Street Fighter IV NES Remake Full Game

D The Red Cloak

In Trin's Goho topic, he said that he is working on Tyson Houbot next.

29g0gut.jpg

So how do you want to do this Trin?

For me, I was thinking that he could have a mix between M.Bison, Geese, and Krauser's moveset.

QCF + x/y: Reppuken - Standard Reppuken.

QCF + xy: EX Reppuken - Faster Three Hit Reppuken.

B,F,B,F + x/y: Psycho Crusher - Standard Psycho Crusher that hit's once.

B,F,B,F + xy: EX Psycho Crusher - Faster Three Hit Psycho Crusher.

D,U, a: Devil Reverse - Tyson does a leap towards the opponent, and doesn't do anything else unless a punch button is pressed while in mid-air, he performs the "reverse": suddenly changing direction in mid-air, flipping upside-down and throwing a Psycho Power-infused punch toward the opponent while descending.

D,U, b: Head Stomp - Tyson leaps into the air and lands perfectly on his opponent's head, in a standing position with his arms folded. He then almost immediately backflips off again, and can optionally be followed up with an energy infused punch by pressing punch some time after jumping off the opponent's head, but before he lands.

D,U, ab: EX Head Stomp - Tyson leaps into the air and lands ontop of his opponent, forcing them to the ground.

QCF + a/b: Slide Kick - Standard Slide Kick that just knocks the opponent over.

QCF + ab: EX Slide Kick - A much faster Slide Kick that knocks the opponent into the air.

(---Supers---)

QCF,QCF, x+y: Kaiser Reppuken - A chargeable version of the Reppuken, the longer Tyson charges, the bigger the energy wave and the more hits it inflicts.

I only have the one Hyper at the moment. If you have any ideas, Please share them.

Actually, I already came up with a default pallette:

Kr75R6q.png

Left is color seperation, right is default pallette.

It's closer to the original game, but still adds some original freshness to it.

Also, I don't think Geese attacks would fit. My idea was to base him more of Bison (but removing the psycho power aspect from it).

He will have Psycho Crusher and Double Kneepress (maybe even M.Bison's head stomp, but I'm not sure about that), but would also get Psycho Shot and Psycho Field from MvC2 (again, with the psycho power aspect removed). However, adding Devil's Reverse or any of M.Bison's newer attacks would make Houbot too much like M.Bison, but I also didn't wanted to kiss Psycho Crusher goodbye either, so I went with the less common Alpha/MvC2 moveset (but with the addition of Psycho Crusher).

But yeah, the hypers would be:

*Heelpress Barrage (M.Bison's Kneepress Nightmare) [LVL1]

*Engulfing Field (super version of M.Bison's Psycho Field that is stationary) [LVL1]

*Final Torpedo (M.Bison's first Ultra from Street Fighter 4, the only Street Fighter 4 attack I'm willing to give him) [LVL3]

His special moves could have those names:

Also, I still don't know what the replacement for the Psycho Power should be. Should it be ice or should it be fire? I'm more leaning towards ice in order to further differentiate him from M.Bison. That way, that's how his specials would be called:

*Psycho Crusher = Icicle Torpedo

*Double Kneepress = Crushing Heels

*Head Press = Brain Battler (okay, that sounds stupid)

*Psycho Shot = Polar Shotgun

*Psycho Field = Arctic Discharge

I see your point for the most part. Also go with the Ice powers, if you use fire, it would clash with the default palette and it might just look like a different variant to the psycho flames.

I do however have other ideas based on what you want, maybe for his Polar Shotgun and Arctic Discharge, the EX version could freeze the opponent.

Another one is that maybe a move based on his Death Tower throw, like a low kick that can chain to a high kick when it hits that sends the enemy upward.

And finally, when I was thinking of doing Houbot myself, I was trying to find voice clips of Auron from Final Fantasy X but I haven't had any luck finding any. Unless you want this guy to have custom voice clips as well.

Wait, Death Tower? Never heard of it... :-/

Also, your freeze idea is good (will use for Icicle Torpedo EX and Polar Shotgun EX and maybe Arctic Discharge EX, but only if Arctic Discharge will get an EX version to begin with).

Also, who's Auron from Final Fantasy X (too lazy to google right now), and will his voice fit Houbot? Because unlike M.Bison, Houbot is actually a normal person (who just happens to have ice powers).

-That's what that one throw is called in POTS version's Readme. It's the one where after trippng the opponent up, he kicks upward with his other leg, holding them up in the air for a bit before throwing them to the other side.

-Auron is one of those Final Fantasy characters whose exploits are legendary. And don't be lazy, you can find clips of him in Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts 2 on youtube, or you can look him up in the Final Fantasy Wiki.

This is an update: It's about the Versus Screen and the Music.

Nice to know. If you're finished with the sprites and I'm finished with Houbot, I'll be more than glad to pick the coding part of Cliff.

Also, I have already set up a more simple version of the upcoming versus screen. I also want to make an "intro" in the versus screen, and I really hope I manage to do that (because I already got half of the needed sprites). But yeah, here is how it currently looks like:

PAXeQob.png

Special effects and proper portraits come later (and it's obvious here that the borders were not made for the default 9000;1, but that's the least of my problems, since the 9000;1 portraits are already placeholders to begin with). Also, if this is ever getting ported to the open-source MUGEN clone IKEMEN, then I can replace the black in the left and right edges with a preview of the stage (like in the Mortal Kombat fullgame MKPO for IKEMEN, but without the Mortal Kombat-ness, obviously).

GREAT NEWS!

I found the program which converts 8-bit music to midi!

With this,I'll be able to cover or remix BSF4's music!

I gotta do this!

Update: Chun Fo Moon has the following done:

-Most of his required sprites except his fall forward and Dizzy state.

- One Intro & Outro

-Has the voice of Soul Calibur's Kilik.

-Four specials done, The Hand Shot, The Prayer Spin, a Counter move and the Focus Attack, both versions.

I will put a video up hopefully not to long from now showing him in action.

Edit: Now I have a video up.

Hmm. The way his attacks are going doesn't look too right. Considering he's a monk i think it be better if they had a bit more force in them. as in making the hittimes and pause times to really give it that feeling. Also, I think the voice could be different I don't think it suits him imo.

So change up the hit & pause times to make it feel as it it had a bit of force. Got it.

Also, what's wrong with using Kilik's voice? I was going by the logic that since Chun-Fo is a monk and so is Kilik, I figured that Kilik's voice could work well.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update: Chunfo now has two supers and a tweaked Winpose. I would also like to make a special Shoutout to The Magic Toaster for helping with the Level 3 and winpose. Before anyone comments, yes some of the moves require polish and may look a bit janky but they will be tweaked in the future.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have some unfortunate (probably old) news. DuckSS isn't going to be working with us anymore. Not because of anything bad between the three of us, but he is going to a university and he needs to study a lot, so he will have no time for MUGEN.

I wish him the best of luck and I hope he succeeds.

If anyone out there is interested in helping out with the Remake (such as spriting, music or coding) I more then welcome you to join.

He seems to be okay with it since in his message, he said I could keep the sprites.

But I was thinking that maybe I would do Cliff. Mostly for the reason that you have a lot of projects on your plate and I wanted to take some of the work off of you, But maybe after I got the basic gist of him done you can do a bit of tinkering.