[PS4] Final Fantasy VII remake confirmed

RicePigeon

I wish it was fake if only to see the mega shit storm that would surely come afterwards.....

It's cool though I guess but I won't be getting it for awhile as I don't have a ps4 yet and that is if I get one. Not to mention I have played FF7 so many times it is not even funny. I actually see why some people think it's overrated. My favorite FF though would be 9 so yeah.

I think with the FF15 engine. FF7 Remake would be hella freaking AWESOME.

Or even if they used the Dissidia (arcade) battle system for 3 on 3 combat. It would still be freaking AWESOME.

It was kinda needed for Ruby and Emerald tbh or atleast for me it was. Mime + Knights of the Round did it for me. It was either that or Vincents Death penalty where he 1 hit ko's anything 

Ruby & Emerald were the exceptions, but when you're able to KO the final boss with one attack you know you've crossed the line.

And even without KotR for Ruby & Emerald, you still had Mime + Omnislash... or Lucky 7 + Ungarmax

That true

but something tells me they are going to change that concept where hidden/secret and final bosses are immune to death attacks. :-P

It had less to do with instant death and more to do with multi-hitting attacks that lets the total damage break the 9999 damage cap and leave Safer Sephiroth with 0 HP once it's finished. Granted there is that hidden mechanic where he gets bonus HP for every party member at lvl 99, plus double HP if you use KotR on Jenova-Synthesis, all of which lets him survive a single KotR, but he'll have very few HP remaining afterward.

FF8 kind of rectified this by having it so that all enemies HP will scale to match your party's level, and the only attack capable of dealing insane levels of damage (Lionheart) only had a 25% chance of activating. There's also Zell's limit break, but the fact you need to be at low health put a higher risk (and also has a time limit that was dependent on both your current health and random chance).

• 4 weeks later...

I'm such a FF nerd and I have to say 7 was one of my least favorite. 6,8,9, & 12 would be pre-ordered instantly, especially 9

You should count yourself lucky you did not say that anywhere else or you would have been bombarded by FF7 defenders lol.