Millionaire Fighters

xcheatdeath

Stolen as hell.  How about crediting me for doing like 75% of the work or so?

*edit*

Well you packed it wrong.  You kept my old directory structure for directory "MillionaireFighting" on your end and in the system.def, but the download uses "MillionaireFighters" so that's a bad start.  I guess this is built on an pretty old version that I released because the SFF includes a bunch of old stuff that I think I've since removed.  But whatever.

*another edit*

Just in case anyone thinks I'm full of it, here's a video where you can see a super early version from 2011 (!!).

How about crediting me for doing like 75% of the work or so?

75% of the work I did? HAH, no.

Nothing on this screenpack is really even the original minus the victory screen, and even then, it's been altered. I changed so, so so much. You get nothing outside of a thanks for giving me a name. I edited your screenpack years ago, which is linked in the original post. Good job making a fool out of yourself. You didn't create anything I even used, minus the backdrop for the victory. And yeah I'll admit there's stuff left over that was from the original,but no one cares.

You're literally full of it.

Look how completely different mine looks compared to yours. It's not "stolen" I kept the name out of respects to what you originally did. I kept the victory screen because it looks cool.

You get like, 2% credit for the 2% of what I kept. Don't ever come to someone elses release thread trying to call them out on something then make yourself look like a complete ass. Unless that's your thing. No disrespect at all, but i looked at your screenpack as a nice base, that's about it. I changed way too much for you to even consider the fact that you deserve any kind of credit.

Good day, sir/ma'am.

Alright, children...

if your going to fight with one another, please do it via PM, that way nobody has to read this senseless/petty argument... and if you still can't solve the problem like grown men/women, then I suggest that you both contact a mod/admin, so that they can get to the bottom of the problem. Plain and Simple. 

Stolen as hell.  How about crediting me for doing like 75% of the work or so?

*edit*

Well you packed it wrong.  You kept my old directory structure for directory "MillionaireFighting" on your end and in the system.def, but the download uses "MillionaireFighters" so that's a bad start.  I guess this is built on an pretty old version that I released because the SFF includes a bunch of old stuff that I think I've since removed.  But whatever.

*another edit*

Just in case anyone thinks I'm full of it, here's a video where you can see a super early version from 2011 (!!).

yea no you don't come to threads and do that. You have been on thin ice as it is have a warning point. He didn't just take your work and release he EDITED it first its something he does. he fixes edits of edits. anyway you do not do this again hope this is clear.

yea no you don't come to threads and do that. You have been on thin ice as it is have a warning point. He didn't just take your work and release he EDITED it first its something he does. he fixes edits of edits. anyway you do not do this again hope this is clear.

I am entitled to ask for credit for my work.  He did not ask me concerning this edit nor did he credit me (or the previous authors that I did credit).  If he wants to release it as an edit, he can post it in the edits section.

Here is the oldest version that I still have on my computer.  Feel free to check file dates and compare system.def and system.sff.  You will see that my SFF is from 12-15-2012 (almost a year's worth of work at that point) and basically sprite for sprite matches his.

honestly credit isn't even 100% required its ethical yes but not required. As long as they don't just claim the entire thing as their own on work they did not do. I will wait for taybear to respond more about this.

So I checked the system.def of the old one:

[info]
name = "Millionaire Fighting"
author = "Markworth"
localcoord = 640,480 
;Original by Drachir
;Edit by Mayar

^ I'm not sure if this is the same person (as in NotAGoodName)

Seriously?  I'm not sure what more you can possibly need than the fact that my YouTube video from mid 2011 demonstrates a super early version of my screenpack that this was obviously based on.

Welp, ok.  Here's my You've already seen that the original thread posted from the old forum.  Here's an image from it.

l.png

If you check the properties for this image, it has a timestamp of September 2011.  Yes, it's hosted on MySpace.  I used MySpace for hosting images back then.  Not sure if I can even upload to MySpace anymore.  Quite a bit of pixel art went into to making this screen look right.

o1tAc.png

Here's an image from Taybear's earlier MFG thread.  This is timestamped June 02, 2012.  It's just a recolor of my work.

Do I need to post a slideshow of his SFF vs my old one that I just uploaded or are we done here?

*edit*

And yes, I am Tim Markworth.  All of my characters are released under my real name.

But the fact now is the VS screen in this released version has been edited.

It's an edit of an edit. What do you think was gonna happen? 

Gee, I don't know.  Maybe that I get some credit for my work which is obviously still on display in this version?  Or that Drachir and Mayar get some credit.  Or that things like "Edit and do whatever you want just credit me for the original base I guess. :]" are interpreted for what they are which is credit theft.

Again, this is not in the edits section and in no way is it acknowledged that this or his previous version is an edit.  I don't know what more proof you want that this is credit theft.  I have proven that I created and released my screenpack in September 2011.  Taybear has proven that he is unwilling to give me credit for my work.  It doesn't matter that he edited my work and then edited it again.  It's still my work that he edited and didn't give me credit for.

You want credit for a version of the screenpack I did two years ago?

And as they've been saying, credit isn't required.

I don't know what part of your ego is telling you that me putting your name on a screenpack that I edited 2 years ago is going to change the fact that people will still see it as my edit.

I'm not going to fight with someone ever a mugen screenpack, Imagine how many people have showed their families and friends their mugens telling them "I made this game" using your screenpack? You think those people care that someone else actually made it? that on a file inside of the folders that they don't understand, there's a name on it, that they don't care about? 

Most users don't even look at the def file for it to really even matter. I blatantly stated I edited this screenpack, and here I'll do it again. It's an edit. I'm sure everyone understands that. I've been editing screenpacks for years. I found your original screenpack on a warehousing site, back in like early 2012, I was still a young kid having fun with gaming stuff, I didn't know about credit and stuff back then, I really didn't care either. had you honestly not been rude about it and PM'ed me letting me know that you were the original author, I would've gladly added your name to the post giving credit where it's deserved.

TL;DR

I'm not a mean person, I've edited other peoples stuff before and if there was no author to credit and they mesaged me letting me know, I add their name. I mean, look at the first post. lol.

If you would've kindly let me know rather than do what you did, your name would've been added and that would've been it.

I'm done. Mods, if y'all want to delete all of these stupid posts. Feel free, I'll add his name once he messages me like an adult and asks for credit without being rude.

You want credit for a version of the screenpack I did two years ago?

And as they've been saying, credit isn't required.

I don't know what part of your ego is telling you that me putting your name on a screenpack that I edited 2 years ago is going to change the fact that people will still see it as my edit.

I'm not going to fight with someone ever a mugen screenpack, Imagine how many people have showed their families and friends their mugens telling them "I made this game" using your screenpack? You think those people care that someone else actually made it? that on a file inside of the folders that they don't understand, there's a name on it, that they don't care about? 

^^THIS.

Tim, the Tay's version is NOT THE SAME VERSION of yours. Tay made/edit this screenpack a long time ago and your version is an edit of CvS2 Mayar's screenpack that is an edit of CvS2 Drachir's screenpack (in other words, your MF is an edit of an edit).

I don't want to protect Tay or something like that, but your asking for credits doesn't make any sense.

So the only person that Tay could give credit and he already did that, this person is Shiyo Kakuge/Tatsu.