[PC] Pokemon Fangame/ROM Hack General Discussion

PlasmoidThunder

I see that a lot of Pokémon fan games are more difficult than the real deal.

I recall playing Pokémon Pyrite a few years back, and the second/third Gym (can't remember which) had a freaking Electivire. The only reason I beat it is because I got lucky somehow.

Some recent one that's been floating around called Pokémon Insurgence doesn't allow you to buy revives and stronger healing items from Poké Marts, I do believe.

LOL Play Pokemon Kaizo Crystal and Kaizo Blue if you want hard.... stuck on Bugsy in Kaizo Crystal and stuck on Surge in Kaizo Blue........

Pokemon My Ass Version is epic too (being srs btw that is the actual name of the hack)

Pokemon Fire Red Omega Is also Unforgiving....

Pokemon Strike Yellow

Pokemon Brown

Pokemon Victory Fire

Pokemon Ultraviolet

All the hacks I have played

I wish Pokemon Dark Violet and Pokemon Red Story would finish...

Before I discovered the glitches that I tried not to exploit, but actually needed, Blaze Black 2 was brutal on challenge mode. My favorite is Storm Silver though because it is able to sync with Battle revolution. Sadly they didnt make a colloseum compatible with Gen 5.

You guys are talking my language. I love rom hacks. On my facebook page (which I'm not going to show you because I like to keep my IRL life and internet life separate), I had a showcase of Rom hack glitches. I was going to create my own page about it, but I've been lazy.

Try playing pokemon ruby destiny reign of legends, now THAT is difficult. Before you get the legends...

I don't think I've beaten that game yet. I know I've beaten Life Of Guardians though. That game was pretty tough until I found an infinite rare candy exploit.

I'm surprised you guys are talking about tough rom hacks, yet none of you have mentioned pokemon Dark Rising. God, the level spikes in that game is unforgiving. It had this in depth storyline about you being a chosen one trying to find your father and stop this terrorist organization along with this entity. I heard there was a sequel that was made recently, but I have yet to beat the first one.

Here's to hoping for a HD Colosseum/XD sequel for the Wii U with consistent, high-poly models, Genius Sonority.

those were made by the same people that worked on XY's pokemon so blame whoever doled out the budget for colosseum and xd

having once dabbled in Pokémon fangames i can only say: lol @ using the RPG Maker XP engine with bolted-on scripts. Also fake-touchscreen style DS layouts on a PC game is a crime against UX design.

@Cayne what emulator are you using to run Storm Silver? When I use Desume or Nogba I get some weird bugs. One of them mainly being walking into any building at random times and the sprite of your character is all fucked up.

I would have played Dark Rising at @BrawlTheMan, but sense the author is making a Dark Rising 2 I will wait for it....

those were made by the same people that worked on XY's pokemon so blame whoever doled out the budget for colosseum and xd

It was less noticeable in the GameCube titles because of the lighting engine and the overall lower poly count. It became horrendously apparent in Battle Revolution, where Gen IV Pokémon looked all shiny, but the older ones did not, especially Blastoise and Persian.