[NS] Nintendo Switch : The New Nintendo system

Galvatron

https://games.yahoo.com/news/nintendos-nx-surprise-innovate-iwata-114500290.html

A few weeks ago Nintendo company annouced a possibility of another Game console in development. Doe we don't know when this New system will come around (something tells me It could be between the year 2017-2020) but this could be awesome. :-)

Also Nintendo is planning on making games on mobile devices meaning Tablets, PC, and smartphones will have official Nintendo games available for them.

Edit topic:

As this was announced last week.. the reveal of the new Nintendo system known as the Nintendo Switch (NS) which is a hybrid gaming system that can be portable from home to traveling..

to me it looks like a combination of a home console Handheld and a tablet in one.. very creative i say... :-)

Nintendoomed!!!! on the mobile games(sarcasm)

Srsly though, I would like to see this released late 2018- early 2019. Though I'm sure it will be something like late 2017 - early 2018. I'm hoping it is a Console/Handheld fusion system. 

Nintendoomed!!!! on the mobile games(sarcasm)

Srsly though, I would like to see this released late 2018- early 2019. Though I'm sure it will be something like late 2017 - early 2018. I'm hoping it is a Console/Handheld fusion system. 

LOL! Well at least they are not doomed like Saga (no offense to the Sonic fans) 

but At least Nintendo may be trying to do a more different approach to the New console instead of upgrading the same hardware. which may make them more liable to have more enhanced graphics plus more third-party gaming support.

• 6 months later...

[topic bump]

http://www.theverge.com/2015/10/16/9550025/nintendo-nx-details-chips-mobile-component

Rumors are starting to circulate about what the new NX system will be like. and according to this report the system will might be a hybrid of both a normal Console and mobile (or handheld) device. Also it suppose to have features that can compete with ps4, and Xbox1 that will have third-party support. we might get more details about this later on next year. :-P

• 2 months later...

[Topic bump]

some updated news about the upcoming Nintendo NX:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/06/nintendo-to-unveil-nx-concept-before-e3-says-analyst?watch

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/01/06/nintendo-nx-reveal-june/

http://news.yahoo.com/possible-details-nintendos-nx-console-192205006.html?nf=1

.. according to these reports the Nintendo co. are planing on revealing the NX system this coming summer around June 2016. They are also planning on releasing the console around  late this year or early 2017. I think we might get some first look at some new games around that time too. :-P

5 hours ago, DarkWolf13 said:

I hope this Nintendo NX system would be good... till then I can only wonder of its looks in appearance and how will it handles games...

Me too.... If the rumors are true then this could be what Nintendo co. needs to keep its company alive in the long run.

Now I can imagine if the games they make can be use for both Home and handheld (like a LoZ game or rpg) where you are in a middle of a boss battle but you have to go out to see someone or go to work, you use the handheld section of the system and you save or pause where you stopped at in the game. and you take the handheld part with you.

that be cool in mind perspective. :goodmood:

[topic bump]

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/15/nintendo-in-2016-nx-details-anime-and-more-coming

..Little more about the upcoming NX where Nintendo is planning on keeping the 3DS (maybe for few more year) while they gives out some planning on some games and also having Anime series base on their Licensed characters. The current president also is looking forward on raising the profit of the company in the next 4 years.

Some Anime series eh?..

Well I hope to see:

Kid Icuras

Metroid

Star Fox

F-zero ( remastered)

Fire-Emblem (hopefully base from FE: awakaning)

....those to be Anime series if thats what their planning. Also wonder if this is a hint for them having  Stream TV/movie networks (Netflex, Youtube, etc.)  on their next system?

that would be nice. :goodmood:

• 4 weeks later...

More news about the NX:

http://venturebeat.com/2016/02/09/nintendo-wants-investors-to-wait-for-nx-and-smartphone-business-before-expecting-big-profits/

..It seems Nintendo Co. is starting  preparations for the release on the New game system and Apps for smart-devices as they plan to make big profit for the company. I just hope they can influence more third-party support they really need it. :-P

• 3 months later...

I know this late news but:

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/nintendo-nx-games-nintendo-president-promises-strong-launch-lineup-530724

As everyone probly knows already that the Release of the NX will be delayed until next year Spring/summer time 2017. Personally I say its for the best on Nintendo Co. Part so they can work on some kinks on it and plus gives them a chance for try to impress more third-party support. Also considering the Earthquake situation that happen over at japan a couple months ago I say its a good thing for them to regroup.

Lucky for Nintendo Co. they still have Gamefreak still helping them out in profits thanks to the pokemon series.

I'm late on this stuff but how interesting to hear this news!

Also nintendo going to other platforms sounds like the wii u failing bit them hard. It looks like it's going to go down hill like Sega did back then. It's going to be the sega dream cast all over again. Hopefully they can recover from this like they did with the virtual boy. Also a fusion of mobile phone and console gaming/handheld??? Didn't Nokia try that like 10 years ago? I remember that failing pretty bad but for Nintendo well who knows? Then again, it could be like Philips CD-i disaster :P

I haven't been feeling Nintendo's last games lately and they are getting tiresome now. Maybe it will be the companies end finally in 5the console war and will instead live out on other systems? Nothing really lasts forever - that's for true. :/

4 hours ago, AxSeeker said:

I haven't been feeling Nintendo's last games lately and they are getting tiresome now. Maybe it will be the companies end finally in 5the console war and will instead live out on other systems? Nothing really lasts forever - that's for true. :/

I hate to admit but that could be the case however they are starting in branching out to mobile gaming which could hint that in the few years or so its possible they and other game companies won't be doing gaming consoles but mostly be streaming considering Nintendo Co. does have that option for their games to be downloadable.... :-P

Hopefully this stupid console wars nonsense will eventually come to an end. The technology is quickly growing to where the tech is growing quicker and better than consoles AND getting cheaper and smaller to produce. Maybe all these gaming companies will run out one day and only the gaming titles will be downloadable to some kind of all purpose gaming device. Surprisingly more people are playing phone and internet games than anything else I hear now a-days. The graphic capabilities are very close to being lifelike now also, it shouldn't be too long now to finally reach the maximum limit to where there can't be any more system improvements and in these latest systems, almost every exclusive feature has been done to death on all existing systems such as massive storage, voice chat, movie streaming, internet, wireless, and all that junk with HD everything. :P

There really isn't anything new they can add to top over the other competing systems as of late. 3D was a gimmick in itself during the whole, "New TV you have to buy now because it's 3D".

I guess we're still waiting for holograms and virtual reality but really it's going to be nothing much better than what we are all ready getting and could also end up to be nothing more than another gimmick possibly as well.

Needless to say I was also surprised when they brought back motion controls as well as kinect. Some of you might not remember but this technology was all ready tried years ago before with mostly disastrous results.

• 4 weeks later...

{topic bump}

http://screenrant.com/warner-bros-support-nintendo-nx/

according to new rumors it seems the WB company could be supporting Nintendo with the new NX system. If this is possible we might see some game titles like Mortal Kombat, DC games, and others for the console. this could benefit Nintendo Co. well but we will wait and see by next year.

• 4 months later...

Topic update:

I know this is late news but Nintendo just reveal its new gaming system last week known as the Nintendo Switch (posted trailer on the first post.)

It looks awesome.. :-D

I hope it won't be too pricy when next March comes around.

just keeping things updated here i looked up some things about the NS and I see these are samples of the third party support this system will get:

83879b62d70b213c0ccf5af39a991c08-dalqntu

Wow! Warner Bro. and EA is on this thing too . Man this is something im looking forward too... :goodmood:

• 2 months later...

As announced the showcase of the Nintendo Switch will be lived at Tokyo on January 12 and will be streamed on the net on the 13th...

we will finally see what the first games are going to be when the system be released..:goodmood:

12 minutes ago, Infinite Kyo said:

idk why people are such assholes about this it looks pretty epic its got Skyrim ffs breath of the wild looks awesome too now I'm just waiting for Smash 4 to be announced with all the DLC

Yeah people are tearing that console and presentation to pieces. I'm not surprised though. Most are trolls, and the others are people who expect too much just to end up getting disappointed. I do think paying for online sucks but I don't play many games online anyway. No big loss for me.

1 xenoblade 2
2 splatoon 2
3 shin megami tensei
4 Mario odyssey
5 no more heroes 3
6 fire emblem warriors
7 skyrim
8 arms
9 1 2 switch
10 fifa
11 Zelda Breath Of The Wild
12Disgaea5
13Dbz Xenoverse 2

14 Mario Kart 8

15 Ultra Street Fighter 2 HD 

I think those were all the games shown? Hope more are shown tomorrow. Was hoping for Smash Bros. Port or that Pokemon Stars people have mentioned.

4 hours ago, Infinite Kyo said:

idk why people are such assholes about this it looks pretty epic its got Skyrim ffs breath of the wild looks awesome too now I'm just waiting for Smash 4 to be announced with all the DLC

cause folks might wanted more then they wanted as like other games sponsored from other well known third party companies.

3 hours ago, Egnaro said:

Yeah people are tearing that console and presentation to pieces. I'm not surprised though. Most are trolls, and the others are people who expect too much just to end up getting disappointed. I do think paying for online sucks but I don't play many games online anyway. No big loss for me.

me either i say this looks promising....considering it may be more on it then we expected.. :goodmood:

anyways for folks who missed the presentation:

MAMA MIAAA..... I wanted to buy this console after its release but looks like this is toooooo expensive! maybe I have to wait........ (I'm waiting).............(I said I'm waiting)...............(HMph)........(Urgh, this is stil expensive) !!!!

:jackiechan: