So, I've been thinking (kind of)

CozySquirtle

I sorta...wanna...maybe take a shot on making my first actual MUGEN character. I was think about 'Adult Gohan (Super Saiyan)' from 'Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden'.

Now here's a list of pros and cons...

Pros:

I have Skype

I could try to see if Ryon would help me out with his vast knowledge of coding.

I can work on Gohan every Monday-Friday (or Thursday if I decide to take Friday for myself)

I understand that Ryon has made an in-depth character tutorial guide

I can make the following three things: Small Portrait, Big Portrait and Palettes

I know how to add sprites into Fighter Factory

I know how to add sounds into Fighter Factory

I understand what certain animations are

I know the Blue Boxes are for when a character gets hit and the Red Boxes are for when a character attacks another

I can fix certain problems if explained into terms that I would understand (Ryon, Rice and Laharl have helped me out with explaining what was wrong with Squirtle)

Cons:

I don't have a mic for talking and the Skype that I have was built-in to my laptop when I got it and when I fire it up, it goes full screen and I'd have to keep hitting the Windows key to get back to a normal screen and that would be quite tedious

I have ZERO coding experience

I have ADHD, which in my position, makes things really hard to understand if its not put into terms that I would comprehend

I've had Ryon's help in the past with coding, but that was like 2 years ago and I've pretty much forgot EVERYTHING he taught me (When I edited Squirtle)

I'm not REAL keen on Fighter Factory 3, but I will use it (I'm more use to Fighter Factory Classic)

I might get a little frustrated and upset cause I've never done this before (Even tho thats a bit childish) (Outside of editing Squirtle)

That's all the pros and cons that I can think of atm

Now, by looking at Gohan's spritesheet I can make a couple of his moves based on the games:

Ki Blast Cannon - *Basic Attack* - D,F + Any Punch

Meteor Crash (Dragon Ball: Xenoverse) (Kinda iffy on this on... even tho the sprites look like their there for this attack) - *Basic Attack* - D,B + Any Kick

Masenko - *Level 1 or Basic Attack* - QCF + Low Punch

Kamehameha - *Level 1 or Basic Attack* - QCB + Low Punch

Soaring Dragon Strike - *Level 1 Attack* - D,D,F + Low Punch

Super Kamehameha - *Level 2 Attack* - QCB + Med Punch

Super Masenko (Anime only?) - *Level 2 Attack* - QCF + Med Punch

Ultimate Masenko (Anime only?) - *Level 3 Attack* - QCF + Heavy Punch

Burst Rush - *Level 3 Attack* - QCB + Heavy Kick

Maximum Charge - *Power Charge Move* - (Whatever Phantom Of The Server's Charge command is, cause I forget)

Spread Shot Retreat (Dragon Ball: Xenoverse) (Its used as a counter-attack in the game and uses 1 bar of energy and I believe the shot count in random ranging from 5 - 10) *Counter Move* - D,D + Any Punch

POSSIBLE MOVE:

Potential Unlocked - *Transform Move (cost 3 bars)* - LP+MP+HP - Gives Gohan a 1.5x power boost for a limited time

Play-Style: Kind of want him to be based of Ryon's Style

Preview of Idle Anim:

What are your guys thoughts? This isn't set in stone yet, its just an idea that keeps popping up in my head....

I don't think I'm cut out for this... So, I think I'm going to stop while I'm behind....

I completed a few animations.... (Standing - Jump)

If anyone wants to work on Gohan as their own character, here's the link....

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5rv3mp4d4jv4e9s/GohanSS_CharProject.rar

I gave it my best shot on trying to understand.

Sorry for making a pointless topic, everyone.

DONT GIVE UP

These things take time. You're essentially learning a new language in addition to everything. KFM has notes that help, and the docs go over things in a general manner. If it's becoming too difficult, carve some time out and check out Ryon's tutorial to get a different understanding.

• 1 month later...

You still around Squirtle?  Anyway, for the basic stuff (punch, kick, stand, etc.) do a sff sprite swap of the animations. Work from there.  I have a kind of 'coding archive' on my site that may help too later on.  I've been away for quite a while again because I work 6 days a week and do laundry and pay bills on the 7th day.  But things take time and if you stick with it it does eventually become easier the more you learn and the more you do.  But even for me, if things ain't coming together right I take a break then come back.  Sometimes it just takes a bit to sink in which is no big deal.  Anyway, my site url is http://www.gohanssm.com/mugen.html if interested.  Feel free to use anything there for a base if you want too or just stuff to play around with to get a feel for what goes on in a character.