Rentaro Satomi : Fighting Climax

Hellzone

The time has come for me to share my work with the mugen community! I put alot of work into him and i'm happy to be sharing him with the community. All Feedback with only help me make him a better character

2h58x09.jpg

He is coded to localcoord = 1280,720, we will play just fine in this res and his effects and size will be scaled properly without having to scale him.

*copied from the read me file

I do not own this game and i coded rentaro based off his showcase video on youtube

I also used this site as a refrence

Thanks To Everyone Who Tested Rentaro
-Ryon
-kasierHero
-Genesis
-ultra Fatility

Rentaro is 3 Button (x,y,z)

Special Move List

Gunfire EX
d,f,x+y

Homura Hasen Ex
D,B,x+y

Inzen Shoukahanameishi EX  
D,B,x+y

Unebiko Ryuu  
D,x+y

Impact Breaker   
B,x+y

Final Strike  
F,D,B,y+z

Inzen-Kokutei  
B,D,B,y+z

I don't mind the lifebars, but the size..

2v2tcg9.jpg

I have a feeling that it has to do with the localchoord, but looks small in that screenshot. Anyway, I'll give him a test asap. I'll let you know what he needs for a fix.

Edit: This is a slightly small (or big) feedback, cause not sure if I can take it anymore:

-Due to the localchoord thing, some of his effects are harger than him (and can go over him too).

-His landing sound acts in a weird way when he lands.

-His crouch normals are missing hitsounds.

-His air normal hitsounds is Rentaro's voice (not kidding).

-Wrong sound for his gunfire (It's a shooting sound, not a "super-startup" sound).

-His "Strong" (or Z) Gunfire makes it look like he's shooting downwards as a start, but shoots straight anyway.

-Weak Homura Hasen has a mis-aligned hitspark (will show screenshot later)

-Strong (or Z) Homura Hasen is too slow.

-Super start-up is off (takes a bit too long for him to fire his gun).

-Normal Z doesn't act like that in-game (no pause/slowdown).

-Not only that, his follow-up feels empty (no hitsounds too).

-Crouch Auto-combo is wrong (It's performed pressing crouching light 3 times, then he goes to an auto combo. But even, then, the auto-combo is the same when he's standing uo, in-game mind you).

-Final Strike's command is wrong (It's actually F, D, B, Y+Z)

-In fact, his climax arts uses Med+Strong (Y+Z), not Weak+med (X+Y)

This is all by testing Rentaro for no more than 2 mins. I would go more in-depth on him, but this is all I can take. He needs A LOT more work to be done before he is considered complete. Right now, this feels like an unfinished work that needs more (and I do mean more) time to fix up.

Yeah, he is WAY to small.

I suggest instead of using localcoord, you use x, y scale. 0.33 would be a good value for both the height and width. I personally prefer 0.36 though as I use that particular value for the height and width of my DBFC/UNIB characters.

2v2tcg9.jpg

I have a feeling that it has to do with the localchoord, but looks small in that screenshot. Anyway, I'll give him a test asap. I'll let you know what he needs for a fix.

Edit: This is a slightly small (or big) feedback, cause not sure if I can take it anymore:

-Due to the localchoord thing, some of his effects are harger than him (and can go over him too).

-His landing sound acts in a weird way when he lands.

-His crouch normals are missing hitsounds.

-His air normal hitsounds is Rentaro's voice (not kidding).

-Wrong sound for his gunfire (It's a shooting sound, not a "super-startup" sound).

-His "Strong" (or Z) Gunfire makes it look like he's shooting downwards as a start, but shoots straight anyway.

-Weak Homura Hasen has a mis-aligned hitspark (will show screenshot later)

-Strong (or Z) Homura Hasen is too slow.

-Super start-up is off (takes a bit too long for him to fire his gun).

-Normal Z doesn't act like that in-game (no pause/slowdown).

-Not only that, his follow-up feels empty (no hitsounds too).

-Crouch Auto-combo is wrong (It's performed pressing crouching light 3 times, then he goes to an auto combo. But even, then, the auto-combo is the same when he's standing uo, in-game mind you).

-Final Strike's command is wrong (It's actually F, D, B, Y+Z)

-In fact, his climax arts uses Med+Strong (Y+Z), not Weak+med (X+Y)

This is all by testing Rentaro for no more than 2 mins. I would go more in-depth on him, but this is all I can take. He needs A LOT more work to be done before he is considered complete. Right now, this feels like an unfinished work that needs more (and I do mean more) time to fix up.

Thank you for the feedback, this will only make him better

Sorry if I'm kind of late of this (Just woke up), but:

he is made for HD mugen.

NOT 4:3 regular mugen.

you need 1280,720 resolution mugen to truely enjoy him.

Just like my Akira and all the other HD characters.

I would agree to this, if it weren't for the fact that his supposed small portrait is around 100x100 size, which is weird till I realized that he's using the localchoord to squish it a bit (and try to fit it) on a 640x480 resolution. Unless a 100x100 size for a small portrait is the standard size for HD Mugen, I'm not buying it.

Also, according to the release screenshot Hellzone use as a preview, he uses a 640x480 res'd (not a word, but had to shorten it) Mugen rather than a 1280x720 res'd Mugen; A.k.a what he's supposed to play on in the 1st place.

Some feedback:

The hitboxes for all Gun Shoot specials (except the Standing Med varient) are off-time with the effects.

The Gun Shoot effects for all (except the Standing Med varient) are misaligned too.

Why is there no diag-up fire effect for the Standing Hard Gun Shoot special?

The pushback for all aerial Gun Shot specials is delayed and not in-time with the actual shot.

Also, why are there no gun fire sound effects?

No sound effects for the Back Dash either.

LP + MP is an infinite.

Even though LP + HP is supposed to use up 1 meter level in order to be used, it can be used while having less than 1 meter level.

Regarding the infinite Ghost was talking about.

The attack doesn't have cooldown.

Some feedback:

The hitboxes for all Gun Shoot specials (except the Standing Med varient) are off-time with the effects.

The Gun Shoot effects for all (except the Standing Med varient) are misaligned too.

Why is there no diag-up fire effect for the Standing Hard Gun Shoot special?

The pushback for all aerial Gun Shot specials is delayed and not in-time with the actual shot.

Also, why are there no gun fire sound effects?

No sound effects for the Back Dash either.

LP + MP is an infinite.

Even though LP + HP is supposed to use up 1 meter level in order to be used, it can be used while having less than 1 meter level.

Thank you for the feedback! i've been working on all of the bugs

• 3 months later...

Well so far I tested him out to fight against Rakurai Miyuki Shiba. The attacks and timing are still needed adjustments. Now I maybe not the smartest cookie when doing coding, but do edit the inputs as well. Make it... a bit difficult to pull of the Climax arts. Like, HCF (B,DB,D,DF,F or B,D,DF,F for shortcut) or HCB.

Well, you get the Idea. Because I was hoping to use him in future battles, and includes my first time using a Dengeki fighter. He's a good fighting character even though I never watched the anime.