Ghost Killer's sprites and stuff

Sir Ghostler

Hi-res is overrated and it always looks awful if it isn't done by a paid professional. I say stick to low-res, it looks great if done right, it is the most widely used, and it's much easier and faster than the alternative...well usually all this is true, there are some exceptions of course but typically all this is generally true.

7 hours ago, AxSeeker said:

Hi-res is overrated and it always looks awful if it isn't done by a paid professional. I say stick to low-res, it looks great if done right, it is the most widely used, and it's much easier and faster than the alternative...well usually all this is true, there are some exceptions of course but typically all this is generally true.

Well, I am still trying to get better at doing DBFC/UNIB styled sprites as I do want to reach the level of professional in that style. It's really the only HD style I enjoy spriting in and have experience with. I may try to learn other HD/HR styles later on. Yeah, LR stuff generally is faster and easier, but it can kinda depend on the style, at least for the latter. I sometimes find it harder due to the small amount of space for adding in details.

Saying this, I want to continue practicing in both resolutions. I'll be focusing on DBFC/UNIB stuff for the most part until I finish some of my current projects that are in said style (Akira, Eltnum, etc). I'll still be doing some LR stuff every now and then though.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ゴーストキラー said:

DBFC/UNIB Nrvnqsr Chaos.

img    RkawQrp.png

Left version is more accurate to the original Melty Blood sprites while the right is more accurate to his MBAA artwork. All drawn and filled in completely from scratch.

Awesome! :-D

8 hours ago, ゴーストキラー said:

DBFC/UNIB Nrvnqsr Chaos.

img    RkawQrp.png

Left version is more accurate to the original Melty Blood sprites while the right is more accurate to his MBAA artwork. All drawn and filled in completely from scratch.

I'm not sure what, but something about the face looks off.

Great job though.

11 hours ago, Galvatron said:

Awesome! :-D

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Arturia Skywalker said:

I'm not sure what, but something about the face looks off.

Great job though.

Yeah, I had a lot of trouble trying to make the face look right. I'll take another look at it.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, GarchompMatt said:

I think it's the nose.

I think part of it is the shadowing underneath it. 

59 minutes ago, Ex☆Cham said:

Seem to be theing better with Artwork to Sprite conversions uh? Neat-o~

Hey man you have a Deviant or pixiv account?

Thanks. I really hope I've been improving over the last few months.

I only have a Pixiv account, but I never post anything on it. Should I?

DBFC/UNIB Elesia (Vampire Ciel)

3gbGxR3.png

Did this last year. I traced over her artwork from Kagetsu Tohya. While technically being finished, I meant to draw a bottom half but never got around to it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DBFC/UNIB Hikage.

yFvGovK.png

Omg, this too me way too long. I got really burned out on this, so I'll be coming back to it at some point to add in some extra details and shadowing. I based the pose on a figure of her.

On 4/5/2016 at 4:22 PM, Dronekiller said:

So, your French Bread Spriting Style ? Is this your own fun or get requested by someone?

Btw. Those look good one, I've don't even know

Sorry for the late reply. I very rarely take requests due to my tendency of getting burned out and not working on them. When I start taking them, I'd announce it via a status update or something. Thanks.

2 hours ago, ゴーストキラー said:

Sorry for the late reply. I very rarely take requests due to my tendency of getting burned out and not working on them. When I start taking them, I'd announce it via a status update or something. Thanks.

No problem, I've see this from beginning post. By using exist sprite part body and redrawn into original look, is that right??

6 hours ago, Dronekiller said:

No problem, I've see this from beginning post. By using exist sprite part body and redrawn into original look, is that right??

Yes, I usually redraw over low-res sprites or pieces of artwork. I plan to do a sprite using zero references when the time is right.

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2016 at 5:13 PM, Dronekiller said:

Looks Good. btw, my suggestion to this sprite if animated, just focus on feet, hair, ear, and ponytail. also keep going...

Sorry for the late reply, but thanks. Idk if I'll animate it, but that's what I'd do if I did.

Omg, I haven't showed anything here in ages. And for once, it isn't a sprite:

Spoiler

npcQzI2.png

enqzgTp.png

I plan to color it once the lineout is done.

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2016 at 2:44 PM, Ex☆Cham said:

Oh, Trying to replicate the style of the ports? I like the coloring style coz from far apparently the ports does not use too many colors so may be easy to color your lines.

Yep. I've always liked the simplistic yet sleek style of the ports. Coloring should be relatively easy, it's just inking all the fine lines which is painful. Yeah, I'm still stuck on this part.

New sprite, SFV Bison in CPS2 style.

WwjjjnV.png

• 1 month later...

FJCbG7X.pngbt8j0iD.png

UNIB(ish) Berserker Lancelot and DBFC Nu-13. The latter was a sprite conversion. I'm working on more sprites, I should be able to show them soon. Two of which are nearly done.

I am now uploading my stuff to my Pixiv account. Sometimes there will be stuff I'll only post there. Here's my ID if you want to check it out: http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=13446648