Green Ranger - Might Morphin Power Rangers

AxSeeker

Green Ranger - Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

nMJtw5r.gif

DOWNLOAD

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ipjit2vegb1lboc/GR.zip

This was a quick wip done for a forum for 2015 launch come back, as I have been absent for a few months. Things got complicated and so the wip had to be moved to various other forums. This release used a Cyclops base by Loganir and Verz and was modified into the green ranger. It's not exactly a 6 button character but more of a beat 'em up setup. Green Ranger has 2 special attacks, a blaster which he was given from Zordon in the show, but was never seen using it. The other special is a dagger throw seen in the fight between red ranger vs green ranger. Green Ranger has 1 super/hyper, he combines his saber of darkness with his dragon dagger and fire his famous laser beam/lightning bolts.

To perform the specials just do the hadoken (quarter circle forward on the D-pad) combination with an attack button press. Do it in reverse to use the other special. To perform the hyper, do the hadoken combination again and press two attack buttons at the same time.

The character is based on the hit TV series "The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers", a sentai American edited TV series from Asia. Enjoy!

you releasing him already really hmmmm ok  :confuse:

yep, it's done. I hope someday I get into Open BoR to maybe convert this stuff over. I played the sega and nintendo versions and all though I liked them, I think they could have been tweaked to make things fast paced and interesting. I think Beat 'em ups are too long and slow, I'd like to see something fast and satisfying.

Anyway, i hope it's a nice addition for some of you. ;)

btw I screwed up the title here :S it's supposed to be Mighty, not might.

My bad...

Okay so i've downloaded him and i noticed a few things that are off and need some fixes. I'm not trying to bash your work or hate on you, just wanted to bring it to your attention

1. Missing a hit box on this attack

344sfx1.png

2. He has no standing animation ( would look better if he did)

2cxbw2v.png

3. His crouch hitbox is too small

300bsk3.png

4. When you use his hyper it has a dc logo left over from the template you used

2ni1wcl.png

5. His AI needs some improvement becuase he spams his phaser and dagger throw over and over

6. His head needs work becuase it does not look fluid

7. His damage needs to be adjusted more, some attacks do way too much and some do too little

8. I wish you would of gone the extra mile to make him more fluid and more playable, maybe you could fix it for a future update

Over And Out

Hellzone

Okay so i've downloaded him and i noticed a few things that are off and need some fixes. I'm not trying to bash your work or hate on you, just wanted to bring it to your attention

1. Missing a hit box on this attack

344sfx1.png

2. He has no standing animation ( would look better if he did)

2cxbw2v.png

3. His crouch hitbox is too small

300bsk3.png

4. When you use his hyper it has a dc logo left over from the template you used

2ni1wcl.png

5. His AI needs some improvement becuase he spams his phaser and dagger throw over and over

6. His head needs work becuase it does not look fluid

7. His damage needs to be adjusted more, some attacks do way too much and some do too little

8. I wish you would of gone the extra mile to make him more fluid and more playable, maybe you could fix it for a future update

Over And Out

Hellzone

I took some time to spruce this up a bit. The crouching punch does have a hitbox, in fighter factory it is clns standard marked in a green hitbox. Open it up for yourself, it's there, anim 400.

I swapped out the dc logo with a ranger head from some google pic.

I stretched out the crouching hit box.

I'll leave the A.I., spamming is a part of gaming, not fair sometimes though.

For the rest I'll leave it for a future update, Spriting a stance takes a bit of time to get done and the heads aren't too bad imo?

Thanks for the thorough report, it has helped me improve my personal version. If i do anymore serious updates to make it worth downloading  again, I'll upload for everybody. :bye:

I took some time to spruce this up a bit. The crouching punch does have a hitbox, in fighter factory it is clns standard marked in a green hitbox. Open it up for yourself, it's there, anim 400.

I swapped out the dc logo with a ranger head from some google pic.

I stretched out the crouching hit box.

I'll leave the A.I., spamming is a part of gaming, not fair sometimes though.

For the rest I'll leave it for a future update, Spriting a stance takes a bit of time to get done and the heads aren't too bad imo?

Thanks for the thorough report, it has helped me improve my personal version. If i do anymore serious updates to make it worth downloading  again, I'll upload for everybody. :bye:

i'll look forward for a future update

So what is the actual point of making a post announcing the changes you've made only to say it's for your eyes only?

So what is the actual point of making a post announcing the changes you've made only to say it's for your eyes only?

I could release it now but what's the point for just a small fix, it won't make a big enough difference and who would bother downloading it again without something new?

Better to wait for the final version, for now you at least got this one to hold you over. It'll come in time.

I don't care who's sprites were taken. I just want a good ranger, damnit!

Is it wrong that I mentally read that in the voice of Hank Hill and laughed my ass off?  XD

.....anyway, I can understand wanting a good Ranger (or hell, a good TEAM of Rangers), but driving away two of MUGEN's finest to get one isn't the way to do things.  Ax should've used open-source sprites and not taken the "imma take yur sprite an yoooz for my gren ragner lol" route. 

you stole Loganirs sprites and didn't even credit him? I understand using it and giving credit but yea. Credit is REQUIRED HERE so you might wanna fix that. I am well aware of what you have been doing lately.

@ultra no he didn't give them credit.

you stole Loganirs sprites and didn't even credit him? I understand using it and giving credit but yea. Credit is REQUIRED HERE so you might wanna fix that. I am well aware of what you have been doing lately.

@ultra no he didn't give them credit.

Really now i thought he gave credit to him if not then i can see why there upset but i still wouldn't of quit