Best free recording software for MUGEN 1.0?

DJSLASH571

Question

12 answers to this question

Snagit sucks it doesn't just capture what you want it to as far as audio so when you do record and there background noise you get that as well

I see..... plus the free version is only limited so I might scratch that program off my list.

"Debut Video capture" looks promising but you have to do some adjustments on how it records. At least you can audio record direct from the sound of the PC itself.

I use Camtasia for recodring and editing. I can't seem to use Fraps quite well and Bandicam gives me some lag on the videos.

Camtasia is cool but down side is free limitations. :-P

Fraps for some odd reason my firewall dosn't like it.

Bandicam is good but as you said Alter it lags sometimes plus you can only record up to 10-minuts unless you buy the full version of the program itself.

@DarkLight:

That's actually false about snagit..well actually I have snagit 9. It records sounds in the background of your home because you have shut off the microphone feature on your pc or lap top so you can just record the screen action. You have to adjust it to the pc your using. It happened to me a couple days ago on my new lap top I just got. It records pretty well.

But now im curious to try out camtasia  since I have a better pc

Don't use Debut. I used that to record my first MUGEN video and the framerate was horrendously choppy. The video is on my YouTube somewhere.

Camstudio is brilliant. It's completely free, no watermark, records high-quality video... But it can only generate .avi files up to 40 MB (or 4 GB, I can't remember), which (depending on the recording codec) is about 5-10 minutes; for MUGEN videos, that's usually optimal, however. It's also a bit fiddly to set up.

Don't use Debut. I used that to record my first MUGEN video and the framerate was horrendously choppy. The video is on my YouTube somewhere.

Camstudio is brilliant. It's completely free, no watermark, records high-quality video... But it can only generate .avi files up to 40 MB (or 4 GB, I can't remember), which (depending on the recording codec) is about 5-10 minutes; for MUGEN videos, that's usually optimal, however. It's also a bit fiddly to set up.

Hmm.. guess I'll try that out too.