zombiebrocks Palette Making Tutorial (no audio,sorry)

Lord Batros

just a quick video of how i make palettes.....hope it helps ,feel free to ask questions, ill be glad to answer to the best of my knowledge 

Update Video About Shading & Light To Dark colors on the Palette

Also Remember When doing multiple parts of a characters palette the same color make sure to HOLD down the Ctrl Button when clicking on the color boxes 

Dealing with a Shared Palette

Making one Characters color the same as another

Making Your Own Custom Palette 

Using an image to make a new palette

HOLY COW! Finally a tutorial about converting sprites from 1 character to another!

Thats great! Now I can re-direct everyone who asked me to your video!

sadly I do not remember how many or who has asked me but in the future I will!

HOLY COW! Finally a tutorial about converting sprites from 1 character to another!

Thats great! Now I can re-direct everyone who asked me to your video!

sadly I do not remember how many or who has asked me but in the future I will!

lol, Thanx much Boss ! 

• 6 months later...

Hey Zombiebrock, I was behind on watching all of the videos, but I just finished them and they were extremely helpful, especially the newest additions. I have 2 questions about palette creation though after the vids. Is there any set value you decrease or increase a color shade's value by when you are shading? Meaning that if your'e using a color that has a value of 255 as your lightest shade, do you personally decrease the next shade's value by 25 or any set amount in general, or do you just eyeball and pick values that look close as you go? I'm only curious, because your shading usually looks flawless and I'm seeking to mimic. Also, a few times I've been making palettes, I would go to edit a color, but after I applied my new color, it wouldn't change, so I'd select the same color again, but then it would be a different square in the pixel chart, so I'd change the color again and apply it, and then it will apply the second time. There's even been a few times I had to edit the same color 3-4 times before it would actually apply the new color, and I'm just curious as to why that happens if you know. It's extremely demotivating when that happens, and I usually give up. It's such a dumb thing to not want to do something over though, so it'd be nice to know how to remedy that if possible and not have to give up. Again, thank you for the vids/tutorials, they won't go unused.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/23/2015 at 2:31 AM, shulbocka said:

Hey Zombiebrock, I was behind on watching all of the videos, but I just finished them and they were extremely helpful, especially the newest additions. I have 2 questions about palette creation though after the vids. Is there any set value you decrease or increase a color shade's value by when you are shading? Meaning that if your'e using a color that has a value of 255 as your lightest shade, do you personally decrease the next shade's value by 25 or any set amount in general, or do you just eyeball and pick values that look close as you go? I'm only curious, because your shading usually looks flawless and I'm seeking to mimic. Also, a few times I've been making palettes, I would go to edit a color, but after I applied my new color, it wouldn't change, so I'd select the same color again, but then it would be a different square in the pixel chart, so I'd change the color again and apply it, and then it will apply the second time. There's even been a few times I had to edit the same color 3-4 times before it would actually apply the new color, and I'm just curious as to why that happens if you know. It's extremely demotivating when that happens, and I usually give up. It's such a dumb thing to not want to do something over though, so it'd be nice to know how to remedy that if possible and not have to give up. Again, thank you for the vids/tutorials, they won't go unused.

I Have NO idea why this didn't notify me of this reply, so i apologize for the late Reply 

To answer the First question , i usually Went down by 10 to 20 points when going Darker so say it was at 255 my next would be 233 ect,ect , But at sometimes i would just eye it out , so i guess i didn't really answer , so ...Both lol , as for your Second question.... sometimes a character's palette is just screwed up & won't do what u want to no matter what & just like i would, u made the right decision to walk away from that character ,you're just going to run into those from time to time, nothing u can really do, Thank u so much for the comments ,and just like much in mugen, with palettes practice makes perfect, it took me almost a year to get decent & really understanding how Shading ,makes the characters pop , so keep at it & eventually with enough practice, it will become second hand & im glad my video's helped someone lol