Coding help

Valgallah

Question

7 answers to this question

1.) It's possible. You need to switch your Death Cry from Group 11,0 to something else. Then just trigger it manually:

[State -2]
type = PlaySnd
trigger1 = time=1 && !alive && !fvar(0) ; fvar(0) makes sure this only plays once. Change it if you're already using fvar(0)
trigger1 = fvar(0):=9999
value = X, random%num_deathcrys ; X is your new Death Cry group.

1. its impossible in a sense, because the death cry is always group 11, index 0.

there is no way to work around it.

2. in your state 180 you need a code like this.

[state 180, 1]

type = ChangeState

triggerall = enemynear, name = "Ryu" && win

trigger1 = !time

value = 182

Many times some MUGEN state controllers refuse to work with trigger1 = Time = 0; they only work with trigger1 = Time = 1.

Don't know why............

It's because it takes one tick to get to the negative states.

First, it goes through all of the states before it, but since the negative states are running at all times, they are processed after the first tick, which processes the normal states. This isn't an official reason, but it's an explanation if anything.

1.) It's possible. You need to switch your Death Cry from Group 11,0 to something else. Then just trigger it manually:

[State -2]
type = PlaySnd
trigger1 = time=1 && !alive && !fvar(0) ; fvar(0) makes sure this only plays once. Change it if you're already using fvar(0)
trigger1 = fvar(0):=9999
value = X, random%num_deathcrys ; X is your new Death Cry group.

The code doesn't work when i put it in state -2 but it worked fine in state -3. The problem now is it doesn't play when my char is put in a custom state (like complex throws/hypers), it only plays when the custom state ends.

The code doesn't work when i put it in state -2 but it worked fine in state -3. The problem now is it doesn't play when my char is put in a custom state (like complex throws/hypers), it only plays when the custom state ends.

It was something I came up with off the top of my head and untested, but it should work in State -2. As a coder, it's your job to use trial and error to get it working. I've used that "fvar(0)" technique many times and also have played random sounds before, so I know what I'm talking about here. :P

Try removing time=1. Maybe that part is overkill.

It was something I came up with off the top of my head and untested, but it should work in State -2. As a coder, it's your job to use trial and error to get it working. I've used that "fvar(0)" technique many times and also have played random sounds before, so I know what I'm talking about here. :P

Try removing time=1. Maybe that part is overkill.

I'll stick with this setup for now since the ko state is hardcoded in the engine. Thanks :)