He Who Sleeps Now Awakens: Shuma-Gorath's Definitive Update

Basara-kun

shuma.gif
All you know Shuma-Gorath and the version I released for "The End of the World" (12/22/12), it was unfinished and with just a few moves ready. Well, after months of hard work, I finally finished this awesome monster from Marvel vs. Capcom series with all the stuff I wanted for him and even more!! Here's the update list taken from his readme:

07/10/2014 - Version 1.0 (Final?)

-Fixed bugs reported on the first version

-Added lacking sprites from walk and backwalk thanks to Cyanide
-Added more basic moves not present in first version
-Added more sounds and voices
-Added pendent moves: Crystal Smash, Devitilization, The Spawning and Chaos Dimension
-Remade Mystic Ray (normal and Hyper) animation
-Added second throw, Absorving Energy (F/B + z)
-Now all throws can be done in the air too
-Fixed bug from second palette (pink/MSH)
-24 new palettes, 12 cosplay pals made by me and 12 pals thanks to Mugen Fighters Guild users
-Compatibility with MUGEN1.0+ (data, winquotes, etc), now choose "SG-m1.def" instead "SG.def"
-New small portrait and MVC3 palette thanks to NDS-Silva
-Rearranged old palettes with new effects
-New poses (wins and intros)
-Intros vs. Shuma-Gorath (all MUGEN versions), Haggar and Hsien-ko/Lei-Lei (based on MVC3)
-Added MVC2's SuperBG
-Added info and story in readme

And now... the mandatory shots:
sg5.png
sg6.png
sg7.png
sg8.png
I hope you enjoy this new version, I personally feel like I would remake completely the character, maybe you can feel that, too. So, enjoy him ;)

Chars -> Adaptations

------------------------------------------------------------

SG UPDATED!!!!

07/11/2014 - Version 1.01

-Fixed multiple clones bug on The Spawning (thx Hoshi)
-Adjustado minor detail on Crystal Smash (thx Borewood)

And... alternate link in case you can't download from my website: https://www.sendspace.com/file/b2e7ps

I have another version of this character, but one thing I noticed about it was that it used backgrounds for its stretch grapple and Chaos Dimension and some of his moves used the wrong combination. For example, his Mystic Stare is supposed to be Back to Forward then punch, but instead it's hold punch and release.

I will definitely check this out. Shuma Gorath was always my favorite to play as in those games.

Very solid MUGEN release I must say!  Even I am not a Shuma-Gorath player and not quite familiar with it I find your MUGEN version cool!

I like The Spawning super (quite a creative super!) I think it shall not be easy to code.  I also like the custom get-hit state for P2 when P2 is hit by Mystic Ray.

Only one thing I found (I am using MUGEN1.0):

- the Devitilization move:  both human player and A.I. are not able to block/guard it.

I know this move should be able to be blocked/guarded because its HitDef has a guardflag = MA

But!  Since its the first frame of its animation Action has a Clsn1, for some strange reason (I think it's MUGEN1.0's fault), both human player and A.I. are not able to block/guard any attack whose animation Action has a Clsn1 in the first frame.  I encountered this strange MUGEN1.0 issue before too.

[begin Action 500]
Clsn1: 1
 Clsn1[0] = -64,-35, 76,  8
Clsn2: 1
 Clsn2[0] = -64,-55, 76,  8
700, 0, 0, 0, 3

700, 1, 0, 0, 3

jpZLhEg.png

8F1391M.png

When I was working with this strange MUGEN1.0 issue with my MUGEN stuff, I did the fix by one (1) of two (2) ways:

1) add a frame before that first frame without a Clsn1:

[begin Action 500]
700, 0, 0, 0, 1
  ;; 1 + 2 = 3
700, 0, 0, 0, 2
  ;; 1 + 2 = 3 or leave it as 3 like before
700, 1, 0, 0, 3

OR

2) add one (1) game tick to the trigger1 = Time = 0:

[state 250, 1]
type = HitDef
trigger1 = time = 1 ;; added 1 = 0 + 1
attr = A, NA
damage = 100, 10
animtype = Heavy
guardflag = MA
hitflag = MAF

After either way of fixes, P2 can block/guard the Devitilization move now:

Tj95cUq.png

I am not sure whether this strange issue happens in winmugen or not, as I have given up using winmugen for long.

Hmmmm, what a little detail that you have there. But yeah, you're right, I'll fix that thing during this day, thanks for notice it ;)

DartzPie: Sure, I'll make an alt. link just in case, probably after I update SG today n_n

Also, thanks to all for your comments, if you find something, just tell me and I'll fix it