Why do people believe they're Otherkin?

So I recently talked to my friend about this whole "otherkin" thing.....and it turns out he really does think he's a dragon.  Basically I tried to talk to him about it, which ended up turning into him talking about him and his "past lives" which gets ridiculous as he talks about how he came up with shit like Old Spice and way more stupid stuff.

Again, I'm not trying to sound like a dick here, because I don't hate him or anything.  At first I found this as a little quirk of his, but now it's starting to irritate me simply because of how much he shoves it down my throat.

You gotta tell him why this whole otherkin thing is something that's really unhealthy and if he has any friends which encourages this sort of behavior(which is probably the reason why he considers himself a dragon or whatever) and to stop hanging out with them.

If that doesn't work then you either have to accept that this is what he's doing with his life is his decision to make or you'll just have to stop talking to him. 

What I want to know is, why are these "other-kin" people always badass stuff like wolves, phoenixes, or dragons? There has to be someone out there who considers themselves something like...I don't know...trilobite-kin?

What I want to know is, why are these "other-kin" people always badass stuff like wolves, phoenixes, or dragons? There has to be someone out there who considers themselves something like...I don't know...trilobite-kin?

Nope, It's about being "better" and feeling more important about yourself, lol. Diminutive forms would not be in favor of their goals.

Sakuya.  Not much you can do but be yourself.  Just because you don't see eye to eye with someone doesn't mean you can't still be friends.  But if they feel you can't be friends anymore then time to move on.

If a man farts in a Wal-Mart and no one is around the corner to smell it, does it still count?