Creating specific characters winquotes

O Ilusionista

Ah! so thats how that works. I was pretty stomp on how you put winqoutes to interact with other characters after you defeat them. :-P

Now I know how this code is set. Thanks O!! :awesome

But I have one other question, does the State VictoryQoute needs to be coded under Statedef -2, or -3?  Or Does this code needs to be under its own Statedef in order for it to work properly? I'm confuse on that part :noway:

Thanks guys.

You can use a set of common quotes for common characters and have different quotes for only specific characters. Its just a matter of organize your quotes. For example, you can give a set of common quotes (from 1 to 6 here) and do this:

[state 0, VictoryQuote]

type = VictoryQuote

trigger1 = !time

value = 1+random%6

1+random%6 equals to 1 plus a random number out of 6 possible values (remember that it starts at 0, so the numbers are 0,1,2,3,4,5 only, 6 is not included. To make it easier to understand, its like to take 1 from the given value)

You code the special quotes using an index greater than 6:

[state 0, VictoryQuote]

type = VictoryQuote

trigger1 = p2name="Batman" || p4name ="Batman"

value = 7

Then you add the common quotes. Note: the specific quote should come BEFORE the normal ones.

[state 0, VictoryQuote]

type = VictoryQuote

trigger1 = !time

value = 1+random%6

Thanks guys.

You can use a set of common quotes for common characters and have different quotes for only specific characters. Its just a matter of organize your quotes. For example, you can give a set of common quotes (from 1 to 6 here) and do this:

1+random%6 equals to 1 plus a random number out of 6 possible values (remember that it starts at 0, so the numbers are 0,1,2,3,4,5 only, 6 is not included. To make it easier to understand, its like to take 1 from the given value)

You code the special quotes using an index greater than 6:

Then you add the common quotes. Note: the specific quote should come BEFORE the normal ones.

Ah! so thats how it goes. Okay that clears up my mind. :-)

Thanks agian O. :goodmood:

• 7 years later...