Why do people believe they're Otherkin?

I seriously wanna know why some people are a part of this whole otherkin thing.  Sure, I posted a status update on this earlier (at least by the time I started this topic), but that's because I seriously want to know about this.

If you don't know:  It's pretty much a subculture of people who believe they're dragons and vampires and shit.  My best friend apparently became a part of this whole thing about a year ago, and it's seriously been bugging me to the point where I have to make some topic on some forum or whatever.  The biggest question though, is why?  Why do people think they're a night elf warlock named Subsol Locuitor who fighst with tomahawks or something like that?

I dunno.  I've just been wanted to get this off my chest for a while now.

You mean I'm not a dragon?! 

Seriously now, acording to wikipedia, it says that not all "otherkin" think that they're dragons,vampires,etc..., some prefer to simply identify themselves as non-human, and that formerly this was considered a symptom of "Psychotic Delusional Thinking" (http://psychcentral.com/disorders/delusional-disorder-symptoms/), so, that means your friend doesn't necessarily think that he's a vampire

Oh dear g... Some more information that I learned and didn't need to know. Is this for real? Lol, I take it there's not much a of "real world" for these people who partake. Comicon is one thing, but actually believing that you're non-human is ridiculous.

Why do people think they're a night elf warlock...

Too much WoW? Can you even be a Night Elf Warlock? My days of that are over, lol.

I am not greedy; I just want to be a legendary barbarian like him:
MwuKJo6.png

If I became such legendary barbarian then I could be able to fight you all dungeon dragons/draculas/monster inc./ghosts n goblins/beauty & the beast/a boy & his blob....etc. th_114_.gif

>> The biggest question though, is why?

My guess is, they are not satisfied with their current attributes so they want a change to become stronger and...hmmm....more unique?
Next, some split-personality issue like ShanKanTrice?

>> That's why you shouldn't play RPGs too much.
One of my favorite SFC RPGs is Shin Megami Tensei I/II/IF

I seriously wanna know why some people are a part of this whole otherkin thing.  Sure, I posted a status update on this earlier (at least by the time I started this topic), but that's because I seriously want to know about this.

If you don't know:  It's pretty much a subculture of people who believe they're dragons and vampires and shit.  My best friend apparently became a part of this whole thing about a year ago, and it's seriously been bugging me to the point where I have to make some topic on some forum or whatever.  The biggest question though, is why?  Why do people think they're a night elf warlock named Subsol Locuitor who fighst with tomahawks or something like that?

I dunno.  I've just been wanted to get this off my chest for a while now.

I believe i'm a Death God and i don't know why *shot*

You mean I'm not a dragon?! 

Seriously now, acording to wikipedia, it says that not all "otherkin" think that they're dragons,vampires,etc..., some prefer to simply identify themselves as non-human, and that formerly this was considered a symptom of "Psychotic Delusional Thinking" (http://psychcentral.com/disorders/delusional-disorder-symptoms/), so, that means your friend doesn't necessarily think that he's a vampire

You don't even know.  He even tells me about all of these stories and shit that he experienced and stuff and acts like all this shit really happened, sometimes dragging me into his mess.  It's almost like some sort of obsession taken too far.  If he was joking or didn't actually believe this, I probably wouldn't have started this thread.

i see a lot of ridiculing here but for the sake of it.

the notion of identifying as non-human is ridiculous because species doesnt really have the same fluidity as gender or even sex. however some people simply do not want to conform.

ppl want to be unique or atleast feel special.

I feel like this plan of theirs could backfire. If everyone ends up "feeling special" and believing they're dragons, vampires, werewolves, whatever... then the uniqueness will dry out. They need some new ideas lol.

I feel like this plan of theirs could backfire. If everyone ends up "feeling special" and believing they're dragons, vampires, werewolves, whatever... then the uniqueness will dry out. They need some new ideas lol.

You mean like believing they're people?

You mean I'm NOT a gap youkai OR a Night Elf Mohawk?

Shutupfool.gif

i see a lot of ridiculing here but for the sake of it.

the notion of identifying as non-human is ridiculous because species doesnt really have the same fluidity as gender or even sex. however some people simply do not want to conform.

At least until they start offering species reassignment surgery while using scrotum skin to craft dorsal fins in order to complete your transformation into a dolphin.

yes but their can be comraderie in that uniqueness. such as the vampire example. during a certain period in middle school there was vamp kids. just like preps and jocks. you want to be unique but not an outsider. ne?

yes but their can be comraderie in that uniqueness. such as the vampire example. during a certain period in middle school there was vamp kids. just like preps and jocks. you want to be unique but not an outsider. ne?

I suppose, but doesn't that break the definition of "unique?"