MUGEN Dialogues

Gamer251

Question

12 answers to this question

Well, the answer is yes. You have in the intro or win post, but nothing more than that. I has to be coded into the character in question. The dialogues would be images too, shown via Explod or Helper usage. You don't have the ability to write out text.

Dld you mean something like this: 5MGrS3V.gif ?

Something like that could work.

I was thinking something like the dialogues from Touhou Hisoutensoku, if possible.

Well, the answer is yes. You have in the intro or win post, but nothing more than that. I has to be coded into the character in question. The dialogues would be images too, shown via Explod or Helper usage. You don't have the ability to write out text.

Any tips on how? o:

Mugen Story Mode is really intriguing.

Any tips on how? o:

Mugen Story Mode is really intriguing.

Well, how much CNS do you know? It would be really easy. Each dialog would be a different Explod, triggered by a different time (e.g. time=10). The removetime on each Explod would vary as well. This would go in your intro state, 190. So, to have a dialogue between different characters, you would have to code both dialogues into both characters and detect the player you're against using enemy,name.

Something like that could work.

I was thinking something like the dialogues from Touhou Hisoutensoku, if possible.

th1232010122517174048.jpg

You meant this one?  If so then it does looks like the one I posted a while ago.  Like what Алексей said, those two (2) Alice's were done by using both Helper and Explod state controllers. 

If you want some more intriguing then you might want to try something like this:

D8TWnO5.png

One thing you may want to know when doing such dialogues thingy in MUGEN -- you need to make sure the text won't appear in a mirror-like manner for both sides of the players.  There are some MUGEN triggers that let you set up properly (i.e. TeamSide, Facing,...etc.).

Oh, okay~

I don't really know much CNS, sorry...

I've been out of MUGEN for quite some time now.

I think you might look at a Training MUGEN character because its button "a" and button "b" moves make use of some dialogues.

kOHH5eb.png

This Training MUGEN character is based on the usual Kung Fu Man (KFM) bundled with official MUGEN package.

So, I hope it won't be so hard for you to try to study this KFM-based Training MUGEN character.

Download hyperlink of this Training MUGEN character:  http://www.mediafire.com/download/tvkg71vzxs7xcke/Training.rar#!

* credit by Zzyzzyxx aka Rimu

thats a custom win screen for a character, coded in there win pose.

if you want intro fight talks.

like this.

http://youtu.be/0Y9r_yPUy14?t=1m10s

then its merely a explod at the intro states, and in the explod you could do the motion of moving in and out using the x axis.

This is actually promising~

Do you know how to do it?

Well, how much CNS do you know? It would be really easy. Each dialog would be a different Explod, triggered by a different time (e.g. time=10). The removetime on each Explod would vary as well. This would go in your intro state, 190. So, to have a dialogue between different characters, you would have to code both dialogues into both characters and detect the player you're against using enemy,name.

Ok.....Ummm.....Could you please explain this so that someone who doesn't try to mess with the MUGEN files too much could understand? This is kinda making me interested in trying to code a conversation between Seravy's Yukari and Felix2011's Spongebob.

And I apologize if this site is against Necroing threads, I kinda just have a question on top of the one who posted the thread.

Ok.....Ummm.....Could you please explain this so that someone who doesn't try to mess with the MUGEN files too much could understand? This is kinda making me interested in trying to code a conversation between Seravy's Yukari and Felix2011's Spongebob.
And I apologize if this site is against Necroing threads, I kinda just have a question on top of the one who posted the thread.

We do have rules against necro-bumping. They're more strictly applied in the News and Releases sections though. Here I see no harm.

To be honest, I thought I did explain it like that. Since it's something that requires you to know or be familiar with CNS, I'm not sure how I could explain it any better. Your best bet is to delve right in and see what you can do without any help, using the documentation of course to help you along. If you can't wrap your head around something, feel free to post a new thread explaining your hardships and showing your attempts.

We do have rules against necro-bumping. They're more strictly applied in the News and Releases sections though. Here I see no harm.

To be honest, I thought I did explain it like that. Since it's something that requires you to know or be familiar with CNS, I'm not sure how I could explain it any better. Your best bet is to delve right in and see what you can do without any help, using the documentation of course to help you along. If you can't wrap your head around something, feel free to post a new thread explaining your hardships and showing your attempts.

All right den...