[Arcade+Wii U] Pokken Tournament

Sweetfire13

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly, I will wait for DLC characters before buying this. Besides, I don't have a Wii U yet, and this game's going to have to wait in line, cause I got other games I want for the system. That, and there's, like, TWO Pokemon I even remotely like in this game. That's what you get for being the minority who likes big, heavy types over scrawny, flighty, can't-take-a-hit speedy types[;)] I guess. (And neither of the two I even like are the big, heavy type. I'll wait for Snorlax/Tyranitar/Aggron if they become DLC... Chances are we're getting Scizor and Greninja though, since people I know are BEGGING for those characters despite the fact that they really don't have anything to add to the current roster that isn't already in the roster.)

Oh wow, MugoUrth misses out on a darker, eviler version of an overrated legendary. Alert the media.

As for DLC, I think it's safe to say that they will add it down the road. They say they have no plans, but by now most people know better than to believe that.

Safe moves...? Outside of his weak attacks, they're all easily punishable, though being able to combo into a counter or a grab even if the opponent is blocking is quite something.

Rotom and Togekiss. Rotom prevents the opponent from jumping and Togekiss gives auto HP regen.

• 2 months later...

Yo, so I guess we gonna get DLC soon:

For those just joining us, u/ZekiraDrake pointed out that the numbers correspond to pokedex numbers meaning the three new pokemon referenced in these new files are Darkrai (491), Scizor (212), and Empoleon (395). I should point out that the batlseq archive doesn't contain all information about all fighters, but rather seems to contain supplemental files for various fighters and support pokemon. Character models and textures are located in content/WiiU/packdata/chrdep/master/, where no new files have appeared. If these files really do indicate that there will be new fighters, they will be completely seperate downloads when released (as opposed to the way sm4sh handles DLC, which is essentially just a small file that "unlocks" the new characters already included in the game update). This is interesting because it implies that those without the DLC will not be able to fight against DLC fighters online.

Also, we can rule out the files with 10453 as being significant in terms of DLC, as these are likely files for Croagunk (various pokemon forms in the game are often associated with increments of 100, like Pikachu Libre having files with 10025 and Charizard's mega form being labelled as depp006_100 in his character archive).

Again, the btlseq archive is for supplemental files - not all pokemon have a file in here. Given that there is space for four additional fighters on the CSS, there may be one more surprise fighter we don't know about yet. If we don't see any DLC announcements during Nintendo's E3 streams, it may be something we'll see at Evo.

TL;DR: New files in Pokken suggest Darkrai, Scizor, and Empoleon may be incoming DLC fighters - There could potentially be a fourth fighter too we don't know about yet

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/PokkenGame/comments/4o5mnh/some_info_about_file_differences_in_the_new_13/

Finally! A bulky fighter! But... Empoleon? Really? I suppose take what I can get, but honestly I would have preferred almost anyone else over Empoleon. Still, nice to have a bulky Pokemon, and a Water starter. Empoleon is better than nothing, I guess. Wave Man Reincarnate!

Darkrai, though, I'm not really interested in legendaries. Scizor, in all honesty, I have nothing but negative opinions for. I think he is a wasted slot that would have been better filled by, literally, any other Bug Pokemon that isn't an ugly red lobster with stick-figure anatomy like 2/3rds of the roster already. Seriously, these are POKEMON. A large roster of skinny characters are forgivable in games about humans, but Pokemon aren't humans. There should be more than just stick-figures.

There's still one more slot though. I wonder who will take that.

I'm pretty sure they're not trying to fill any body size quota. I guess they're picking the roster based on who they feel could have an interesting moveset or just looks cool.

I can dig Empoleon being playable; second-favourite starter next to Typhlosion.