Broly - 24 Jul 2015

BoyBoyz

There was a bug with his commands.  Now the super (DFDF+z. see pic below) should be able to be done without conflict with the counter special. Either redownload or download this .cmd fix if you have the original version already: 

https://www.mediafire.com/?tgcionbfiatlhs0  -  cmd fix to be applied to original file (if its the first time downloading the original file, then u don't need this)

dbtcnp.png

if i could sqeek like a little girl , i would :truestory:

S******************************IT!  i wanted to do pals for him so badly ,but he takes a new palette Every sprite ....SOB! 

Some good feedback led to an update:

- Why do every sprite have different palettes?
No idea!
- Easy double KO is Broly (1p) and Broly (2p) do "c" (barrier) together at close range and stand.
I can't fix this, it's a bug with the mechanics of the shield.  Any suggestions would be welcome!
- D,B,y feels very sluggish in looks. It stays still for a little while when it immediately slams the enemy. Maybe a slow-motion movement would give 
the move a bit more impact, followed by the slamming pose remaining there for a second.
I took this from the extreme butoden version.  The style is almost exactly the same!
- QCFx2 + z should use different attacks, not just one punch and one kick.
Done. 4 Punches in mid air, ground punch up, then kick launch!
- QCFx2 + c looks odd, it's like the energy balls fall down like snowflakes instead of coming from Broly himself. It's too... "quiet".
Added envshake! Thanks, I didn't notice the 'quietness' until you pointed it out.
- Broly can dash infinitely in air.
Not gona fix this.
- debug flood if Broly dashes against another Broly with the barrier activated; the debug message is this:
WARNING: PLAYER BROLY IN STATE 100: CHANGED TO INVALID ANIMELEM 6 WITHIN ACTION 100
If you look at the state 100 there are other ChangeAnims with values like 3, 4, 5, 6; if you delete them the debug message will go away;
Fixed
- however there is another problem: when Broly "runs" forward while the p2 Broly has the barrier, p1 Broly, keeps changing animation elements automatically (1 and 2); it's because of the HitOverrides.
Fixed by added a triggerall = (p2name != "Broly" || p4name != "Broly") && enemy, numhelper(951) = 0.  Hope this doesnt clash with other characters who have numhelper(951).
- D,F,y has a misplaced dust effect in the upper left side of the screen. And it's because of the bindtime = 0, which should be 1 like you said.
Fixed.
- Same for D,B, a.
Fixed for air version. Ground version I don't see any potential issue.

This really cool Character. Im no expert on the Dragon Ball Universe But I love how most of the Mugen Character Creators is Taking the liking of these sprite from Sprite resources rip and contributed by Ploaj and I know that Ploaj  would be very happy that his Hard work is really paying its self off and knowing His sprite rips are going to be a great use to the mugen community :D

As some have mentioned, he deals too much damage.  I have made a toned down version here:

https://www.mediafire.com/?qz4rqsft31e7xx7

The max damage that the toned down version does is ~460, with 2 power bars. 

Of course, the overpowered version still remains in the link in the first post, for those who like to rampage once in a while like the most powerful Saiyan.

EDIT:  A couple of things were fixed also.  The intro's black bgpalfx would sometimes go off if other characters intruded with their own bgpalfx.  I fixed that. Many other fixes too! 

I think its really nice you include two versions for Broly, I haven't really noticed that much differences between toned down and overpowered version besides the damage. I wouldn't mind you made the overpowered version even more overpowered (Maybe more i-frames, can't be combo'd, some health regen, anything you can come up with) so he can maybe compete with the more cheap characters, similiarly to how you made Aizen more cheap than what he was before in his earlier versions. Just a suggestion that's all.

Finally someone who likes OP versions.  Precisely, I made Broly and Aizen OP because there are so many OP characters out there and I need to match up with them.  Nevertheless, it's great keeping a roster of normal characters for normalized battles and so I recognize the need for a toned down version, which can't 1-hit kill anyone at the start of the battle anymore.  The toned down version will hopefully have more reduced i-frames soon.

i think i may have found the issue with the palette problem , i think their in the Wrong Group , he loads up a normal act in Group 0 Index 0

& i think his sprites should load up in  Group 1 , index 1 ,every character im loading up that doesn't take a new palette every few sprites starts in 1,1 & stays their as u go threw the sprites ,

but with broly if u switch his to 1,1 u get this 

Now how to make his right... Well idk i only know how to make new palettes not fix issues with them, sadly, i experimented on trying to make them work,but needless to say it turned out wrong. maybe this will help u figure it out or someone else , sorry to push the palette issue, ive just wanted to make new pals for him since i saw the sprites existed in mugen lol Thanks for making him i love it! i wish i hadnt ran out of time for my free trial with Snaggit , a video would of made this ALOT easier & would of shown what i mean ALOT easier as well