Suicide code

DuckAzz

Question

12 answers to this question

I don't know exactly how this works, but I do know that for it to look right, you have to override 5150 so that it has a condition to use your animation for laying collapsed.  And I guess that your hyper should changestate to 5150 after it executes the life drain and plays the collapse animation.

All you need to do is send the player to 5150 after their animation has gotten to a point where they look dead. 5150 doesn't have it's own animation from what I remember. It just uses whatever your previous animation was and doesn't reset it or anything. That's why you're able to SelfState to 5150 from a custom state to make a custom death.

SO i need to make change anim (because i have loop in first anim) and selfstate with 5150 right?

It depends. If you're in a custom state, then use SelfState. If you're not, simply use ChangeState. And yes, make sure your animation never ends or it will loop and look weird. Create either a loop near the end of the animation or (if for example, your character is on the floor) you can end the last frame with a time of -1.

WAIT! IT WORKED! I JUST MADE ANOTHER 5150,everything else with normal dead is working fine. thanks :-)

No problem. However, making a second state shouldn't be necessary. You'd just be overriding the original one, which would be fine unless you have changed something in the CNS. In any case, I'm glad that you fixed it. :)