hit boxes automatically change

xstarter

Question

10 answers to this question

It depends on how you're changing size. Most people would want the CLSNs to scale with the character they're resizing. What exactly is your goal?

I need to learn how to resize the char properly without the CLSNs scaling with the size,there was a king bowser char

that got scaled up and the CLSN boxes stayed small making it ridiculous to hit.The CLSN scaling also messes with

handling small chars making them harder to hit.Im resizing them by simply increasing these numbers but the CLSN

keeps changing with this

xscale = 1.8

yscale = 1.8

no, localcoord in the character's def.

put under pal.defaults something like localcoord = 177,lol which should be x1.8.  Note this only works on Mugen 1.x.

Also I'm surprised you're having this problem.  I'm pretty sure CNS scaling does scale hitboxes.  It does on all my characters that use it.

Also I'm surprised you're having this problem.  I'm pretty sure CNS scaling does scale hitboxes.  It does on all my characters that use it.

His problem is not that the hitboxes aren't rescaling with the scale values, it's that they are.

He wants the hitboxes to be scaled independently from the cns.

Right, which makes this so strange. He should just use scale, in the CNS, and not localcoord.

Either way, the hit boxes will scale with the character.  I know this because I checked the hit boxes on my SF1989 characters and they're correct.  I'm damn sure too lazy to program the hit boxes to fit the sprites after they're scaled!

My only guess is that the OP is trying to do some kind of sprite swap where the new sprites are the wrong size.  Either that or this is just another stupid winmugen quirk that I've thankfully never dealt with.

And to the guy that said (this makes this so strange) I HAVE BEN using scale in the CNS and its not working.And NotGoodName you

are half right.This isn't just a sprite swap,this is MY OWN sprite swap so I can remodel chars off my char and not somebody else's

work.If it was ,I would of just asked sprite swap.