Palette

Tyler

Question

7 answers to this question

there is no program for that.

you need to redo the pallete yourself manually and place all the colors a the bottom.

Fighter Factory DOES allow you to drag and drop colors, however it WILL mess up your palette for the character (as everything shifts over)

I know Paintshop Pro and Photoshop export their palettes in reverse order. However, as long as the palette looks fine and isn't too messy, the order of colors really doesn't matter that much. Why do you require the colors be on the bottom row?

Just try using FF3's palette editor and import sprite features.  If you get lucky with it, you might be able to import the sprite and use the right indexes using the adapt sprite/image functions.  It's less effective if there's more redundant colors in the palette.

something i do in !draw is.

i would export 1 sprite from the made character, and open it in !draw

once its open i would make a new image in !draw, say 500x500, !draw is a nice program because it keeps the previous image's palette.

once i get the new blank image with the palette i need, I would copy and paste the new sprites into the old palette.

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND USING THE DEFAULT SPRITE PALETTES, Alternate colors will most likely not work.

after i put the sprites in the file. i save the file.

then i start to chop the sheet up and then readd the sprites to the SFF.

because they now carry the same color.