DmC: Devil May Cry Definitive Edition

Uncle Dante

DmC is coming out March 2015. DMC4 is coming in Summer 2015. Both for PS4 and Xbox One.

I'm actually kind of excited for these. I'm glad to the see the original series come back in some way, as well as Vergil.

I'm a little disappointed that they are only re-releases, though. Especially DMC4, being released back in 2008.

I take it that the trailer suggests that Vergil will become a playable character in DMC4, but that makes me wonder, will he just be a playable character in Bloody Palace/Story Mode for the sake of being able to play as him, or would he have an actual story you can play through? Because if it's the latter, I don't see how Capcom would do that since I always assumed Vergil died at the end of the final Nero Angelo battle in Devil May Cry and I do know DMC4, chronologically speaking, comes after that game.

I take it that the trailer suggests that Vergil will become a playable character in DMC4, but that makes me wonder, will he just be a playable character in Bloody Palace/Story Mode for the sake of being able to play as him, or would he have an actual story you can play through? Because if it's the latter, I don't see how Capcom would do that since I always assumed Vergil died at the end of the final Nero Angelo battle in Devil May Cry and I do know DMC4, chronologically speaking, comes after that game.

I imagine it will be the former, I don't see how Vergil could be added story-wise, unless he was Nelo Angelo, but that's clearly not the case.

I'm just glad to see him back, though. I had fun playing as him in DMC3: SE.

(Unrelated) I wonder if Capcom is going to see which of these sells better and decide which series to continue afterwards. Just speculation, but if so, while I find DmC to be a solid game, I would rather them continue the original series. It's more established than DmC, and I think that the gameplay of DMC3 and 4 is better. DmC is better as its own game than it is as a Devil May Cry game, in my opinion.