Goho Li + Forest Dojo (Day) released

Trinitronity

sfDmpOq.png

Download link for all my MUGEN stuff: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=1F69D2F5C571AE5D!106&authkey=!ANPoAeCX9apdc8s&ithint=folder%2c

Picture shows both Goho Li and her home stage, Forest Dojo (Day version).

It was only a matter of time she would be released to the public. After all, she is the main herione of both the original NES Street Fighter 4 and this remake.

Known issues:

*she has no voice

*dashing works, but run doesn't

*her big portrait is really temporary

This character is 4 buttons and includes a readme, 7 pallettes and a ColorSeperation.act, so you can create your own pallettes.

Be sure to follow this thread for updates.

As to who's next, it's this guy:

3WPjcPo.png

Really fitting with Street Fighter V in the works and stuff.

Have fun! ;)

Took it for a quick spin. Heres some feedback. Talk to m if ya need more help or something i suppose.

-Her stance animation is a bit too fast imo
-I feel there should be a PosAdd in her strong punch considering how she moves in it
-Strong kick whiffs up close
-The alignment on her grab still neds some work.
-Theres no clsns at the end of animation 230. Was this intended?
-Your blue Clsns need a lot of work still as some of them are messy.
-The red Clsns in her attacks need some work as well.
-The hitbox around her projectile is way too big

-Slowed down now every frame by one tick each, should be good now

-doesn't really look like an attack where she moves...

-hopefully fixed now by extending the hurtbox in one frame (because I cannot recreate the whiffing)

-updated alignment

-whoops, nope, I just missed it, but now I fixed it and updated some timings as well (because of light kick being light and stuff)

-Care to elaborate regarding the hitboxes, please? I'm still a noob when it comes to hitboxing...

-Which projectile? The regular one, the EX one, or the Super one?

I still say you should give it a PosAdd of 5 to Animelem 4 of her standing strong punch. I also noticed that p2's alignment in her grab is still off. Animelem 4 in her Grab Attempt shouldn't be 10 since it makes the animation look a bit too slow. I think 8 should suffice. Anyways in regards to the clsns related stuff and the projectiles.

I looked at the code closely and you apparently used Rober as a base to build up on.

So here a suggestion, reduce her size to normal. Rober's size was increased by 1.2 by 1.2 mostly because he would be smaller then most of the other fighters. For Goho, it would be alright if she was slightly smaller then some of the other fighters as she is a bit younger then the rest. As she is right now, she is taller then Cliff.

The stage has the same filename like the character, because the stage is the homestage of said character.

This is true for absolutely every character in the NES Street Fighter 4 remake project, kinda like how official games have a set naming pattern for certain stuff.

DuckSS here.

Trin you should work out on your character,this is just an imperfect release.

- Having a problems when I use EX Tatsumaki on edge of the stage,like p1 is kicks out the p2 very far.

- Missing Burst Explods on projectile attacks

- How about adding Burning palfx on ex hadouken's projectile?

- Some of animations are quite speedy (Like one on state 170)

- I understand that EX Dragon punch needs to hit twice,but it does only on one frame!

- Fix the sprpriority on Super Hadouken. Because at beginning it's behind the p1.

- Also for Super hadouken,I found out that burst sound is repeating when the super projectile is hitting p2. 

- The Ex Tatsumaki has awkward velocity when it doesn't hit p2. You should keep the first state on velset which is like this:

[state 1000]

type = velset

trigger1 = 1

x = 0

y = 0

then the second state should be the state for small fall.

- Some normal attacks (includes air,crouch and stand) have a bad aligned hitspark. Fix the sparkxy in those attacks.

- Also Tatsumaki's animation is okay,but I noticed that the sprites have some snk shading. To remove that shades,use the bright colour on middle colour while removing shade,most of that shades are seen on the legs.

- You should add voices and more sounds to character,she would be great in that way.

- Focus attack is awkward too,it does a awkward punch which it makes p2 to change itself into wrong state. See my daphne's or any D's sf4 characters' focus attack,and you'll find out how we coded it.

- Backward jump (BB) needs a jump back sound

- Taunt's sprites are awkward too. On the legs you can see that there's lack of bright color.

- You're missing the hitsparks on Super tatsumaki.

- You're missing the sounds for grab (Throw) attack

Okay that's all for now,I'll be following your bug fixing on this character.

Oh my god, so much at once:

-I managed to recreate only one weird behaviour with EX Tatsumaki on the corner. I'm on it.

EDIT: Sorta fixed by playing around with hitvels and cornerpushes. It's by no means perfect, but at least the weird behaviour from before is less weird (5 out of 6 hits instead of a single one), while the other conditions still have the full 5 hits.

-There are burst explods. At least they display fine for me.

-There are burning effects. At least they display fine for me.

-Slowed down 170 a little bit. What else is too speedy?

-Actually, no. There are two frames, and each does one hit. I tested it multiple times, so I can confirm.

-Fixed

-Hmm...yeah, it really does. And I thought I fixed the problem. Oh well, I'm on it.

-I...am not actually sure what you mean, because it looks fine for me.

-I think I fixed them all now

-Okay, used your advice on the first spinning frame, and it looks at lot more CvS-like now. Thanks, I'm on it now. EDIT: Fixed

-D did sent voices to me (those of Seung Mina from the Soul Calibur series), but I have tried them out yet since I'm not sure if they will fit her (I only know about very few Soul Calibur characters, and Seung Mina is not one of them). Actually, I was even thinking about requesting a certain popular voice actress to do the job since it would fit very nicely this time around, but I'm not sure if you guys will like my decision.

-Actually, I changed the Focus Attack so it would use an optional animation standard if it exist, and the old one with required sprites if it doesn't. My goal was to make the Focus Attack get-hit to look more like it does in Street Fighter 4 (Rober-Pasta also got that Focus Attack update, but I still need to upload him). But I'm curious: Are there any problem with the redirecting? Because it worked fine for me (Bunny Tracy still uses the old gethit for Focus Attack)

-Fixed

-They were like that in the original CvS sprites, and I'm sure there was a reason why they were so dark, I just don't know what the reason could be...

-Fixed

-I'm on it. EDIT: Fixed

MEGA-EDIT: Goho-Li link updated. Have fun! ;)

First of all, is there a specific type of gameplay you're trying to emulate? It may explain some of the problems I have with her about her attacks being fast overall and can chain into themselves.

1. You missed out basic attacks you can do while holding forward in the Readme file.

2. Standing and walking collisions should be the same, to prevent the apparent "shakiness" that happens when both her and another character walk into each other. Since her walking collisions need work, you could just copy and paste the standing ones into that animation.

3. Sound-wise from street fighter 4, you're missing sounds for jumping and landing, and blocked attacks.
a. Crouch Strong Kick is using the sound effect for Medium Kick instead of Strong Kick.

4. Her weak attacks can combo into themselves. Her Standing weak Punch, for instance, can be chained into itself multiple times by mashing the button. I managed to get 11 hits from this.

5. Standing strong kick launches opponents, which is weird for a kick that swings horizontally. Is this intentional?
a. In addition, it's a juggle infinite in the corner for characters that cannot block in the air, and Crouch Strong Punch is a true juggle infinite in the corner in that the opponent cannot recover from this.

6. Standing Forward Strong Punch, Crouch Strong Punch, and Air Strong Kick all have red collisions with infinite priority in their attacks.

7. All air Weak attacks can be performed again by mashing buttons, unlike the strong attacks. Is this intentional?

8. Her throw ends with the opponent flying front-first into the ground, before being corrected to landing on their back. They should be thrown in the air so they will land back-first. Look at Ryu's back throw for instance.

9. Weak Energy Spark can have more than one projectile on the field. Is this intentional?
a. In addition, both weak and strong versions have the sound of the projectile hitting if the opponent blocks it instead of a blocked projectile sound, and the EX version even has the sound of the projectile firing even if it hits.

10. Rising Dragon Kick seems lackluster: Not only does the attack knock the opponent back really far for not much of a reason, it also doesn't have any merit for even using it in the first place. No invincibility frames means you can get punished before the attack even begins.
a. The attack "whoosh" sound plays at the start of the animation, not before the kick appears, and a successful hit uses the sound effect for Medium Kick instead of Strong Kick.

11. Spinning Tornado has a distinctive lack of shading in the spinning motion itself.
a. She can recover insanely fast from landing after the kick, so you need to add extra time to the landing state.
b. In addition, the EX version has a chance of missing some hits due to the opponent's collisions: you may want to compensate this by extending the attack collisions.

12. Focus Attack is D, DF, F, b+y, NOT X+A - Typo in the Readme file.
a. It's missing sound effects, there is no holding the buttons to charge the attack and no unblockability, the opponent can block it while suffering guard damage, and the opponent goes into an invalid animation if it hits the opponent (tested this on Elecbyte's Kung Fu Man).

13. Flying Gale Punch suffers from the same lackluster problems as Rising Dragon Kick in that it doesn't have any merit for using it.
a. When the second hit of the EX version hits, it plays no sound at all.
b. When she lands, there is a brief animation that doesn't have any blue collisions at all!

14. Surpreme Energy Spark suffers from the same problems as the special versions, but a new problem is that the move does loads of block damage when blocked, dealing over half the damage of a successful hit.

15. Performing "Spinning Vacuum Tornado" causes an "expression Truncated to integer" debug problem.
a. The Vacuum effect doesn't even pull the opponent as much as Ryu's version, only stopping halfway through the animation, then continuing with a small Vacuum.
b. The move's damage may need increasing, as the special's EX version can do more damage with the same amount of power as this super.
c. The move also gives back lots of power to a blocking opponent.

As a final note, if you're emulating the combo-ability of street fighter 4, you should try and copy how the Crouch Weak Kick can chain into itself, as it chains with precise button pressing instead of mashing, and so it's a good base for all the other basic attacks.

New feedback! This time I tried her in 1.0 for sure:

- Ex fireball repeats the release sound when it hits p2

- Ex fireball still doesn't have a palfx. I do understand that you have added the explods for p2 but you need to add burning palfx to hitdef of that fireball.

- eehhhh,I can hear the landing sound when I use FF or BB Dash,but not in the end of the state.You should fix that too.

- Still we have a same problem with EX Dragon punch

- Hyper fireball is still repeating the release sound when it hits! You should set the hit sound than the release sound to that fireball.

Ugh....Trin may I have your permission to work on this character? Because I can't just give a feedback that much.

Eh, I actually like to do be more independent, but thanks for your offer.

*Okay, now I understand what you meant. Fixed the problem with the release sound repeating by just remapping it to the player state instead of the helper state.

*Fixed the problem with the landing sound

*Okay, I seriously cannot replicate the problem you get with the EX Dragon Punch. I just can't. I already tried 20 times complete with pausing, both when the opponent was on the ground and when the opponent was in the air, and each hit is done on a seperate frame in all cases.

----------------------

Okay, now it's TxPot's turn: Basically, what I'm doing right now is a custom style, that is based on Street Fighter 4, but doesn't follow Street Fighter 4 style strictly.

1+2. Whoops, fixed.

4. While Goho Li being able to chain weak attacks into itself is intentional (she really needed a good comboability with her being the starter character and all), but 11 hits by just mashing is not intentional. I also cannot recreate it (I only get up to 5 hits).

5. Well, I left the String Kick like that, because I didn't saw anything wrong with it, but after chaning hitvels, it definitely looks better now (it now has a keepaway function of sorts). I also fixed the Strong Punch now, so now the opponent should be able to recover.

6. Fixed everything except the Air Strong Kick. I think the hitbox should stay there since it is already impractical in its own right and has a small hitbox, and I really don't want to make that attack downright useless either.

7. Intentional, since they are weak anyway. Besides, you can only hit with them twice anyway (I know that because I tested that).

8. Funny thing you mention Ryu's throw, because I tried to replicate just that (because Goho Li is the Ryu of the NES Street Fighter 4). But yeah, the last two frames are actually me sleeping on my job, because they were supossed to be flipped...but now it's fixed!

9. Nope, and I found out why: It's because of a fuck up in the triggers...but it's fixed now, alongside any sound problems with the Energy Sparks.

10. Originally, I only added that, so Goho Li can have a move that Ryu doesn't have. However, I have no updated it by not only fixing the sound problem and the lack of start-up invulnerability, but also decided what it should do: Weak Rising Dragon Kick keeps it launchability in order to be a keep-away with extra-power, while Strong Dragon Kick has less launchability, but more damage.

11. That "lack of shading" is my attempt at CvS-style shading that DuckSS suggested to me. Unless someone will provide me with a better-shaded version, these sprites wont change, because this is the best I can do shading-wise. But I did fixed the landing problem. Currently extending the hitboxes.

12. Fixed the problems with the sound (and found out that Rober Pasta had the same sound problems...). However, I cannot seem to fix the blocking glitch. It happens for no reason, because I used the same hit settings like the previous two characters (Bunny Tracy and Rober Pasta), yet their Focus Attack is unblockable like normal. Also, you cannot charge the Focus Attack, because Focus Attack charging in general has been left out on purpose (at least that's a system staple from D The Red Cloak). EDIT: Just found the reason why it is blockable...man, I feel stupid for missing that... -_-

13. Fixed all problems there.

14. Decreased the powerget there. However, I really don't see a problem with the vacuum effect. I mean, not everything has to be 100% accurate to Ryu, if that's not the real Ryu.

EDIT: Goho Li and Rober Pasta updated! Have fun! ;)

(Updated Goho Li)

1. Crouch Strong Punch is still a juggle infinite in the corner, but lasts for up to 15 hits.

2. Crouch Strong Kick is still using the sound effect for Medium Kick instead of Strong Kick.

3. Both weak and strong versions still have the sound of the projectile hitting if the opponent blocks it instead of a blocked projectile sound.
a. Forgot to mention, Energy Spark needs a damage boost. Their block damage is okay.
b. During the attack, there is a red collision on the character herself, but it does nothing to the opponent. Is this intentional?

4. Spinning Tornado still can recover insanely fast from landing after the kick.
a. The EX sound effect doesn't play on the EX version.

5. The only new thing I've found is that, for some odd reason, she has a chance of whiffing her focus attack by reverting to her pixelated version, doing the attack, then going back to normal, all by holding Down during the attack. Is this intentional?
a. The attack is now unblockable, but the opponent goes into an invalid animation if it hits the opponent (tested this on Elecbyte's Kung Fu Man).

6. Flying Gale Punch's second hit of the EX version still plays no sound at all.
a. When she falls, there is an animation that doesn't have any blue collisions at all!

7. Apart from the powergain, Spinning Vacuum Tornado has the same problems as before.

==========

Rober Pasta:

1. Some of his collisions around his body need to be a bit larger, especially since his walking collisions need work.
a. In contrast, his taunt collisions are too big.

2. Wave Flare needs a damage boost. It also suffers from the same problems that Goho Li did with her projectile, in that he can have more than one projectile on the field at a time, and all versions have the sound of the projectile hitting if the opponent blocks it instead of a blocked projectile sound.

3. Mountain Upper suffers from the same problems that Goho Li did, in that it doesn't have any merit for using it, since you can get punished before the attack even begins.
a. It also has Goho Li's brief animation that doesn't have any blue collisions at all!

4. Missile Kick can be recovered from landing after the kick insanely fast.
a. I also find it strange that the EX version has him just float there while pulling off two kicks, in contrast to the normal attacks that have him fly through the air. Is this intentional?

5. Spinning Wave Kick has a debug flood of "Player has no Root/Parent".
a. The Strong version dose an insane amount of block damage when blocked.
b. The EX version doesn't have the "transformation" sound effect end when he reverts back to normal. Instead, it plays when he lands on the ground!

6. Focus Attack has the same problems as Goho Li did, except much worse: His attack sends the opponent into an invalid animation even if the attack is blocked! (tested this on Elecbyte's Kung Fu Man)
a. It's D, DF, F, b+y, NOT X+A - Typo in the Readme file.
b. For some odd reason, he has a chance of whiffing his focus attack by reverting to his pixelated version, doing the attack, then going back to normal, all by holding Down during the attack. Is this intentional?

7. Wave Vulcan cannot be stopped by other projectiles.
a. Somehow, it also does more damage if the opponent was in the air at the time.
b. You didn't explain how to control it at all in the Readme file. Punch buttons make it go up, while kick buttons make it go down.
c. Meanwhile, controlling it is flimsy, as you have to press buttons instead of hold them.

8. Torpedo Spinner doesn't have any transformation sounds throughout the move.
a. The main attack doesn't work properly if you do this move while your back is against the corner. It also doesn't work properly if the opponent got hit by the move later than usual, but right before the move ends with you failing to hit: The spin attack begins as soon as the opponent is launched, meaning the attack ends up doing less damage than usual.
b. The opponent may escape the main attack if their collisions isn't big enough.

9. Spine Break Upper has a horribly-stretched background image used. Try to find a better image.
a. The move is also lacking in environmental shaking, since crashing down like a meteor should have you create a huge earthquake.
b. When he lands after the attack, the "transformation" sound effect plays!