[3DS] Fire Emblem: IF/ Fates

Galvatron

I don't know about Yall but I'm so hype about this since it was annouced in 'Nintendo Direct'  a month ago.

As a big FE fan Im looking forward to this. :awesome

[ I hope they still have the relationship simulation like they did in FE: Awakaning]

:goodmood:

• 2 weeks later...

Even though its only one trailer for this FE but according to this Vid this does explain alot of things that maybe whats going on in this one. :-P

Some name of the characters are also revealed.

[Edit post]

Spoiler

Just to give more details about the characters shown on this Vid:

Old man King could be Marex's father????? (3:33)

Mystrious dancer [Main Focus Character of this FE] ????(3:24)

Kasie Hona (5:50)

blond armored girl ??? (7:00)

Hanoka (8:57)

Felicia (maid) (9:30)

blue/green hair Maid ??? (9:30)

Prince dude name 'Comuay' ??? (10:05)

Gongs [guy talking to the prince] (10:07)

Marex (10:33)

Dancer Mages ??? (12:10)

Unknown Entity??? (13:33)

A Samurai General ???(14:02)

Sorry if I spelled some the characters names wrong but its close to what is revealed so far. :-P

• 4 weeks later...

Little late on this but this video shows about the up coming new Fire Emblem: IF which will be coming out in Japan 6/25/2015 (US release may be coming this fall or next year.)

It seems they are taking a 'pokemon' approach where you have to either buy one of the two version either you chose one side or the other. However their will be a DLC where the protagonist goes on its own side without joining any of the two kingdoms. Sounds pretty Awesome! :-D

• 1 month later...

The thing that makes me like this game even more now is that fact they took out that weapon durability system from Awakening. I am kinda confused though. Do you have to buy both versions (to experience both stories)  or just 1 Then buy the dlc story from the e-shop? 

Do you have to buy both versions (to experience both stories)  or just 1 Then buy the dlc story from the e-shop? 

Well you can buy one side and the other half-price with the DLC included. However that deal only effects with the Japan release. I'm not sure if it will happens the same way for the US/EU release. :-P

• 1 month later...

[topic bump]

Well the game has been already released in Japan However the western release will come in 2016 as annouced:

Trailer from E3:

Also the title in the US/Eur will be called FE: Fates. really looking foward to this next year. :goodmood:

• 3 weeks later...

[Topic bump}

Since the game been out for awhile in Japan Many characters has been revealed:

[Spoiler Warning!]

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_characters_in_Fire_Emblem:_Fates

Two characters that caught my interest are:

Camilla (Nohr-side):

Camilla_zpsvzwwetue.jpg

Charlotte (also Nohr-side):

Charlotte_zpsto1y5ye9.jpg

[edit post]

Both are Actrully one is a Wyvern/Rider and the other is Female fighter-class type unit which is a first in the series.  Very interesting.....:goodmood:

this apparently is also gonna feature lewd content lol which i know will get censored like that dlc in awakening :awesome my main focus once the US release is how strong the amiibos are gonna be on each difficulty.

my bad from the last post. Charlotte is also Nohr-side [corrected]

this apparently is also gonna feature lewd content lol which i know will get censored like that dlc in awakening :awesome my main focus once the US release is how strong the amiibos are gonna be on each difficulty.

Yeah I heard that the Fire Emblem character Amiibos (Marth, Lucina, Ike, Robin, and Roy{in development} ) can be connected to this game. However they will be treated like the Elharjah cards you receive from the DLC FE: Awakening, like Phantoms pretty much. :-)

Of course alot of contents will be censored which is obvious (Why I like import version of games like this). But we all know how that goes. -_-

the roy amiibo struggle will be real next year or this coming holiday :donwan:i really wanted to import this but until i get the cash for a jap 3ds cause nintendo loves to region lock stuff sigh...

the roy amiibo struggle will be real next year or this coming holiday :donwan:i really wanted to import this but until i get the cash for a jap 3ds cause nintendo loves to region lock stuff sigh...

Yeah I feel ya but you know Nintendo co. try to keep things "Child-friendly" as possible but as long as they don't cut way alot from the story itself I'll enjoy this game either way. :goodmood:

[Spoiler Alert]

Besides teaming up units in Skirmishes Like FE: awakening another feature is revealed to up the relationships between units:

[edit post]

(video tooking down by youtube.) :-(

An 'Amie' feature like in pokemon(X/Y; OR/AS) doe this time your are handling human/beast units to increase their relationship with the protagonist. Very interesting for Nintendo to have this in the game. :goodmood:

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Considering I actually enjoyed Awakening, I decided to preorder the Birthright edition through Amazon. Why? Because online shopping is not only faster but also because it's probably going to end up being understocked in stores like so many other products of Nintendo's have been at launch date.

...Honestly, I have no idea why that is.

On 12/27/2015 at 7:23 PM, Mettaton said:

Considering I actually enjoyed Awakening, I decided to preorder the Birthright edition through Amazon. Why? Because online shopping is not only faster but also because it's probably going to end up being understocked in stores like so many other products of Nintendo's have been at launch date.

...Honestly, I have no idea why that is.

in cases like that you can blame on game data downloads you can do on Nintendo eshop. Considering you can directly buy the game when its release on the network, Also (doe some people still don't realize this) getting the game directly download to your 3DS is more convenient cause in case something happens to your data or your game system you can always    re-download the game without repurchasing it goes the same with DLCs, as well when it comes down to getting another new 3DS and you can transfer your system data and still      download the games without extra cost.

Also when it comes to rpg & jrpg games like FE, stores like 'Gamestop' only gets limited copies per-store.

On 12/8/2015 at 5:26 AM, Captain Papyrus said:

Now that S-support and love confessions and shipping are confirmed to return from Awakening, I now feel the more uncomfortable by the fact that this is a Nintendo game that allows you to marry your own sister.

Hidden Content

Well put it this way. This series is still base on Medieval times. During those days Princes and Kings can Marry their on blood even if they are cousins or step-sisters. It dosn't sound right but its a fact.

• 4 weeks later...

[topic bump]

Just to let everyone know the release of FE: Fates/if both 'Birthright' and 'Conquest' will be out on February 19 2016 (US), and special DLC version 'Revelation' will be out on March 10, 2016 (US)

Also some news about a sudden event in the game that will be censored when released to the (US) region :

https://games.yahoo.com/news/fire-emblem-fates-changes-necessary-123300969.html

..of course we will be expecting other things to be censored in this game as well. (why I wish I had a import 3ds system :-(  )

Now just like when it was released in Japan the cost of one version will be $40 getting the other will cost $20 when purchasing the first one you buy and the DLC of Revelation more likely come free if you have one or the other actually it only come free if you get the special addition which come with both games.

[topic bump]

Well as alot of us figure that this mini-game will be removed when its released to (US):

http://www.polygon.com/2016/1/26/10837900/fire-emblem-fates-petting-minigame-localization-changes

And for those who want to know what and how it goes:

Spoiler

pretty much is another way to up the relationship of the Units.

...so with that case this may cause some folks to be upset about it considering this could be the easiest way to gain A to S-rank to Units. but as long they try not to take alot away from the main story I'll still get this game.

14 minutes ago, Sweetfire13 said:

The petting mini-game hasn't been removed according to Nintendo.

zREPkEm.png

maybe Not but more likely it will be when its release for the (US) considering the lewd content it has. So its a high chance they are going to cut it out from the game with no doubts knowing how localization is these days. :-P

[Topic bump]

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/4/10920292/fire-emblem-fates-petting-skinship-localization-change

Well it appears as it was true that Nintendo took away the 'petting' mini-game out of the FE: Fates/if. However they didn't take it away entirely:

Spoiler

...so instead of 'petting' the Units with your stylus you just interact with them in their quarters (or in their rooms) and have a brief conversation with the anime visuals.

I think its reasonable considering it only another way to up the relationships with the Protagonist and the units.Doe I hope they have more longer conversations then this.. :-P

21 hours ago, Captain Papyrus said:

And now, imagine doing all of that jazz with your sister!

Yeah i know its not right but then again don't forget the protagonist of this game is not Blood-related to any of the units in this game considering he/she is not really human in the first place.. :-P

and as I said before :

On 12/27/2015 at 7:33 AM, Galvatron said:

Well put it this way. This series is still base on Medieval times. During those days Princes and Kings can Marry their own blood even if they are cousins or step-sisters. It dosn't sound right but its a fact.