Алексей

[Preview]

552f0ac38506d.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d70fq_bwHLs

[Download]

http://mugencoder.com/authors/details/277

[info]

Hey Everyone,

I'm happy to announce my latest release: Red Ranger. He's a small, aggressive, fighting machine and he's here for your mugen. Enjoy it while supplies last (for as long as my bandwidth holds up. :P)

Changelog:

5/31/2015

- Allowed all air normals to hit high

- Allowed all crouch normals to hit low

- Split Super Power Sword into level 1 and 2 variants

-- Level 1: QCFx2+X, Level 2: QCFx2+Y

- Split Power Wave Burst into level 1 and 2 variants

-- Level 2: QCFx2+A, Level 2: QCFx2+B

- Mapped Power Bolt to QCBx2+X and QCBx2+Y

5/26/2015

- Fixed run-in intro

- Adjusted Frame-data on most moves

- Changed animation times to be a little speedier

- Increased super command buffers and times for slightly easier input

- Adjusted AI - It's much more brutal now.

- Added voices

- Added a lose-by-time-over animation

4/16/2015

- Release Date

Readme:

# Red Ranger's Readme #

## Information ##

Name: Red Ranger

Series: Mighty Morhpin' Power Rangers

Version Date: 5/31/2015

Description: Jason Lee Scott is a fictional major character in the Power Rangers franchise, played by actor Austin St. John. Jason is best remembered as the original Red Ranger from the first entry of the franchise, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, as well as the leader of the original team of Power Rangers. Jason is given the Power Coin of the Tyrannosaurus "Dinozord" (a type of Transformer-esque robot), obtains the Tyrannosaurus Dinozord. He leads the Rangers into many successful battles against Rita's monsters, establishing a rivalry with Rita's number one henchman Goldar.

### Credits and Special Thanks ###

Me: for coding and effects

Omega: for sprite rips, custom sprites, edits and moveset

Saban & Toei: for creating Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Kyoryu Sentai Zyurangers in Japan)

Banpresto: for creating Mighty Morphin Power Rangers The Movie (Genesis)

Natsume : for creating Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and MMPR The Movie (Snes)

Capcom : for Capcom Fighting Jam sounds.

Balthazar: for the portrait artwork and random support

Daeron: for smoothing some of the sprites and random support

Timur Demir: for giving the idea about creating red ranger.

Elecbyte: for Mugen

You: for playing

## Moveset ##

Red Ranger plays like a mix between old fighters and new-age, comboers. Using a 4-button layout, the "x" and "y" buttons are used for light and powerful punches, while the "a" and "b" buttons are used for light and powerful kicks respectively. Lighter moves are safer and deal less damage, while heaver moves do more damage and are far less safe. Lighter moves usually allow for a higher range of movement as well.

### Legend ###

[Move Name]: [Command Sequence] (- [Power Requirement])

[Description]

- [Notes]

P: x OR y

K: a OR b

QC: Quarter Circle

F: Forward

B: Backward

x2: Repeat the preceeding command twice

### Specials ###

Power Kick: QCF+K

Red Ranger lunges forward with his leg extended. The force of this kick knocks the enemy far back.

Rising Kick: QCB+K

Red Ranger pushes himself into the air, knocking the enemy above upwards.

- This can also be used in the air.

Uppercut: QCF+P

As the name implies, Red Ranger attempts to knock the enemy.

Power Sword: FQCF+P

With extreme force, Red Ranger swings his sword forward and up in an arc.

Power Sword Slash: QCB+P

Red Ranger does a vertical, downward slash.

Throw: Hold(F or B)x+y

Red Ranger grabs the enemy and throws them away.

### Supers ###

Super Power Sword: QCFx2+x - 1000 OR QCFx2+y - 2000

Like Power Sword, Red Ranger arcs into the air with a huge slash.

Power Wave Burst: QCFx2+a - 1000 OR QCFx2+b - 2000

Red Ranger slashes downwards with enough force to send a wave of bursting energy barrelling towards the enemy.

Power Bolt: QCBx2+x OR QCBx2+y - 3000

Calling forth the power of lightning, Red Ranger summons a huge bolt to destroy the enemy.

- There's a consideral amount of interruptable time during the summon.

## Conclusion ##

Red Ranger was a small side project that I did upon request by Omega. This was an exception to my rule of no requests, but was well worth it. I enjoyed making him and while I know nothing about Power Rangers at all, I tried my best to make his gameplay very fun. He can't combo everything, but he does have some very good ones. See what you can pull off and as always, enjoy!

Me too, never thought Alexei will cross from Naruto to Power Ranger XD. Overall thank you so much for making this, at last we have a decent Red Ranger in mugen!

Can we expect more...White Ranger maybe...?

Hmm, well I know I've created quite the reputation for myself with that NZCR project (still in progress by the way), but I like branching off into new things from time to time. To be honest, I think this was a one-time thing. I'm not, erm... exactly a fan of Power Rangers, lol. There was a lot of support and motive from Omega on this one.

Hmm, well I know I've created quite the reputation for myself with that NZCR project (still in progress by the way), but I like branching off into new things from time to time. To be honest, I think this was a one-time thing. I'm not, erm... exactly a fan of Power Rangers, lol. There was a lot of support and motive from Omega on this one.

Fair enough man, still thank you so much for making this Red Ranger. To be honest, I'm also not a fans of Power Ranger, I'm more to Kamen Rider franchise however this Mighty Morphin Ranger is no doubt one of my favourite show back when I was still a kid, so it brings back good-old memories :)

Fair enough man, still thank you so much for making this Red Ranger. To be honest, I'm also not a fans of Power Ranger, I'm more to Kamen Rider franchise however this Mighty Morphin Ranger is no doubt one of my favourite show back when I was still a kid, so it brings back good-old memories :)

No problem, man. I'm glad to hear it. :) I have a few friends are really into Ultraman, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider and Power Rangers. I'll never get it, but hey, at least someone enjoys it.

• 1 month later...

Red Ranger's been updated!

- Fixed run-in intro

- Adjusted Frame-data on most moves

- Changed animation times to be a little speedier

- Increased super command buffers and times for slightly easier input

- Adjusted AI - It's much more brutal now.

- Added voices

- Added a lose-by-time-over animation

he NEEDS chip damage in order to actually do anything due to how limited his spriteset is. So that stays.

But normals don't cause chip damage on block unless the game is Mortal Kombat. It's a basic rule. Maybe if his mixup potential was increased with more overheads and low attacks, he wouldn't need it.

if you think ranger is cheap you would be wrong. Seriously try to fight anything with good ai or let his ai try to do it. He barely wins when he actually does win. Secondly you don't play enough anime fighters cause alot of the ones I have played DO have that besides MK.

if you think ranger is cheap you would be wrong. Seriously try to fight anything with good ai or let his ai try to do it. He barely wins when he actually does win. Secondly you don't play enough anime fighters cause alot of the ones I have played DO have that besides MK.

When the hell did I say Red Ranger was cheap? If anything, he's underpowered because, although he has beautiful combo potential, he has a hard time against turtlers like guile because he has no mixups. He can throw, but that's pretty much the only answer he has to blocking opponents because he has no overheads to beat crouching blocks and no low attacks to beat standing blocks. He has chip damage on his normals, but that really isn't a traditional thing in fighting games. What games have you played that has chip damage on normals?

He still doesn't have any overheads/low attacks, which sucks because I love juggling with this guy. More on topic, I remember Alexei said he wouldn't add voices because he couldn't find clean rips. I wonder where he found the voices for this char?

Edit: by no overheads, I mean that the air attacks do not hit high. This is also a pretty big rule.