Underrated Fighting Game Characters

Hellzone

I know that Super Smash Bros Melee is NOT a fighting game, but IF that game would have been a fighting game, then I would just say Roy Elwood from Fire Emblem.

In terms of real fighting games, though, I would definitely say that Dan in (S)SF4 is super underrated.

dude you took the words right from my mouth Dan is hella underrated man hes my fav and best SF character 

Personally I say the most underrated Fighting game characters are mostly the Grapplers. you all know who I mean:

Zangief

T-hawk

Raiden/Big Bear

etc......[the list goes on]

Even though they real strong but you have to pull some crazy command motions to do some of their moves which is why many people don't play those type of characters often. :-P

Dan and Shingo are always easy picks but the real winner is Clark.  Clark is usually one of the best characters in every KOF game and I've seen no indication that he's any kind of popular.  He's well enough represented in Mugen, but I get the feeling that no one really likes him.

Clark is usually one of the best characters in every KOF game and I've seen no indication that he's any kind of popular.  He's well enough represented in Mugen, but I get the feeling that no one really likes him.

because Like i said in the previous post:

Personally I say the most underrated Fighting game characters are mostly the Grapplers. you all know who I mean:

Zangief

T-hawk

Raiden/Big Bear

Even though they real strong but you have to pull some crazy command motions to do some of their moves which is why many people don't play those type of characters often. :-P

Zangief

T-hawk

Raiden/Big Bear

Zangief... underrated? *sees K-Zangief, V-Zangief*

Raiden... underrated? *sees K-Raiden*

Question should be more focused about what do you mean by underrated.

what do you mean by underrated.

That Grapplers characters are not used alot in fighting games

Usaully people use characters like Ryu, Ken, Chun- li, Kyo, Iori, Ryo,Robert Garcia,Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard, Mai, etc..  thats what I mean. :-P

I do agree that Raiden is not well known, since he only had one crossover appearance and one KOF appearance.

However, Zangief is everything BUT underrated. In my opinion, Zangief is actually OVERrated.

Hmm.. well if you put that way Zangief has been getting used more this days then back duriing the old SF2 era..  :-P

because Like i said in the previous post:

Clark doesn't have hard motions.  He doesn't even have one of those SNK style 360s (f,hcf+whatever).  I guess hcbx2 and hcfx2 is kinda hard?  Whatever.  He's nothing like stereotypical grapplers.  He's always had persuit moves and since KOF96 or 97 (?) he's even had running grapples with really long distance.

Really, it has nothing to do with how he plays because, again, he's a monster on the tier lists.  It's safe to assume that his boring design is to blame for his lack of popularity.

I wouldn't say that grapplers are underated. Maybe overlooked. But not necessarily because they aren't popular. But because a lot of their moves require long commands in a short amount of time. Zangief being the obvious example. Pretty much any 360 based character. Clark being in the middle-class. Along with Alex, Abel and 180 based characters. It takes guts to main a grappler skill to effectively use them. With that said is choose this guy...

darun-mister-sfex2-artwork-full.jpg

Darin Mister