MUGEN 1.1 HR/HD (?) Balanced Ridley (Metroid)

Hello there. I doubt you remember me, but i made few rather unbalanced characters with mediocre animations (those static legs...) in the past and never finished some of them (Samus, for example) because i lost interest in MUGEN. While i've got quite rusty with coding, i've been getting far better with animations (and English) and now i actually remember to not leave character's legs static.
Anyway, i decided to redo one of my old characters. Its Ridley of course. Both my old and new Ridleys were broken as f*** even though it was not intentional and had some cringe-worthy stuff like being to talk during the fight. And first one looked like s**t while second one had horrible proportions (giant wings, long head, very long tail).
Screenshot:
eA2Oyju.png

Some of the animations (not all are shown, but im nearly done with basic movement and intros):
Standing animation:
GOgF30H.gif
Walking forward (slowed down for some reasons):
Awi1wpr.gif
Walking backwards (slowed down for some reasons):
cQpC4kN.gif

Crouching (slowed down too...don't know why it happens):

ioodoUs.gif
Certainly better than before. Once again, im using a 3D model for this since i don't want to spend years trying to make sprites for this big guy. I won't have to spend as much time with animations since most of them were done before i even thought of this whole thing. I have found a very convenient way to make screenshots of the model (at the cost of resolution decrease or something), so, everything will go a lot faster than before and since most animations are done at this point, this whole thing shouldn't take more than a month. This time, i'll try to get even more ridicolous with AI, but i'll also try to focus a lot more on balancing because my previous attempts to make Ridley resulted in a boss character even though thats not what i wanted. Tail will still be kept invincible, but mostly because it would be very difficult to do considering how much it should move. Wings and head will mostly be invincible too for same reasons. The only real problem that will remain is file size of the character. Previous time i decided to make animations fluid/smooth, it was around 200mb and that was ridicolous. I already have part of the moveset, but im not sure what kind of gameplay style i should do. Probably won't try to copy anything that already exists, but who knows. I'll try to actually use blood for proper attacks since, well, look at those claws and tail. No true fatalities of course, but still. I decided to keep him a 4-button character...or whatever it should be (light punch, strong punch, light kick, strong kick and fierce/launcher/strong/whatever attack) to make things simpler and to make it easier for me to come up with a moveset. I'll write the move list here, but later.
And this time, i will finish it. Most likely my last creation here and i want to go out on a high note or something. This is just a side project and i have something else im working on, but it doesn't matters here.

Hey BSB, that last Ridley you made is just amazing, the 3D-ness, the AI, one of the greatest Mugen creations ever. I'm surprised you're making another one, because the old version is perfect, just a little too grabby. This new one looks a lot shorter, I use 1.0, but I'll still take a look at this one, I'll be eager to see how this turns out, and I agree that he's not too big at all, there's others that are even bigger, just look at Ebifrygon for example, he's almost covering the whole right side and he's bigger:

19kdsisv39itlo4zg.jpg

Hey BSB, that last Ridley you made is just amazing, the 3D-ness, the AI, one of the greatest Mugen creations ever. I'm surprised you're making another one, because the old version is perfect, just a little too grabby. This new one looks a lot shorter, I use 1.0, but I'll still take a look at this one, I'll be eager to see how this turns out, and I agree that he's not too big at all, there's others that are even bigger, just look at Ebifrygon for example, he's almost covering the whole right side and he's bigger:

19kdsisv39itlo4zg.jpg

Thanks, but his animations were far from perfect. His legs didn't moved at all unless he was moving. He is smaller this time to decrease his range and to make him a smaller target.

And didn't expected to see someone bigger than him without being ridicolously big.

Proof that Ridley was never too big for MUGEN.

We already have Kraid in MUGEN, so...is there anything too big for MUGEN?

Light punch animation:

hfSTo7j.gif

Its slow (not as slow as on the gif, but still slow), but it deals more damage than your average light punch and has super armor (or whatever it should be if it can be broken with strong attacks) while he swings his arm (but not before or after that). Just to go with the whole "Firebrand+Hulk+Ghost Rider" idea. And to balance out its range (its nearly full-screen because of how big Ridley is and how long his arms are). He is also moving while using it. Medium punch is also done and its just same thing, but stronger, slower and doesn't goes forward as far. And he uses his right arm. Fierce/strong attack, if used after medium punch, turns into a rather strong attack (that still looks like light punch, but slower at the start) that causes wallbounce (but opponent may land on the ground if the stage is too long). Other than that, basic movement is done.

• 2 weeks later...

Oooooh this is beautiful.

Thanks.

Sorry for lack of updates. Its been a while since last one. But i have reasons for that.
1. I decided to update the model (its overall thinner, has 2x more teeth, longer claws, different textures, etc). And this means redoing every single sprite i added...and that is going to take a while. This is how it looks like right now:
fvLNXUx.png

Its not finished yet. But im going for more of a "bloodthirsty and sadistic dragon" feel this time, so, expect to see nasty stuff in terms of both appearance and attacks.
2. Lack of ideas for what to do. But thats been fixed already.
4. I also decided to update standing animation...which means every animation for ground attacks that was done outside of throws needs to be redone.
5. Im trying to improve lighting on Ridley so he would look more natural in MUGEN.
6. I've been busy with other project not related to MUGEN.
7. I want to make sure its compatible in 1.0.
8. There is no number 3.
9. You checked if that is true and now reading this.
BUT expect some progress once im done with the model. Its not going to take too much time since it doesn't involves anything complex. So, stay tuned i guess?

Well, all of the lost progress is...not lost anymore? Idunno. Anyway, i already finished all punches, light kick and strong aerial kick. I still haven't decided what kind of gameplay style to use. But certainly not the common 6-buttons kind of thing. Have standing animation for now:
ulGjJxX.gif
He isn't as dark as on image above, but thats just to make him easier to recolor and more fitting when compared to most characters. I would like to show other animations, but it takes a while to clean them so they can be cropped properly and uploading doesn't goes any faster either. I think i should write moveset i planned for him here, but a bit later. Most likely today or tomorrow.

...yeah, this is not much, but im quick with coding and importing those sprites, so, its not because that took that much time. I remade all of this stuff within like 5 or 6 hours. Making animations and modifying the model takes longer.

Sorry for lack of updates, but here is a big one.
Ridley is ready for beta release (right now, he is missing few specials and hypers). His AI is as brutal as usual, but now it relies on combos than raw damage and really cheap attacks like guard push that can actually hurt his opponent. Here is it in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh_TQGPhQX4&feature=youtu.be
You can easily beat him once you learn what he does after what. Oh, and don't worry - Ridley still doesn't talks. He laughs, but that sound is mixed with roars, so, it sounds more fitting than if i would leave it as it is. And here is his full moveset in a match against one of previous Ridleys i made:
http://youtu.be/fo_MBhBGGF4
I also added Burned (which is just Ridley with darker colors and torn wings), Frozen (which is Ridley in a huge chunk of ice like in SSB) and Pharaoh Curse (which is Little Birdie of course) animations. No Shocked animation because thats not possible (but i would do it if it would be possible) and no Midnight Bliss because...why?
If 2nd video doesn't shows up, then its because its not done uploading. But it should be over soon.