A silly question...

Gaulbetti

Which Ryu would win?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Interesting discussion topic!

My guess:

- version 1 = Ryu (human player)

SFII CE Ryu because of his absolutely invincible Dragon Punch and SFII dino-damages

* SF 1 Ryu also has these two (2) advantages but as a human player, SF 1 control is so d@mn hard.......

- version 2 = Ryu (A.I. CPU)

Either MVC series Ryu or TVC Ryu because both have made good use of assists and Kamehameha supers.......

Interesting discussion topic!

My guess:

- version 1 = Ryu (human player)

SFII CE Ryu because of his absolutely invincible Dragon Punch and SFII dino-damages

* SF 1 Ryu also has these two (2) advantages but as a human player, SF 1 control is so d@mn hard.......

The reason why SF1 Ryu can do so much damage on his specials is because it was near impossible to pull off the special moves to begin with.

I actually once saw someone, who could do SF1 Ryu's Dragon Punch ALL THE TIME by using the so-called "one hand only" method:

- choose the SF 1 arcade machine which is not the deluxe version (normal version has no big button pads)

- use only your left hand, do the SF1 Ryu's Dragon Punch motion (I saw that someone was just doing a right-corner quick circular motion), near to the end of the motion, hit the light punch button with the root bone of the thumb. 

Hard to explain so I am using a picture here:

sZiGFMP.jpg  dazX20Z.jpg  that arrow place is the "root bone of the thumb" I mentioned. 

I did tried using this "one hand only" method on a non-deluxe SF 1 arcade machine and it worked!  But my left hand felt sore quickly then I gave up......

Reference:

- a deluxe SF 1 arcade machine:

Bt1lOen.jpg    * may not be using the "one hand only" method due to its big padded buttons

- a non-deluxe SF 1 arcade machine:

GiblXtW.jpg

* just looks like other non-deluxe arcade game machines......so may be able to use the "one hand only" method

• 3 weeks later...