Charizard released by Gladiacloud

Gladiacloud

I'M TRYIN DIS BAD BOI OUT.

I nearly died of exitement when I saw the title. I hope somebody makes a blastoise in the future.

Just tried it out. It's as great as expected. My only complaint is that the A.I isn't very strong (which I may think is very minor). Other than that, this is WAY better than the other Charizards out there.

• No damage dampening
  • All crouching normals can be blocked high
  • All air normals can be blocked low.
  • QCB seems like it would be an overhead, but it can be blocked low.
  • Result of using Fire Blast three times in a row nonstop:

d4kh4a3.pngOTfPKJq.png

• Flare Blitz gives back power on hit.
  • Using Flare Blitz against an airborne opponent in the corner pushes Charizard back for some odd reason:

hv7dklt.png

• All normals are safe on block, including his knockdowns.
  • Weak Flamethrower is +12 frame advantage on block at point blank.
  • Trying to crouch repeatedly continuously spams the same sound effect over and over while he gets stuck in an animation loop.
  • Crossing up an opponent with aerial C causes them to be knocked toward Charizard, which results in him being pushed into a corner.

From MFG:

• There's a tiny gap between Charizard's left foot (viewer's right) and the shadow. I would suggest moving the shadow offset up, but I think Charizard might be too high up anyway, so perhaps move him down about two pixels...?uH76XCo.png
  • Its Hypers are a little bit too powerful, seeing as they're all level 1s. I'd say Earthquake is fine at 200, but seeing as you can combo Fire Blast into Flare Blitz, which deal 235 and 255 damage, respectively, that's 490 damage! Almost half the average character's Life stat! Either lower the damage of them or increase the damage and make them level 2s (or do one for one, and one for the other :P).
  • Flamethrower might be too powerful on the medium and heavy variants. 60 for light is fine, but 105 for medium and 143 for heavy seems too much.
  • What's the point in the medium and heavy variants of Flight? The damage is the same as the light variant, and all they do is go higher, which leaves Charizard open should it miss.
  • Tail whip rarely hits twice on smaller/thinner characters.
  • One of his win poses doesn't end -- it just keeps going indefinitely. It's at about 1:45: 

• What's the point in the medium and heavy variants of Flight? The damage is the same as the light variant, and all they do is go higher, which leaves Charizard open should it miss.

For that I think medium version should have invulnerability on the startup <best wake up option> and the strong version should do more damage <useful on combos>.