[Download]

http://www.mediafire.com/download/spa1ruewpk8hkfi/Chelnov.zip

http://1drv.ms/107VKSI

[Comment]

RELEASE 1
Chelnov's Read Me

Name: Chelnov
Powers : Nuclear

Chelnov is Originally from a Arcade Infinite Runner game with the same name.
In the game he had various power ups he could collect and use, Which included Missiles, Spike Balls, Boomerangs, Laser Beams.
Data East references Chelnov in several of there games, One with very importance is "Fighters History: Mizoguchi Kiki Ippatsu!!"
Exclusively for the Super Nintendo, This marks the ONLY time Chelnov appears in a fighting game.

The First Release of this character will be semi accurate to the source, with the inclusion of a altered super (I think the way his super works is stupid so I made it a double helix.
The Second release will feature updates and faster gameplay mechanics as well as a combo system very similar to Leonardo and Goku.
Chelnov get's 2 releases because I know some people would want a accurate version (Which I can only produce so much since I don't care for all the technical mumbo jumbo in accuracy)
and some people want a version made for mugen.

D - Down
F - Forward
U - Up
B - Back

A - Light Kick
B - Heavy Kick
C - Not Used
X - Light Punch
Y - Heavy Punch
Z - Not Used
Start - Taunt

Grab - Heavy Punch (close)
Head Stomp - D+Heavy Kick (air)
Laser - D, F, Any Punch
Boomerang - F, D, B, Any Punch or Heavy Kick
Fireball - F, F, Any Punch (Air)
Missile - B, F, Any Punch

Spike Balls - F, D, B, Light Punch+Kick OR Heavy Punch+Kick

Special Thanks
My Wife
Alexei (Your amazing brother!)
iiGamesMasterii & UltraFatality (You guys keep me Sane!)
Mugen Free For All (For All the Support)
Mugen Guild (Keeping my feedback Frosty)

Awesome man. Congrats on the release. From the video, it looks like you have no sound on his super. I think some sort of movement sound, like a whooshing sound of the metal balls flying around. I'll give more feedback once I'm able to properly test him out.

<_<.... >_>...Im aiming for accuracy >_>... yeah thats it!

Interesting. I'll be sure to download this. Don't expect detailed feedback though; the super famicom Fighter's History is the only game in the series I haven't played ^_^

Edit: did you implement the weak point system in this char?

No I didnt not include it.

But if im correct his weak point is his visor yeah? Cause he had a set of sprites where it breaks off?

If you mean the sprite when his visor breaks, do you mean his time over animation?

Btw, I got some things to address about this Chelnov:

-No sounds during the intro?

-May be a picky one, but Hitsounds are somewhat mixed (LP on both stand and crouch uses a different hitsound, while
the rest of his normals uses CFJ hitsounds)

-Speaking of hitsounds, doing a normal far HK uses the same hitsound as his LKs, even though the rest of his Normal HKs uses a different hitsound in general)

-Maybe use a better sound for his Laser? As of now, I keep mistaking it as my computer's sound being bugged out (unless it's like that in source).

-You forgot a hitbox around here (this is during his landing after an air HP)

mvwzB6F.png

-His throw lacks impact in terms of the hitsound it uses.

-Hitspark's mis-aligned when I do a cross-up.

iwXhPjI.png

-Most of his specials deals the same damage (50 to be exact).

-As for "Chain" however, I think 225 amount of damage seems a bit too much for a regular special.

-His "time over" animation flickers.

-I think it's just me, but I would expect some kind of "burning" hitsound rather than the CFJ hitsound when my opponent gets hit from Chelnov's Air Fireball.

-"Super startup" sounds came in a bit too late (it's more worse in "Atomic Runner" though)

-The Spikeballs keeps hitting as if the combo goes on, yet the combo meter's not increasing (so far, this works when they're not in the corner)

-"Atomic Runner" feels.. empty (maybe it's because the stage I'm using has no bgm? But even so, something feel off about the super, sound wise).

-During the "projectile" part in Atomic Runner, Chelnov gains back a bit of meter.

-I don't know if you really intended Atomic Runner as a Lvl 1 Super, but..

FTon0Lp.png

This seems like a lot of damage for a lvl 1.

That's all I have for now. But for a first release for Chelnov.. This one needs work in the sound department.

-Maybe use a better sound for his Laser? As of now, I keep mistaking it as my computer's sound being bugged out (unless it's like that in source).

It does actually sound that weird in source.

i have 4 sets of sounds.

light punch

light kick

heavy punch

heavy kick

and its used for the 4 buttons, it changes based on the attack, the close attacks will sound different even though they are the same button, because of the type of attack.

all special attacks have there source accurate sounds, and the missle has some extra BSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH to it for that missile feel.

but i shall fix!

also the lack of intro sound and win sound. is also source accurate.

he doesnt have alot of sounds.

ALSO! I will finish a update to the regular semi accurate version first before I make his more combo friendly version.

No I didnt not include it.

But if im correct his weak point is his visor yeah? Cause he had a set of sprites where it breaks off?

Ah, I see. While I'm always one for accuracy, I can see why you didn't include it. It would kind of give him an unfair disadvantage against chars without the weak point system. I've only played Fighter's History 1 and a bit of Fighter's History Dynamite, so I wouldn't know this guy's weak point. If I ever get around to playing the Super Famicom exclusive Fighter's History game (haven't because I'm kinda annoyed that they took out most of my favorites, especially Marstorious), I'll be sure to aim for the visor.

Alright, some of my feedback and stuff

-Biggest gripe right now: most of the time at the start of a round, Chelnov will change color, usually the second round. I have no idea if it's me holding a direction that makes him do this, but it's kinda odd.

-Both the midair fireballs seem the same to me. I dunno what it is, but they seem to have the same distance. I imagine that the LP version would have a shorter distance but maybe be faster and the MP would be longer but slower or something like that. I haven't played the source game, so maybe the two versions were the same in that game, but hey.

-This might be a nitpick, but I feel that the super where he knocks the foe off screen and fires a million projectiles should be a level 3 super. It seems too big and flashy for a level 1.

Well, that's all I got right now. I'll be sure to experiment with him more when I get the chance. Pretty badass so far.

oh shit. regarding your biggest gripe.

thats a feature i put into my characters when im coding them.

fighter factory only allows you to see the first 2 pals, I want to see all 12 so i make it randomly pick a color out of the 12, so i can see if there is a break in my color speration.

I have ALOT of work to do!