouching strong kick and the crouching strong punch.

*Regarding the Focus Attack sending someone into an invalid state, I think I know why that happens:

p2stateno = ifelse(animexist(50103),1049,1039)

He goes straight to 1049, even if the anim 50103 doesn't exist. That should NOT happen, though, because he was supossed to go to 1039, if he doesn't have anim 50103. And frankly, I have no idea, why MUGEN ignores that...

*Fixed. I think I also fixed the landing lag lack now (I don't know yet because I never could perform multiple Spinning Tornados in fast sucession).

*Fixed the sound problem. The lack of blue collisions is intentional, though. After all, it is an EX attack that takes away power, so it needs an advantage that is more than just more hits and damage.

*Regarding Spinning Vacuum, if you're refering to the vacuum effect, I currently have no intention of making it stronger, unless enough people will ask for that.

Regarding Rober Pasta, I will only go to the unique problems, since they are unique to Rober (if Rober has a something that Goho Li has, then the thing I said about Goho li also applies to Rober Pasta).

1. Fixed both.

4. I made his EX version like that on purpose. However, I now increased his landing lag.

5. Fixed the block damage and sound issues with them (that also fixed the sound problem with Break Upper, since Break Upper uses the same landing state like EX Spinning Wave Kick). The Debug Flood needs more investigation, though.

7. Everything fixed there.

8. Okay, I now tried to fix as many problems as possible by a combination of hitbox changing, hitvels, timings (the hitbox is now only for 2 ticks, so opponents wont get hit too late by the starting kick) and added the transformation sounds. There still may be problems, especially with too small opponents (because who the hell would make a character extra small anyway?).

9. That's sadly the only avaible image, and the attack wont work without the image either (the player HAS to know that the opponent's spine is broken). However, envshake is added now.

Will upload both character updates as soon as the Focus Attack problem is fixed. Why does p2stateno ignores the ifelse brackets?

*Regarding the Focus Attack sending someone into an invalid state, I think I know why that happens:

p2stateno = ifelse(animexist(50103),1049,1039)

He goes straight to 1049, even if the anim 50103 doesn't exist. That should NOT happen, though, because he was supossed to go to 1039, if he doesn't have anim 50103. And frankly, I have no idea, why MUGEN ignores that...

Your code is targeting the wrong person. Currently, it assumes that the PLAYER has the existing animation, not the enemy, and so the enemy will always be forced into an animation that they never have.

Simply change every instance of this:

ifelse(animexist(50103),1049,1039)

to this:

ifelse(enemynear,animexist(50103),1049,1039)

You should also do this for Goho Li.

*Regarding Spinning Vacuum, if you're refering to the vacuum effect, I currently have no intention of making it stronger, unless enough people will ask for that.

It's the landing after the spin I'm talking about. It makes the move quicker to use again afterwards.

*Fixed the sound problem. The lack of blue collisions is intentional, though. After all, it is an EX attack that takes away power, so it needs an advantage that is more than just more hits and damage.

You should have blue collisions while she's falling from the attack anyway, as it would look weird if a character can't attack a falling opponent because of no collisions.

9. That's sadly the only avaible image, and the attack wont work without the image either (the player HAS to know that the opponent's spine is broken). However, envshake is added now.

While the move does say "Spine Break Upper", it doesn't have to break the spine: at higher life, the opponent would recover from that as if nothing had happened, while the spine-breaking picture could be reserved as a hyper finish on opponents with lower life.

1. Welp, and I thought p2stateno would handle the targeting on his own. But yeah, adding enemynear really fixed the issue, so thanks, my friend. :)

2. Ah, okay. I fixed that now.

3. Okay, I added collision to the upper half of her body (leaving her feet with no blue collisions so the opponent has to aim high in order to hit)

9. Hmm...fair enough. Did it like that then.

So yeah, Goho Li and Rober Pasta updates will be uploaded soon, so please stay tuned.

EDIT: Updates released. Also, before I will do major work on Houbot, I will look forward to work on the screenpack first, since that's also needed for the first demo (it will include Goho Li, Rober Pasta, Bunny Tracy, Cliff Li*, Houbot and Chonfu Moon* + compatibilty with the first DLC character Daphne by DuckSS).

*I'll work on them after Houbot.

Nice to know. If you're finished with the sprites and I'm finished with Houbot, I'll be more than glad to pick the coding part of Cliff.

Also, I have already set up a more simple version of the upcoming versus screen. I also want to make an "intro" in the versus screen, and I really hope I manage to do that (because I already got half of the needed sprites). But yeah, here is how it currently looks like:

PAXeQob.png

Special effects and proper portraits come later (and it's obvious here that the borders were not made for the default 9000;1, but that's the least of my problems, since the 9000;1 portraits are already placeholders to begin with). Also, if this is ever getting ported to the open-source MUGEN clone IKEMEN, then I can replace the black in the left and right edges with a preview of the stage (like in the Mortal Kombat fullgame MKPO for IKEMEN, but without the Mortal Kombat-ness, obviously).

• 8 months later...

After a longcat time, Goho Li is updated again!

The update? Well, thanks to the hard work of Rina-chan (yes, the one who voiced Marie in Skullgirls), Goho Li has got not just one voice, but a whooping 3.

And the best: They are all seperate SND files, so if you don't like one voice set, you can simply change the voice set reference on her DEF file.

I mainly did this for 2 reasons:

1. I like Guilty Gear, and Guilty Gear X2 also gave every character multiple voice sets.

2. It's also a bit of a test as to which voice set is more prefered, or which voice from which set is better than the other, and I would like to have the opinion of a broad audience regarding that.

So yeah, just download her at my OneDrive, in the Street Fighter 4 NES Remake folder. That link will thankfully never change due to OneDrive's nature of file uploading.