Werewood

Custom DT2 Beatrix CE

Exclusively announced in MUGEN FREE FOR ALL, my new MUGEN home

MUGEN Characters 1500 Series: Custom DT2 Beatrix CE by Borewood

Custom DT2 Beatrix CE is from "Duel Toys 2"

Custom_DT2_Beatrix.png?psid=1

OMK Beatoriche: "Welcome to the Beat*mania club!"
TRF2 Beatrice: "Hey what are you good at?"
DT2 Beatrix: " I Am Good At Killing Telephone Bills, Credit Card Bills, Water Bills, Power Bills, Gas Bills, Catering
                        Bills,...etc."

* Beatrix is from Duel Toys 2 (DT2), a 2D fighting game created by José Henrique

- official DT2 web site (Beatrix page):  http://dueltoys.blogspot.hk/2009/07/beatrix-kiddo.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MUGEN Version

Custom DT2 Beatrix CE = Custom Duel Toys 2 Beatrix Kiddo Cosplay Edition

The source game, DT2, sadly remains in its beta phase for years.  José Henrique may not have any update plan, seemingly.  Like all other DT2 characters, Beatrix has limited number of available sprites, and she has no voices at all.  I used my usual half-assed "make movies take screenshots clean images" way to rip her from DT2.  I don't know how to rip DT2 sound effects, so I just used some ones from my previous MUGEN characters.  Nonetheless, I tried to find some Kill Bill sound effects for my MUGEN version.  Moreover, I added a cosplay feature for my MUGEN version, while some other DT2 female characters are fitting her for a cosplay, hence the CE (Cosplay Edition) suffix.

Please read the included "MUGEN Manual.doc",

or read it online here:  https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E&resid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E!627&app=Word

Thank you all!

Video Preview
if you don't have nicovideo account:  http://en.niconico.sarashi.com/?sm23938150
if you have nicovideo account: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23938150

or

my OneDrive here:  https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E&id=7DB65F02B0BBD12E!628&v=3

Please download: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E&id=7DB65F02B0BBD12E!625-> MUGEN Characters 1500 Series -> Custom_DT2_Beatrix -> Custom_DT2_Beatrix_2014-07-06.zip

* for MUGEN 1.0 only.
  (Custom_DT2_Beatrix.def - localcoord = 412,309)
  (mugen.cfg - [Config] - GameWidth = 640 & GameHeight = 480)

nice. musta been hard to get the sprites like you mentioned.

i still have dual toys 2 on my laptop. but i gave up after getting to some loop where i couldn't advance any further. no idea what happened.

Well, DT2 character sprites are not that hard to rip due to the game's simplicity.  The hardest part, and the uncontrollable part is, the sprite quality control.  Basically it is "what I see is what I rip".

From José Henrique's DT2 web site:

DEVELOPMENT TOOLS (of DT2)

Multimedia Fusion 2 

Flash CS3 

Photoshop CS3 

Paper 

Coffee 

Pen 

Pencil

I did some research on how to reverse-engineering Multimedia Fusion 2 executable file but nothing was successful.

And Flash sprites are usually different from the work sprites' origin, now Flash sprites are even used in Multimedia Fusion 2, so the resulting graphics rendering goes with "2-layer".  If José Henrique could release the "0-layer" (the Photoshop CS3 source sprite files), then my Custom DT2 Beatrix would be looking 100x better.  As with the DT2 game itself, I haven't played the story mode yet.  And it is really sad that José Henrique has stopped working on DT2 for long (at least in the public sense).  I wish he will add voices in the future because my Custom DT2 Beatrix lacks of any voices.

first thing to come to my mind was Kill Bill.

Yeah, Kill Bill is the sole reason for me to have chosen The Bride as my first DT2-to-MUGEN attempt!

i can't remember, did the 2 different gameplay styles have different moves as well, or just different ways to execute the same things? been so long since i played. i ask because maybe that'd be an extra source of sprites for future conversions?

darth vader might be a good one to do next as could also rip stuff from the embedded mini game that could be of use. may have had a stage too. not to mention all the other star wars source could draw from to add to him.

i can't remember, did the 2 different gameplay styles have different moves as well, or just different ways to execute the same things? been so long since i played. i ask because maybe that'd be an extra source of sprites for future conversions?

darth vader might be a good one to do next as could also rip stuff from the embedded mini game that could be of use. may have had a stage too. not to mention all the other star wars source could draw from to add to him.

Yes you are right about the modes:  Solar Lemon and StarJoy

Some specials use the same commands in each mode, while doing completely different actions.

Most supers are separated by these modes though.  I am not a fan of modes in my DT2 MUGEN so I may just include both mode features in one, like my Custom DT2 Beatrix CE.

The "extra source of sprites" you said, cannot quite be ripped because these belong to some internal materials, which are inaccessible to a mere DT2 user.  That was why I tried to do research on reverse-engineering Multimedia Fusion 2 executable file, in hope of getting some internal materials.

This is the case with many other source games that I am interested in ripping.  Mostly only those game hackers are able to do such rip-by-file-hack operations.  I am apparently just a normal user who knows nothing about game hacking.

The next DT2 character that I want to mugenize is, Indiana Jones!  Not only because he is a classic popular movie character but also his DT2 gameplay is quite interesting in my opinion.  When it is time for me to start working on mugenizing DT2 Indiana Jones, I will need to find suitable DT2 cosplays for him.

About your suggestion about DT2 Darth Vader, I think he should be a boss-type MUGEN character.  If I am going to mugenize a DT2 Darth Vader, then I think I will not add the DT2 cosplay custom feature to him.  Perhaps just increase his attributes to reflect his boss-type origin.

Just popping my head out here to give Beatrix some quick feedback. Hope you don't mind.

-At least shorten down the superpause time? For now, it seems like I have to wait around a couple of secs for the super to come out.

-If you do her Dropkick in close, the opponent doesn't really bounce off the wall like it's supposed to (Same thing happens if I use 2 Dropkicks during a combo).

MzuTAgN.png

Instead, it looks like she's just floating in the air.

-Her taunt makes it looks like she's got something to say, but no voice clip?

-Speaking of which, I understand why she might be silent (probably the source game having no voice clips), but having none almost seems quite awkward at times (Like her Super-startup for one, where her "attack" sound plays during the startup)

-Why is her "superjump" just a regular hop?

-Maybe it's because I didn't read the readme, but I don't really understand her "B" move (I can understand how it's used as a command, but as a standing "normal", she just stands there while she's wearing another costume)

-No Roll?

-Maybe it's just me, but I don't think a DP needs this many red Hitboxes:

jW7ODWU.png

Then again, I was thinking about how Jago's Tiger Fury hitbox is like (Where it's just one big red Hitbox, as opposed to 3).

-I noticed that the "stun system" in Beatrix is the same as Luffy's. Intentional?

That's all I have for now.

Tenryuu, thanks for testing out my MUGEN stuff again :bow:

>> At least shorten down the superpause time? For now, it seems like I have to wait around a couple of secs for the super to come out.

That was made totally for the Kill Bill siren sound effect. 

The original Kill Bill siren sound effect is way longer than that, and I had to cut it for the SuperPause state controller:

>> ...her Dropkick in close, the opponent doesn't really bounce off the wall like it's supposed to...it looks like she's just floating in the air.

This was by my intention.  I tweaked KFM default wall-bounce MUGEN code to make it like, wherever P2 gets a wall-bounce, he/she/it usually lands close to P1.  I began this custom KFM default wall-bounce with my Custom SD Luffy.

>> Her taunt makes it looks like she's got something to say, but no voice clip......Speaking of which, I understand why she might be silent (probably the source game having no voice clips), but having none almost seems quite awkward at times

Duel Toys 2 has no voices at all.  And I don't know how and where to find Beatrix Kiddo voices so I just let her be silent all the time.....

>> Why is her "superjump" just a regular hop?

This is the way in Duel Toys 2:  http://dueltoys.blogspot.hk/2009/07/how-to-play.html

>> Maybe it's because I didn't read the readme, but I don't really understand her "B" move (I can understand how it's used as a command, but as a standing "normal", she just stands there while she's wearing another costume)

This is my MUGEN idea:  with commands with the button "b", she can cosplay four (4) different Duel Toys 2 girls and perform one (1) special move of each of them.  Without commands with the button "b", she just stands there doing a stance cosplay.  During which she is completely hittable by P2.  So, the player has to be careful not to forget to input commands........hmmmmmmm.......so you think this is a bad MUGEN idea?

>> No Roll?
Duel Toys 2 has no neutral rolls but only dodge.  The rolls are used for get-up recovery rolls.

>> Maybe it's just me, but I don't think a DP needs this many red Hitboxes

Well, if not using multiple ones like that, I didn't know how to make a single cover the whole arc.....

>> I noticed that the "stun system" in Beatrix is the same as Luffy's. Intentional?

Yes.  And I made it need longer to make P2 get dizzy.