Goku - Beta 2 Release (2015 Updates - Final/Completed Release Coming Soon)

AxSeeker

Goku - Beta 2 - Release

RNidmW0.png

http://mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/t4573-goku-beta-2-release

I tried to finish this but I was unable to. Though he has a lot more progress now and a few fixes. There are some bugs now though which I am unable to fix right now. The character is a little more cleaner and faster now with improved A.I. The character is no longer palette compatible at the moment. He has a new portrait and an updated palette.

This version has all specials and 1 hyper/super.

- Why did you put Akira Toriyama as the Author of this MUGEN creation? I know he made DB and all that but SERIOUSLY?
- Standing Light Punch and Medium Punch have misaligned sprites.
- Crouching Low Kick is misaligned.
- ALL animations are WAY to fast, Its so far it doesnt look good at all. Slow all of them down.
- Jump back has a fliped animation i think? Normally people look forward when there BACK FLIPPING, not looking back flipping then magically looking forward.
- QCB Punch, dude is that a mini spirit bomb?! You can spam that and INSTANTLY kill someone.
- QCF 2 Kicks, that super is WTF? What he goku doing exactly? he disappears, then there is so much going on at once. I dont even know what he is doing.

I put akira because goku is his invention and i feel that credit should only go to the original author.

Yes that is a normal spirit bomb. Larger versions in the anime take too long to form.

The super is the kameha wave. Goku vanishes, dodging any attack using super speed And then reappears to fire off an instant surprise kameha wave, similar to coolers revenge climax Finisher.

I put akira because goku is his invention and i feel that credit should only go to the original author.

Yes that is a normal spirit bomb. Larger versions in the anime take too long to form.

The super is the kameha wave. Goku vanishes, dodging any attack using super speed And then reappears to fire off an instant surprise kameha wave, similar to coolers revenge climax Finisher.

Man, if that Spirit Bomb kills the opponent instantly, then it should have been at least a LVL3 super instead.

@trinity,

I wanted to make it a super move originally but Goku just doesn't have that many attacks. Every other Goku struggles with this same issue and so a lot of filler comboes are added are added to compensate for this. I recall that I spent weeks tryign to figure out what specials he could do and how they should be done?

I really wanted something unique from the other mugen incarnations of Goku because it wouldn't have been worth making another clone for mugen.

At the very least you can still dodge, and block the attack with gaming skill ;)

Though yeah I gotta admit it is cheap LOL But I think something as strong as a super saiyan can get away with being a little cheap. Afterall they supposedly can destroy planets in the anime or even travel faster than light, etc.

@Dissidia,

I look forward to your review :p

But thanks anyway, I do enjoy your videos and your detail analysis. I do intend to use your recordings to fix up my stuff in the future.

@Kaiser,

You know I hate fights that I can win so easily in mugen. When I beat a character like Loganir's Thor or Wonderwoman, I can't help but appreciate and enjoy my victory more than any other circumstance, especially after you keep losing for so long, it just makes that win that much more special.

Don't you get a thrill from really using strategy and your gaming skills to win a fight? I know I do! Try and beat Sandman or Magneto by Kong and you'll get that gamer's High for sure when you do. LOL

@Dissidia,

I look forward to your review :p

But thanks anyway, I do enjoy your videos and your detail analysis. I do intend to use your recordings to fix up my stuff in the future.

Well here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MxDHoaNzaw&list=UUjjGusowQjd6najexRsvuMw

Well here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MxDHoaNzaw&list=UUjjGusowQjd6najexRsvuMw

I logged in right now hoping you would post this video. You uploaded this video about an hour ago and I could not stop laughing. LOL

But to answer one of your questions, Goku has Vegeta's theme for 2 reasons. 1, it sounds better than the original frieza saga one that Goku had and, 2, the theme was used not just for Vegeta. Gohan used it along with Vegeta and Goku as they were all stopping Perfect Cell.

Check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBOj04v4eAw

I was trying to recreate the wave like in that scene to.

My goal for this release was to do 2 things, 1, I wanted to make a hard Goku, and 2, make it epic. Ridiculous attacks, over the top specials and attacks, waves, etc.

Seeing your review has brought great joy to me. I really feel great in that I accomplished these things according to your review. This is exactly what I was trying to do. I wanted the world to fight a real Super Saiyan, the only other one that I saw doing this better was supermystery with more accurate damage and stuff liek that.

BTW I should have mentioned this in the release earlier but it's best to use this character in a long stage to really enjoy the other side of the super attack.

@Kaiser,

You know I hate fights that I can win so easily in mugen. When I beat a character like Loganir's Thor or Wonderwoman, I can't help but appreciate and enjoy my victory more than any other circumstance, especially after you keep losing for so long, it just makes that win that much more special.

Don't you get a thrill from really using strategy and your gaming skills to win a fight? I know I do! Try and beat Sandman or Magneto by Kong and you'll get that gamer's High for sure when you do. LOL

..........I was just asking if you could tone it down a bit.

On 10/6/2014 at 10:01 PM, Katakura-kun said:

so u want your silly  characters is hard to beat even thou they are fucking terrible on the damn codes u cant fix lol thats BS excuse i ever seen man

I've seen several videos allready of people defeating this character. It's not impossible, try it.

You'll love the challenge!

I enjoyed their videos because I saw them all struggle to win against my Goku. XD

• 9 months later...

That's an issue of the base I used, Thor by Loganir, I don't know how to fix or edit that out just yet?

I don't really understand A.I., I just copy/paste stuff and it sorta works sometimes.

Anyway,

A quick update on this character for some of you who are curious about the final version. This character has received updates all ready but it has not been released yet. Now this character has a few graphic improvements from DBZ 3dS rips, a new hyper/super move, an update on some specials and an intro! I'm working on an outro and a few other things. I have one more super/hyper to do and 2 grab attack specials! Some minor fxs have been added in as well on some of the old stuff.

This time around I am toning down the Super Saiyan aspect, I enjoyed and was happy with the fast version but now I am tweaking him with slower animations for a closer SFII experience. 

Also that brazillian user showed me how to align sprites so I am gonna give that a try on this Goku.

tc4Ayqw.png

I also have planned a round 2 scene for win and lose. I may do one other extra hyper/super if it looks good enough, an original move based on Pikkon Vs Goku in Other world tournament!

That's an issue of the base I used, Thor by Loganir, I don't know how to fix or edit that out just yet?

I don't really understand A.I., I just copy/paste stuff and it sorta works sometimes.

Anyway,

A quick update on this character for some of you who are curious about the final version. This character has received updates all ready but it has not been released yet. Now this character has a few graphic improvements from DBZ 3dS rips, a new hyper/super move, an update on some specials and an intro! I'm working on an outro and a few other things. I have one more super/hyper to do and 2 grab attack specials! Some minor fxs have been added in as well on some of the old stuff.

This time around I am toning down the Super Saiyan aspect, I enjoyed and was happy with the fast version but now I am tweaking him with slower animations for a closer SFII experience. 

Also that brazillian user showed me how to align sprites so I am gonna give that a try on this Goku.

tc4Ayqw.png

I also have planned a round 2 scene for win and lose. I may do one other extra hyper/super if it looks good enough, an original move based on Pikkon Vs Goku in Other world tournament!

I never mentioned infinites for a reason, and that's because i like them laharl.  :P

I might end the infinite of the spirit bomb attack though, but only because I don't like 2 spirit bombs attacking at once.

I like infinites in many cases because that's the kind of stuff that actually happens all the time, even company games like MvC. Call it broken but I call it fun. XD